Bye week NCAA football thread

Home Forums StateFans Football Bye week NCAA football thread

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    choppack1
    Participant

Do you have to put your hands outside the car when you are pulled?

Gowolvs – I don’t but I have no context…I don’t know if he led them on a chase, I don’t know if the car was reported stolen, I don’t know if the driver had an outstanding warrant or had a felony, i dont know if he was being pulled over for a seat belt violation.

I do know this,at 415am 4 Saturday mornings ago I was leaving Winston for a triathlon – I passed a gas station where a cop had pulled over a ford explorer with heavily tinted windows. A cop in that situation has no idea what is in that car and what awaits him. I am sure he just wants to get home to his family.

I understand that folks face real discrimination – but it needs to be a two way conversation – and part of that conversation is probably not what those with their fist in the air want to hear.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Interesting, I don’t remember saying cops were terrible people…

choppack1
    Participant

Back to football… interesting thread on an it’s about defensive havoc and how poorly our defense has faired giving up big plays and in generating turnovers – not sure why we kept Huxtable. Our d lacks speed in some areas. We also don’t seem to do much to confuse opposing qbs.

Against less talented offenses without much speed or creative coaching, we do fine because we have takent up front and you can’t just run it down our throats with our base d.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Maybe not, but it’s quite clear you put more stock in rioter’s claims than you do our boys in blue. With all due respect, that makes you a Grade A knucklehead.

Wufpacker
    Participant

LSU fires Les Miles, among others.
    But yet we’re gonna let this ship continue to take on water while more and more viable candidates have better and better options.
    *sigh*
    http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/report-lsu-fires-coach-les-miles-offensive-coordinator-cam-cameron/

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

We need to take a shot at Les! Don’t think he’d even acknowledge our farts but we’ve got to give it a whirl.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Maybe not, but it’s quite clear you put more stock in rioter’s claims than you do our boys in blue. With all due respect, that makes you a Grade A knucklehead.

Interesting, I don’t recall mentioning the rioters at all…..

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Fascinating. You just lay your precious self on the floor whenever the national anthem comes on, mmmkay?

Wufpacker
    Participant

Do we really have to choose between a small % (thank god) of asshole cops who can’t do their jobs without becoming oppressive (not saying all or even a majority of cops are that way, fwiw), over asshole rioters who can’t exercise their right to freedom of assembly without causing bodily harm or property damage? Sorry, I have no respect for either faction of those types. I’d like to dig a big hole and dump them all into it.

Sorry Police Officers, your job dictates that you be held to a higher standard of not being sh-theads. Otherwise it doesn’t work. Most of you understand this and do a wonderful job.

Sorry rioters, you’re the scum of society, just looking for a reason to tear sh-t up and maybe (probably) loot someone else’s property. I have no respect for any of you.

Really? C’mon guys. We’re adults here, neither of these things is acceptable. But people gon’ people.

choppack1
    Participant

Really? “Pigs in a blanket fry up like bacon!”

Or some backup qb the media has bent over backwards to defend wearing socks with pigs with a policeman’s hat.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Wuf, your right, the “bad” police officer is EXTREMELY RARE. Even if one believes (as absurd as I think it is) there are racist cops who intentionally decide during a traffic stop, “hey here’s a nice opportunity for me to shoot an unarmed black man”, those incidents of “bad shoots” or “racist as hell cops” incidents killing a black man in a given year can be counted on one hand.

There are MUCH larger issues in the black community than racist blood thirsty white cops, and it’s not even close.

choppack1
    Participant

Wufpacker – I agree with the gist of your statement. However, I include Kaepernick as one of the disrespectful ones…not because his sitting during the national anthem but because of his socks – which gave us a true view of his soul.

There have been legions of peaceful protesters who are there in the spirit of community and love.

My take on this is that a lot of the protests we see from young kids is done out of a lack of experience and perspective, but with an abundance of emotion and in many cases empathy and compassion.

Again, I think these conversations need to take place but they have to be open and done with the “everything we say in this room is forgiven so long as we say it and we are all willing to forgive.”

