ACC officials embarrass league, spark (Jamie) ‘Luckie’ comeback

Home Forums All StateFansNation ACC officials embarrass league, spark (Jamie) ‘Luckie’ comeback

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 160 total)
  • Author
    turfpack
    Participant

As I have stated before the good-ol-boy, we’ll get them next time,what- ya’ll need a few more drinks,are you’re seats good,thangs well come around Sid needs alittle more time,if we upgrade these furcilites I think we’ll start winnin= Bullshit foulup feeds the Admin.and the money bags-I know because one of them is a friend of mine and he still believes that shit now(As of today-but was pissed we lost because he called me at home.)Don’t get me wrong I Like Sid wish he would succeed but don’t know if we can stand his long learning curve.
    Sid will be different than Chuck (he burn some brigdes early over Lee head)and still think he gets 5-6yrs to get his guys in to run his program.
    I just hope Lee doesn’t run off TOB -hope he just stays out of TOB way.

rdjennin
    Participant

Hey guys, I really think we should start making a list of possible head coaches to fill the position after lowe goes in a couple of years,

I’ll start off with the names Rick Barnes (Texas), Sean Miller (Xavier), John Beilein (Michigan), Donovan (Florida)

feel free to add to the list

blpack
    Participant

We lost the game. We had it and let it get away. That said, the officials were awful. No excuse for their incompetence. We will have to learn to win 8 on 5 like the 80s. We got pretty good at that, but that was a different time.

Noah
    Participant

Firing Lowe WILL NOT fix our problem, period. It will throw us into another coach with young players, commitments gone, and behind on the recruiting trail for a year or two. I’d love to know which coach that we would want, wants this job now. Rick Barnes? Hahahaahahaha.

Awwww…poor you. Such a little victim. It’s so sad that there’s no CAUSE to this effect. The program’s sick. Yes, THAT must be it.

Firing a shitty coach won’t fix the problem of having a shitty coach? WHAT?

As to “what coach would want this job? Poor us!!!” — how about…all of them. Well, almost. Roy Williams isn’t coming here. Neither are about 10 others. The rest of them would.

The ACC represents the absolute highest point in college basketball. NC State is about…what…fourth or fifth on the totem pole in the ACC? We have 10 league titles, two national titles, a 20,000 seat arena, 30,000 students, no real academic restrictions, we’re a state school (lower tuition), and we play in a talent rich state.

We are INCREDIBLY well-prepared for a good hire. If you get a call from NC State, it’s like being a doctor and getting a call from Sloan-Kettering or Johns Hopkins. The fact that it ISNT the Mayo Clinic doesn’t mean that you don’t call them. Unless you already work at the Mayo Clinic.

The financial package that we put in front of our next head coach should represent a 300 to 500 percent raise. If you CANT make that hire, you shouldn’t be allowed to dress yourself and leave the house in the morning.

packalum44
    Participant

For those who are judging Lowe’s coaching from a game by game perspective, I think you guys are missing the big picture. More important is how the coach develops players. None of these players seems to get any better. They have no confidence. They under-perform. Their talents are not maximized. The substitution patterns are bizarre. We expect and accept losing.

I generally make a point to not take stabs at a person’s intelligence, but if you guys pay attention to Lowe’s interviews, it jumps out at you that this guy is not very articulate and offers little insight. His grammar is poor relative to other people who make 7 digits. His thoughts seem to be scattered at times and he contradicts himself. Plain and simple, he’s not very smart. He’s in over his head. He just doesn’t get it. I blame Lee for making this hire. If I interview Sid Lowe, I notice these tendencies within 5 minutes and kindly thank him for his time.

wufdog

Well if i was hiring Lowe as an english teacher or speech writer I might come to the same conclusion. I happen to think Lowe articulates himself rather well for a coach. I think the team has develpoed and improved. It may not be as fast as some would hope but I have seen improvement in Fell’s game and a big improvement on the part of Mccauley and Costner from last year.

Wulfpack
    Participant

“For those who are judging Lowe’s coaching from a game by game perspective, I think you guys are missing the big picture.”

Here’s the “big picture”. 79-228 NBA record. 11-29 ACC record.

Need I say more? This is getting ugly, folks. This program is on life support.

“As to “what coach would want this job? Poor us!!!” — how about…all of them. Well, almost. Roy Williams isn’t coming here. Neither are about 10 others. The rest of them would.

The ACC represents the absolute highest point in college basketball. NC State is about…what…fourth or fifth on the totem pole in the ACC? We have 10 league titles, two national titles, a 20,000 seat arena, 30,000 students, no real academic restrictions, we’re a state school (lower tuition), and we play in a talent rich state.”

I thought we debunked that theory the last time around? Nobody was lined up to come here, as sad as that is to admit.

Can we afford a 300-500% raise in these economic times? If so, why the hell didn’t we do that after Sendek split?

choppack1
    Participant

Brutal game to lose today. I don’t know where the blame lies for what we saw on the court, but like others, I think it’s pretty obvious Fowler’s pathetic coaching search started this mess.

