ACC Tourney: Duke preview

Home Forums All StateFansNation ACC Tourney: Duke preview

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 174 total)
  • Author
    MrPlywood
    Participant

Is it me or was Cat’s pass right in BJ’s hands? He attacked Doris, he attacked.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

What a poor effort on the last chance..c’est dommage

Wufpacker
    Participant

Shitteh execution on the last play. Inexplicable considering.
    But proud of the fight today.
    *sigh*

MrPlywood
    Participant

It ain’t over!

BJD95
    Keymaster

Watch KH hit a three here…0.1 after the buzzer

maverick_ncsu
    Participant

So Duke knew what play we were going to run there at the end and switch so Mav couldn’t get it? Either way, great effort!

Packzingo
    Participant

Someone take Anya to the frigging salad bar

Packzingo
    Participant

Honestly. Played above our head today.

MrPlywood
    Participant

So close, yet so far. I’ll miss ya Cat, it’s been a pleasure.

Packzingo
    Participant

Great effort, proud to be a Pack fan regardless!

Fastback68
    Participant

Mismanaged the end of both halves. Good luck Cat. Bank that first round 1mm.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Jus’ shut ‘er down now..no post season junk….none..

choppack1
    Participant

Sometimes it’s better to miss the game all together. You are still anxious, but at least you aren’t angry.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Indeed Chop..sometimes it is just easier to turn on the TV hours later and see the score on the ESPN bottom line and either be totally elated or just take the pain…like Garner..tag him and bag him…

triadwolf
    Participant

That was some of best basketball I’ve seen yet – right up to point where you got killed. You never, ever…

44rules
    Participant

Really sad but proud of the fight. Played way over our heads today on offense. I’m so tired of losing.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

choppack1
    Participant

Yea – I think our guys finally learned what worked in the second half of the season.

#1 thing to worry about until deadline passes from an NC state basketball standpoint: Malik Abu

BJD95
    Keymaster

^ YUP

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Let’s just hope that Abu, Rowan and the other key elements to next year’s team decide to stay and play in a Pack uniform next year.

That and Dennis Smith Jr.’s knee is 100% healed come October. Actually, the knee will heal up fine as long as he’s doing his rehab, it’s learning to trust it again that can take a little longer.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I’m glad I watched, despite the outcome. They hung tough and didn’t fade when Dook went out to the 9 point lead. A little better execution at the end and who knows. And for once I have nothing to say about the refs in a Dook game. I only saw the second half, but I think the officiating was pretty fair overall.

Adventuroo
    Participant

To say that we played above what everyone thought was our potential is the understatement of the year.

That was a heck of a ball game. Not quite as exciting as the 1974 ACC Final against Lefty and the boys, but close.

We missed a few critical shots. Duke got to the line MORE and made MORE….which is NOT uncommon when Mikey is scowling and barking at the Refs.

All it all, though, it seemed to be pretty evenly called.

The diversity in our scoring shows what potential that we had…..IF we had ever been able to get all the cylinders firing for the entire race.

What a way to go out…..

Good Luck CAT…I HOPE to see you in Red and White this fall, but I ain’t going to bet the farm on it. Just make SURE that you make a good decision. Maybe Trevor can call you and tell you WHERE he went wrong.

Coach Rat really looked relieved…as did the entire Blue Devil bench.

GO PACK….there WILL BE a next year…

mak4dpak
    Participant

Send Anya to an NBA camp to learn how to play, with his size he should be a dominant force inside, instead of so clumsy. One can only wonder what would have happened had Barber drove in and passed to Abu. I say we would have scored, and tied the game. Instead we put our trust in the unreliable play of Anya. Bad move.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I’m just glad my last impression of the team was the effort we gave in the loss today, rather than what we gave in the win yesterday.

MrPlywood
    Participant

One can only wonder what would have happened had Barber drove in and passed to Abu.

I was wondering what Doris was looking at. State should have scored there, BJ just fumbled the ball, yes? I was watching on a small browser screen so it was a bit hard to tell, but it looked like the pass hit BJ right in the hands.

Along with a big man camp, maybe work on some Steph Curry style handling drills to improve that handle.

On the plus side I did see a number of well executed inbounds plays for scores. That was nice.

choppack1
    Participant

Mak – good gracious.

We were incredibly lucky last year when Anya’s basket won the game vs. LSU last year.

I guarantee you he wanted to score and probably even works at it. Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on how you look at it) – our Creator is a pretty fair one. Anya has great size, long arms, and a sturdy body. He’s got decent timing and has given no indication he’s a bad kid.

Look at it this way, if offense came easy to Anya, he probably doesn’t play here and who knows how awful our defense is. Again, the bigger issue is with the guy who is paid the big bucks on this case.

Team showed a lot of heart this game and really the entire season. The staff deserves credit for that effort and gameplanning that kept us this and lots of other games.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 174 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.