Basketball Weekly Roundup

Home Forums All StateFansNation Basketball Weekly Roundup

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Heelh8r
    Participant

Well, Lacey made his decision assuming Henderson would be playing. He was on the team and they had practiced together for a year. I don’t think anyone expected Henderson to get hurt and miss the whole year.

Rick
    Keymaster

Well, Lacey made his decision assuming Henderson would be playing. He was on the team and they had practiced together for a year. I don’t think anyone expected Henderson to get hurt and miss the whole year.

I cannot imagine whether Henderson was there played into his decision.

MP
    Participant

Technically, the statement “Nor does Cat become the player he is with Lacey here” is true. Cat would simply be capable of having a dozen 25+ point games, instead of required to…

44rules
    Participant

I think wanting Lacey to come back for the betterment of our team is extremely selfish. I was never under the impression, from things I read on the boards, that he thought he was going to be an NBA draft pick. He just realized he was going to be old for a fifth-year senior, was poor and needed money. Can’t fault him for that, or for the fact that our team sucks this year.

You go to college to figure out what you want to do in life and then do it. Ripping on a kid pursuing that does not make us look good.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

MP
    Participant

^ As to that topic – I agree.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

have you forgotten where we were last year? On the edge of competing for an ACC and a national championship, and we would have only been better this year.

10-8 in conference and tied for 6th place along with a loss on Thursday in the ACCT is not on the “edge” of anything significant. The Sweet 16 was a pleasant surprise, nothing more.

redisgood
    Participant

It’s only speculation now, but it would have been interesting to see the impact Trevor coming back would have had on Cat. He would still be the PG, but Lacey would have the ball in his hands a lot. Cat would probably also be playing about 5 less minutes a game. I think his points would be down to about 15 or 16, but his assists would be up thanks to feeding Lacey. Overall he wouldn’t be getting the publicity and accolades he is today, but the team would be better.

Bottom line, we would not have Rowan for sure, Trevor wouldn’t be any more draftable, and Cat would likely be a lower draft choice, or none at all. Finally, it might have caused Cat to come back for his senior year, and potentially Dennis Smith to go elsewhere.

Okay, one more bold statement. If you gave Mav’s minutes to Trevor, every game we lost by 8 points or less we would have won.

Alright, all that speculating just gave me a headache. Back to reality.

TheCOWDOG

The Butterfly Effect is real.

Lacey stays, and Henderson doesn’t get hurt because he cannot possibly be in the same spot, at the same time…instant depth.

Somewhere this 2016 State team is kicking ass, and Gottfried is looking pretty good.

choppack1
    Participant

While we’re playing these games…what if Josh Powell would have returned for his junior year? What id Scooter Sherril doesn’t sprain an ankle?

Injuries happen, as do early departures. In his second season, Gottfried returned 4 starters (and brought in 3 MCD AA’s) from a sweet 16 team…that went to the acc semi-finals and was in within a c-hair of beating unc-ch. The next year he want 11-7 in conference and didn’t win the ACC and lost in the first round.

Gott will have his chance next year to show that he can lead a talented team to a seed better than an 8 seed in Raleigh.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Grayson Allen, the punchable one, intentionally trips another opponent. Man I really can’t stand that kid.

Allen trips again

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.