The fact that Fowler was allowed to keep his job after last year’s results are pretty telling – and scary. I really have no idea what it will take.

wufdog

I was bored enough to watch the Duke/Miami game and it was the same story with the refs, with reviews, clock issues and intentional fouls if my memory serve me correctly. Has anyone noticed the clock problems that always occur at Cameron. I heard the t.v. announcer say something to the effect of “the home clock operater has been repremanded”. I always assumed the clock was ran by an offical not a “house” guy.

com state10

I DON’T UNDERSTAND people that continually say they do not watch the game. Why you would skip all the games on purpose, but then come on this site after losses to trash the team and the coaching staff makes no sense to me. I understand when things come up or maybe you watch the games when you can. But to purposely miss every game and not blink an eye, only to complain about everything afterward, is crazy.

It was as painful as a loss as any to watch this season, or any season for that matter, but I will be back in front of the TV next time I am able too watchin’ this team fight through it.

We’ll need a whole lot more fans when we start making playoff games and winning championships with these two coaches, so why don’t some of you just wait and meet us there. GO PACK.

packalum44
    Participant

Noah,

You are dead on. I get sick of people who buy into this negative perception of NC State. Many times, its our own alumni! Can we steal coaches like Barnes or Meyer from better schools??? Hell no! And we shouldn’t expect to although a charismatic AD would still have a shot! But we should have landed Calipari and our plan B should have included coaches from both smaller conferences and other BCS schools that are lower on the totem pole. Just like recruiters have to be able to spot talent, management must be able to do the same. We failed because our leaders are piss poor managers and couldn’t spot talent if it hit them in the chin.

Teams I wouldn’t expect to hire away a coach from:
    Duke, UNC, Syracuse, UConn, Louisville, FL, Texas, Kentucky, UCLA, Kansas, Ohio State, Michigan State, Arizona…maybe a few more…that only leaves us with several hundred to choose from. Poor us is right.

wufdog

woah what was that. I went in to edit and anyway my point was that the Duke Miami game was the same as far as reviews and questionable officiating went. Has anyone else noticed that there are clock issues every game at CAmeron. Many occur late in teh game at critcal moments and often momentum changes at these points.

packalum44, you must not listen to Mike Krzyzewski very often. He is one of the absolute worst interviews you will ever hear. His Duke Basketball Reports on 620 AM every afternoon and postgame interviews are BRUTAL. He offers absolutely no insight whatsoever, rarely completes sentences, and his thoughts are all over the place. Far, far worse than anything I’ve heard come out of Sidney Lowe’s mouth. So with all due respect, I think you’re really reaching here.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I remember Les getting lots of compliments from opponents as well.

For those arguing that the lack of mental toughness is the players’ fault – who do you see leading us to greatness (or even decentness) next year? Or are we just “wishing” for good things again, with no real foundation?

As the saying goes, wish in one hand and shit in the other. See which gets full first.

Wulfpack
    Participant

“We’ll need a whole lot more fans when we start making playoff games and winning championships with these two coaches, so why don’t some of you just wait and meet us there.”

Yea, maybe if we win a few more, we can contend for a Wild Card spot in the NFC…(sorry, I know I’m being an ass, but I’m in a really bad mood after watching that garbage today).

I think we ought to poll every mid-major coach in the land, and ask them if they’d be up for the job at NC State. I’d guess the overwhelming response would be “When do I start?”

This stuff about coaches not being interested in this job is, in a word, total horseshit. They are interested in this job just as they would be interested in a job at BC, or Miami, or Wake, or Clemson, or Virginia Tech, or Maryland, or Georgia Tech, or Virginia, or Florida State (you get the point).

This is the ACC, folks, and this job pays some damn good money. And right now we’re getting robbed.

Pack Leader
    Participant

OK so to calme down after the game I went to dinner with my Aunt and Uncle (who is a long time memeber on the board of governors) and he is not a nc state alum nor is he a fan. I believe his exact quote was “is is sad that i knew lowe wouldnt be the right fit when we approved the salary.” My respose was why dont yall start calculating a new salary and look around and his reply was ,” its not my job why in the hell would we help or tell the states largest university how to run?? they could pay a basketball coach as much or more than any coach in the country but they need to be careful because state is on a slippery sloap to falling into the abyss of teams that young players are just accustom to seeing lose.”

I guess i could say sid didnt lose the 18 point lead….
    but he did lose the 5 point lead with 2 mins left and mis managed just about every possision in the last 4 mins and OT. I would feel better if sid pointed out mistakes by players AND coaches…. ACCOUNTABILITY.

After the game I stated all the reasons I say lowe lost the game but the two things that piss me off the most is Thomas and Smith. How in the hell can you build players and gain confidence when you go on 99.9 and say things like AND I QUOTE, “playing time is based on performances in games and in practice.” ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!
    so after a career high in points last game Thomas doesnt even get the warmups off?!?!??!! and with an OBVIOUS mismatch with smith down low he doesnt play hardly at all in the end( if his knee was that bad he wouldnt play at all we know sid wouldnt risk it). he didnt appear to limp to me…….
    as i stated earlier my father told me,

God help us all NC STATE has become the laughing stock of the country

wolfonthehill
    Participant

Damon Thornton @ Umd. v2009.