And I just don’t know about Les Miles…maybe he can take over our defenses, but his offenses have been atrocious since Jimbo left.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Even as a white male, I’ve experienced my share of police officers who were too heavy handed. Obviously, not racially motivated in my case. But they still overplayed their authority. I’m not about to put myself in the shoes of a minority, and how that feels. I have no reference, but I can understand.

Rioting, or anything of the like, is counterproductive of course.

These are not simple issues. Obviously. Usually the answer lies somewhere between the two extremes. But no one wants to compromise in these situations. It’s always got to be all or nothing.

And I’m done talking about this now. I should have known better than to chime in to begin with.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Usually the answer lies somewhere between the two extremes.

I know one of the extremes, the looting, rioting, and claims that police are blood thirsty racists. But can you elaborate on what is the other extreme you mention?

YogiNC
    Participant

As one who grew up in what would be considered the bad times of race relations I saw the worst from those in power in the south. For the most part very few instances of blacks doing bad things, and most of the bad came from whites. It was ugly.

The one bright side of this was Dr. King, and I’m sure were he alive today he would be calling out the Black Lives Matter movement as not only being un-American but racist within itself. He would also take exception to the race baiters within our country. Personally I’m tired of those who just bi-ch about things and have no constructive solutions. And burning neighborhoods, and rioting and destruction have no place today. And I lay 99% of these problems at the feet of a president who refuses to take ownership of a problem that he created.

In almost every case he has been on the wrong side from the get go and has not taken ownership of the negative effects of the stand he took. All by himself he has greatly contributed to the highly negative environment in our country today. Not one of his programs or things he tried to accomplish has had any positive effects for this country. And Obama Care will go down in history as the most deleterious programs our country has ever undertaken. Within two years it will be absolutely broke and no insurer will be participating.

Smarter than the average bear

pakfanistan
    Participant

And I lay 99% of these problems at the feet of a president who refuses to take ownership of a problem that he created.

Which problem did he create?

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

O say can you see, by the dawn’s early light,
    What so proudly we hail’d at the twilight’s last gleaming,
    Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight
    O’er the ramparts we watch’d were so gallantly streaming?
    And the rocket’s red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
    Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there,
    O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
    O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Sorry for that offensive post, pakfanistan. Hope you were reading from your safe space.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant
    pakfanistan
    Participant

Sorry for that offensive post, pakfanistan. Hope you were reading from your safe space.

I’m picturing a homeless man yelling at a tree right now.

You keep using my username, but responding to something that lives entirely in your own head.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I’m picturing a homeless man yelling at a tree right now.

You keep using my username, but responding to something that lives entirely in your own head.

Oh, please don’t worry your delicate self with me. Instead fade into your safe space and cast blame for any and all problems at the foot of police officers, republicans, and white privilege. But if you happen to be white, just take a few hours to hate yourself, and then you’ll reach enlightenment, but beware you’ll hate yourself for being able to achieve it.

YogiNC
    Participant

In the majority of the cases the police were justified in their actions. Michael Brown comes readily to mind. He was a thug. And Obama chose to make him a martyr with absolutely NO EVIDENCE that he was anything other than a thug who would have killed others had he not been stopped by deadly force. And he was just one of many. And yet Obama did not call out the rioting and destruction as stupidity among those who were doing it. No, his narrative with no proof was that the shooting was wrong. Even when it was proven he was wrong he didn’t admit it, and when others after that time have been proven wrong he has ALWAYS been on the wrong side.

Smarter than the average bear

pakfanistan
    Participant

Oh, please don’t worry your delicate self with me. Instead fade into your safe space and cast blame for any and all problems at the foot of police officers, republicans, and white privilege. But if you happen to be white, just take a few hours to hate yourself, and then you’ll reach enlightenment, but beware you’ll hate yourself for being able to achieve it.

I’m worried about you in a human sense, in that I wish you no harm and a content life. In a personal sense I find your histrionics hilarious.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I’m worried about you in a human sense, in that I wish you no harm and a content life. In a personal sense I find your histrionics hilarious.

You know what they say about worrying… DON’T.

pakfanistan
    Participant

You know what they say about worrying… DON’T.

I mean, don’t get me wrong, I don’t care enough to actually DO anything about it.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 96 total)
  • The topic ‘Bye week NCAA football thread’ is closed to new replies.