BC @ NC State open entry – updates from Raleigh

Home Forums All StateFansNation BC @ NC State open entry – updates from Raleigh

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 272 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

0-11.

That’s a fact, Jack.

redcanine
    Participant

I watched waaay too much of this f°*<ing game.

eas
    Participant

0-11 is hard to swallow. Again, 0-16 would be misery…wait 0-11 feels like misery already.

gopack 17
    Participant

The Defense is just flat out PUTRID…..nothing to debate on that end. A lot of
    chatter about DD being over his head and beginning to think there is some substance to that issue. He may have to make some wholesale changes or he may loose the Pack Natioan all together. I know we are rebuilding but this is somewhat pathetic. Have the talent on the field just can’t execute.

redcanine
    Participant

Our next dose of Pack football will be Mark Thomas bobble-heading the Louisville preview. Can’t Wait!!

Gowolves
    Participant

GP17, there is no talent on the defense side of the ball I don’t care what anyone says. At least he can recruit in the manner of, “Come here and you will play immediately”.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

We got out-coached..They figured out how to stop our offense long before we began to figure out how to stop their’s, and then the turnovers started. Brissett’s worst game.

Observations: Defensively, we don’t swarm to the ball. We lolly-gag and hope that someone else makes the tackle. We are not very good at tackling (save the TT hit). We have good athletes in the secondary, but we don’t have a leader. No Eric Weddle to hold it together, and keep it tight back there. Manny Fernandez has potential, but he is still learning. He hasn’t tasted blood, yet. He will. I can’t wait. Outside of a learning-on-the-job Manny,linebacker is our Achilles heal. I had a feeling that the helmets would help, not.

Wulfpack
    Participant

The Defense is just flat out PUTRID…..nothing to debate on that end. A lot of
    chatter about DD being over his head and beginning to think there is some substance to that issue.

0-11.

Gowolves
    Participant

This was supposed to be the game where we could tell what this team is made of. I have to say it was not surprising. Disappointing but not surprising. This team has no heart on defense. I don’t think I have seen more arm tackling and players completly in the wrong place. Add to the fact there is no talent whatsoever. This will be a long season and DD will have to change coordinators in the offseason. This may sound crazy but bring Amato back as DC. As long he understands the chain of command and accepts it. I thought we had one more win but after seeing other teams play today we will be lucky to win one more! I am dead f*cking serious!

pakfanistan
    Participant

Can anybody remember what Doeren’s record in conference is? I can’t remember, and I’m too lazy to look it up. It can’t be good.

Pack1998
    Participant

OUT COACHED! 2 weeks in a row.

Dear Dave Doeren – RETHINK EVERYTHING . . . And look to Dabo for a template – fire all your coordinators!

Working hard for one week to game plan doesn’t do it – you have to work hard every week!!!

Virginia Wolf
    Participant

Well folks, it’s looking like a 4 win and 8 losses year!!! I was afraid of this. I don’t think we can even beat Wake Forest now. Joining others in saying, “Wait until next year!”

john of sparta
    Participant

bottom line: it’s not a DD thing, it’s a DY thing.

Pack1998
    Participant

No- wrong – not DY

pakfanistan
    Participant

bottom line: it’s not a DD thing, it’s a DY thing.

This thing goes all the way to the top.

It’s the illuminati.

Pack1998
    Participant

Whatever – 2 bad game plans and prep is a DY thing?

I will have another on you.

Lots of games left – just need to see a plan, and multiple contingencies in reaction – 2nd week in a row it hasn’t happened.

Avid109
    Participant

This game illustrates that Huxtable needs to go. We’re seeing Archer Part II.

A bigger question mark is with the offense. After starting out aggressive, they slowed down and looked very tentative. Once they’re behind by a couple of scores, they seem to come unglued.

Even if the team is loaded up with younger players, by this point in the season they ought to know what they’re doing.

rthomas44
    Participant

I was ok until I saw the QB throw the ball backwards!! I am now very glad I didn’t buy tickets this year.

PackofMac
    Participant

Same old crap, same old fu*king crap. we are absolutely horrible yet again. Can’t wait for basketball to be comparatively disappointed. the only thing that could make this right is for Dave and Debbie to stare at a half empty carter finley for the rest of the year.

