Baseball Regular Season Finale – Heels Come to Town

Home Forums All StateFansNation Baseball Regular Season Finale – Heels Come to Town

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Time’s running out for Wolfpack Baseball (32-17, 13-12 ACC) to distinguish themselves as one of the top 8 teams in the nation as the Pack took it on t
    [See the full post at: Baseball Regular Season Finale – Heels Come to Town]

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Thanks for that Canes highlight. I needed that after last weekend.

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ Yeah…I needed a pick me up as well.

TheCOWDOG

From my perspective, this is “show me time.” Clear the hurdles cleanly, and make me a believer that they have a shot to…well…clear the next hurdle.

GO EDWIN, GO EDWIN!

Pack78
    Participant

Time to get the Hole hate crankin’…went to the Coaches Caravan last night in Winston and had an interesting chat with a ’56 IE grad; his daughter went to the dump on the hump and earned a degree in Medical Technology. After a time she decided to go to a real University and got into State to pursue an IE major like her dad. We laughed when he told us that State accepted only 34 of her unx credit hours-we agreed that was still too many!

mak4dpak
    Participant

Here is hoping the heels have their snake bitten weekend, and our bats wake up. Can’t lose a home series vs. the holes. A sweep would be a good boost going into the acc tourney.

MP
    Participant

There was a question on another thread regarding how national seeds are determined and how RPI is used for same. Essentially, just like basketball tourney seeding, RPI is only one metric used. To be honest, I don’t know specifically what they weight more or less. They look at RPI as a guide, but it is definitely not the end all…

Shhhhhhhhh. Don’t tell VaWolf.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I wish we had the luxury of doing something fun, like taking the field with 20 players and insisting it was only 9, etc.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Has the snake been ritually sacrificed or anything like that to make sure its effects don’t carry over? Perhaps bury it under the visitor dugout or something?

Wufpacker
    Participant

Pack’s RPI up to #5 now, vs the #2 SOS.
    Read this to learn why it is likely a moot point if we don’t win the Carolina series.
    http://www.d1baseball.com/analysis/regional-analysis-inside-numbers/

Gowolves
    Participant

Not a good start. Wilder is all over the place.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Yep. But he did end up getting two more outs than I thought he was gonna there for minute.

Gowolves
    Participant

Wow, that was fast. Wilder is not a starter. He needs to be moved to a long reliever. Nerves get the best of him.

Gowolves
    Participant

I hope Avent is smart enough to expect something like this would likely occur.

Wufpacker
    Participant

‘Dog’s boy puts out the fire.
    Well done Mr. Williams.

Gowolves
    Participant

Got out of that jam. I have a feeling that runs will be at a premium again.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Wilder is not a starter. He needs to be moved to a long reliever. Nerves get the best of him.

I don’t necessarily disagree. Wilder is one of those guys (and it seems like we’ve had a lot of them lately) who is untouchable when he has his command, but it’s often a crapshoot as to whether he will or not. He reminds me of Ubaldo Jimenez of Orioles’ infamy.

I’d like to see him in mid relief or even as a situational guy to try to build his confidence.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Living dangerously so far.
    Better figure it out soon.

TheCOWDOG

Orwig flirts, but guts it out.

Love a drag bunt, move him around now.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Not even….

Wufpacker
    Participant

CLOSE!!!!!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Sorry…I’m really sad that I didn’t make it to the yard tonight.

TheCOWDOG

Back to back steal attempts? Bad form.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Whoa….I think we mighta got screwed on both ends there.

Wufpacker
    Participant

OK…how ’bout we don’t let the leadoff batter get aboard this inning? And also please try to avoid allowing them to load the bases on a load of rubbish.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.