Football Predictions Remembered

Home Forums StateFans Football Football Predictions Remembered

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Keymaster

I thought it would be an interesting conversation to look at the prediction thread and who predicted what.

A lot of predictions between 8-10. It is interesting who predicted ten wins. DD severely underperformed based on the majority of expectations.

Congrats to Khan and Jason P they correctly predicted 7-5

http://www.statefansnation.com/forums/topic/cfb-2015-starts-this-week-what-do-you-expect-from-the-pack/

JasonP
    Participant

Wow, I’m rarely correct about anything, and I was sincerely hoping the 10 win dreamers were right.

Unfortunately I think we have a very similar ceiling next year only we could end up worse. I follow another board for recruiting info and it ain’t looking too good.

Rick
    Keymaster

Wow, I’m rarely correct about anything, and I was sincerely hoping the 10 win dreamers were right.

Unfortunately I think we have a very similar ceiling next year only we could end up worse. I follow another board for recruiting info and it ain’t looking too good.

Not just recruiting. Our schedule is brutal and we are breaking in a new QB.

JasonP
    Participant

Sure do wish we played in the Coastal.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Many of those projections came with the stated caveat of health and intact rosters.

Rick
    Keymaster

Foos,
    I am not so sure it is that simple. We did lose our top two rbs but we were not the only team playing with lost players. For example, both vt and ul beat us without their starting qbs.
    Nonetheless, I thought it might lead to an interesting conversation. I thought some of the more optimistic would be asking more questions given the season did not go as they thought. I expected eight wins so I am meh.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Yeah…this’ll end well.

Wufpacker
    Participant

And yet, there are gems to be gleaned….

Expect?? I expect a swift kick in the nuts because social conditioning. Don’t even trip, dawg. Not a Biblical reference, but very close (Rick and Morty).

Delightful. 🙂
    And I’m not even the least bit schwifty at the moment.

TheCOWDOG

tjfoose1
    Participant

We beat Louisville with Shad and a healthy OL.

We were dominating VT before Jones got knocked out of the game. I immediately told the Hokie I went to Blacksburg with that w/o Jones, VT would be in the endzone within 5 plays.

If I’m remembering correctly, they did in 3 or 4. They attacked Pratt immediately after the injury. He’s beat on a pass play, he whiffs a tackle on a run play, then he’s beat for the TD.

The affect on the defense of losing Jones would’ve been similar to losing Jacoby on offense. Don’t care who VT had at QB.

That’s 2 more wins that’s put the Pack right on schedule.

But “what if’s” and “but’s” ain’t cutting it either way.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Dude, you were wrong. By 3 games. You even said 10 wins was the floor. Just let it go.

Wulfpack
    Participant

DD severely underperformed based on the majority of expectations.

On the whole, I think he missed it by a game, which isn’t really severe. To me, Va Tech is the one that got away. Louisville was certainly beatable, but their D line wrecked anything we tried to do. There wasn’t much we could do there that day offensively.

Our previous coaches could get the boys up to win a really big game as a dog, but we always suffered the WTF losses. There was little consistency.

Now, it seems we’re winning the ones we should, but no signature wins in three years now. And many of them have not been close.

So I really don’t know where that leaves us in a loaded division. FSU and Clemson aren’t going anywhere. It is definitely tough sledding. And next year we add Notre Dame to the schedule. It has all the makings of another tough season.

TheCOWDOG

tjfoose1
    Participant

Troll,

Get over your fixation with me. It’s not healthy. I didn’t sleep with your significant other, on the floor or anywhere else. You are confused. Let it go.

Basic math tip: 9 + 1 = 10

State has one game to play. Caveats aside, win it, and that’s off by 2.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

facts… is facts….
    as it turns out…

HEAVY LEFT (Shadrach and Rob Crisp) or the lack thereof….
    was worth about one TD on the board for us and one TD off the board for the opposition…
    in every game this season…

and you buys your ticket, you takes your chances, and you take the ride….
    so it is….
    and you don’t look back…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheCOWDOG

TheCOWDOG

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Different people progress through the grief process at different speeds. I’ve been at acceptance for a while now while it’s quite clear others are stuck in the denial phase.

Forgive me, foose, I didn’t realize we were the only team fielding a squad with injuries this year.

… and for my final thought of the evening: CD wins this thread.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Given that NC State is an engineering and technology school, I expect the State crowd to understanding at least the basic concepts and reasoning processes behind axioms, theorems, postulates, hypotheses, and the like

See what I did there?

Anywho, I therefore expect them to understand than when a given assumption is removed from a stated proposition, the reasoning dependent upon that assumption is no longer valid, as is the proposition itself.

Perhaps I expect too much from some.

tjfoose1
    Participant

CD wins this thread

Ah yes, Cowdogese… it can also take picture form, and like it’s written counterpart, it is often not understood.

Like any great artist, the messaging is often buried in interpretation.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

No I think I’ve got it loud and clear you expected for NC State to not have any injuries while at the same time to be a top 10 team

redisgood
    Participant

I was sure I posted my prediction in this thread, but I cannot find it. Anyway, I predicted we would go 7-5 with losses to Louisville, VT, FSU, Clemson, and UNC. So I was pretty close.

Rick
    Keymaster

Forgive me, foose, I didn’t realize we were the only team fielding a squad with injuries this year.

I figured that would be the response. I would expect football experts to understand injuries happen and to factor that into their predictions.

tjfoose1
    Participant

I am shocked, shocked to find that gambling is
    going on in here!

I thought it was Renault that said that.

Tau837
    Participant

I therefore expect them to understand than when a given assumption is removed from a stated proposition, the reasoning dependent upon that assumption is no longer valid, as is the proposition itself.

Or it may be that the given assumption was faulty, which invalidated the reason from the start.

Usually I find myself aligned with your perspective, but you are just being obstinate on this one.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.