Pack1998
    Participant

I am disappointed per my comments.

Struggle as I think DD is very, very good – but realize in a full week his energy is limited . . . He HAS to have better lieutenants.

Overall by year 3 or 4 of course they win with good talent – but game planning overall is poor and won’t improve.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Some views from the cheap LTR’s in the upper deck….

This game and the handling of the “Dangerous Lightning” was just the beginning of a total fiasco….

We left and decided to wait out the weather in the PNC. I was at CF when the Tornadoes came to town and drove through some wicked weather and took shelter at my daughters rather than going home….which would have put me in the path of the tornadoes…..so I am a bit more cautious and less macho this time….especially with my GS with me.

Even saw Greg Fischel run in and take shelter….

SO, the PNC folks said…..Game is going to start….this was about 6:05 and the Radio or maybe here had said that the Lightning delay would be over at 6:10. So me and a couple of thousand folks started walking back over. All the Raleigh PD in their green slickers were standing there. Then one of them gets on the BUll Horn and tells us….we are going to “sweep” the CF entrance and that if we do NOT disperse, we will be “arrested”. SO, they start walking….only thing missing was their batons and shields. THEN we, like sheep, walk back to the PNC. This time, the RPD is there. We can NOT mill around outside. TOO dangerous. Again the leader has a bull horn and we are herded back inside. Was in the VIP entrance and the guy said….JumboTron has ESPN and the PA as Radio….so we went in….we had barely made it to an open road of seats when the “Supervisor” on a Bull Horn says…..GAME STARTING….Please leave.

I have the greatest respect for LEO….but these folks were about as disorganized as our defense. God save us if there had been an Ebola outbreak and they were trying to quarantine us.

OK….back in CF, we found that two of our party had “squatter’s” rights to the front row of the 45. So, we went down there and stood and yelled. We could also reach over and literally touch the players. I NOW have a different perspective on Coach D and Brissett.

Coach D is enthusiastic when a player makes a GOOD play and equally irritated when he messes up….and heaps praise as well as criticism on players as they come off the field.

We watched the game from mid 3rd Quarter until the ugly end. The attitude, as the clock ticked, deteriorated. There was little enthusiasm for the defense. It was obvious in the body language. Read the comments on the N&O….they mirror what I witnessed.

BUT, what I also saw was Jacoby up front and personal. He mainly sat by himself and some players would try to “get him to perk up”. He was intense….and you could see the pain in his face. During the last 5 minutes….when BC last scored, he got up off the bench and was almost in tears. One of our party said that it looked like someone just killed his pet cat. (I like cats….but not inside) He really did wear his emotions on his sleeve. He was trying to do his best Philip and Russell imitation….but his supporting cast did NOT help. It was obvious, when you are at eye level with the field that our OL was totally outmatched and that Jacoby was fighting for his life. He may have made some mental (and physical) mistakes….but make no bones about it….he was hurting….

So, I was disappointed, as we all are. We played well for about 1 – 2 quarters….it almost seemed like the high humidity was in our favor as the Yank’s from Bean Town did NOT like CF’s Heat. Then the rain came and it seemed to melt us….

Wulfpack
    Participant

BC had to deal with the delay and rain, too. This, a team who’s very own coach suggested they were weak on the road. I mean, at some point, you have to win one. The excuses are growing old, guys. Just win a freaking conference game.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Defense is absolutely pathetic! What looked to be a shootout changed when their defense made adjustments, and our defense kept playing the same sorry crap, and we got ran over. One would think this far into the season the defense would have learned something, but no change. Huxtable needs to go as the DC. The defense is a joke! Another long season, and possibly another perfect conference record.

tangogr33n
    Participant

Like the Clempsun game, JB was on the run almost every play. The line either folds or is penetrated constantly forcing him to move and try to make plays on the run. I’m afraid he is losing his faith in the line as sometimes he even leaves the pocket prematurely and runs into pressure.

choppack1
    Participant

Listened to post game PC, don’t like him throwing players under bus which is what I heard. “Just not enough talent.” I am not saying that is not true, but geez.

Oh well. You never want to tell someone “trust me. I know what I am doing.” That’s where dd is. However, I am pulling for him and I hope recruiting keeps on going well.

Thank heavens for that icky woods commercial.

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 272 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.