Worst officiating I’ve seen in years… and directly responsible for the outcome of today’s game.

Sure, the kids (and coaches) could’ve overcome it… but they shouldn’t have had to… Va Tech was given double-digit points on absurdly bad calls (or no-calls)… the Pack was simply a victim of incredibly incompetent and/or biased officiating today.

One or more officials should lose their jobs. They won’t, but they should. My 7-year-old twin boys could do a better job.

BSIE80

Sorry, Sid is our guy. If you don’t like it too bad. Glad it is a 6 year contract instead of a 5 yr. contract.

As far as Sid’s intelligence:
    I had one class with him and Derek W., they were freshman and I was a senior, some free elective class. I had an opportunity to interact with each of them.
    It was very obvious who had more intelligence between the 2 and it wasn’t DW.
    When Lee selected Sid, I was very happy it wasn’t Derek, although Derek had the coaching experience….

TheCOWDOG

#1. To the post about shoulda’ been able to hire Cal.

Oblinger was on that famous flight too. Calipari doesn’t have the cojones to coach in the ACC. JC almighty wouldn’t have budged him. What chumps.

#2. Noah has no more of a clue as to who would be a good fit coaching this Univ. as I do, who would take it, or if it needs a new one for that matter.

#3. If we coach search again, there are plenty to be found inside this blog.

#4. Lucy set us up again, but we knew it.

#5. Refs influenced this game in the same way that they did in the Superbowl. Not good, but not responsible for the outcome.

#6. I don’t hate this team like some have vitriously spewed.

#7. I don’t like em’. And to be honest, don’t think Lowe does either.

#8. TO ratio 22-14. FT % 71-80

#9. I haven’t exposed the E-mails of the unamed yet, my bad.

#10. The next time someone comes in here espousing things like ” As a coach, I know…” and ” YOU DON’T KNOW LEE FOWLER LIKE I KNOW…”
    better have some street cred to expound a bit.

#11. Numeration is not my thing.

rbwolf

All I know is that this is the last game I watch this year. Hell my blood pressure can’t take it anymore. Two years of no effort is not worth watching anymore. Someone call me when we win 5 ACC games.

Wulfpack
    Participant

^I agree, sitting Thomas all day and Smith in the 2nd half was mind boggling. An Fergie was a starter just weeks ago and now he doesn’t even see the floor. And Mays plays his ass off against Miami and hits the game winning shot and then he barely sees the floor today because Javi has all of his minutes. And on and on and on.

Lowe’s substitution patterns, or lack thereof, are about as predictable as the stock market right now. I said it after the NC Central game that it appeared we were back to square 1 with lineups as if it were the first game of the season. 20 games later, he still doesn’t have a clue. That’s very telling.

In no way, shape, or form is this program a performanced based entity, and that goes for the university administration as well. We’re pretty well screwed any way you cut it.

Pack Leader
    Participant

Folks as negative as i can be, sadly enough, I will be at the Wake game wed……. hooked like a crack head…… thats because once a wolfpacker……. ALWAYS a wolfpacker

Forget the ref’s – this one is on us. In addition to some of the team/coaching mistakes listed I would have changed the following; Mays would have run “our stuff” the last 17 seconds of regulation instead of Javi- Mays is only guy that wants/should have the ball in clutch situations; last play would have been set up for a 10-12 foot jump shot. How many games have you ever seen decided by free throws after time has expired? The refs always swallow the whistle and Ben missed a close in with no foul called about a minute earlier I think. Horner and Fells had several turnovers in the last five minutes but remained in the game- should have had better ball handlers/pressure guys in; (didn’t Fells turn the ball over immediately prior to racing down court to attempt the block which led to the intentional? ref’s always call that just based on appearances figuring the player’s emotions are out of control; our bench coaches offer nothing that I can see in either ideas or emotion during the game- a time out is an opportunity to check the scoreboard and to stretch their legs and to talk among themselves. This one was our version of “Ground Hog Day”. Proud of the game plan and effort- just the in game adjustments and on court basketball smarts. This loss will be hard for the team to recover from; I sure hope they do.

BSIE80

Sub. pattern was questionable, I agree to that.
    Degand must be injured, not sure about Thomas, Fergie.

I think Tracy got caught in a couple of double teams and didn’t handle it. There must have been some issues on defense as well.
    Horner actually plays smart, even though he is small, he blocks out, gives us some outside shooting ability for a big. So I think Sid went with him exclusively, especially after Costner fouled out.

CJ should have been playing all along. He is one of our most athletic guys, so I don’t know what’s going on with that.
    You have to say that Javi did play ok. He still makes some bonehead plays, but hell so does Fells/Costner. Costner had like 5 turnovers himself.

Anyway, everything worked until we blew it at the end. So whatever, Sid was doing was working. We just did not finish it off. Horner FT’s, Fells not stepping up and taking the ball to the hole, Ben getting mugged- pick your poison. Sid can’t execute this for these guys, they have to get it done and they didn’t. Typical NCSU history.

I think we would be better off getting blown out by 30 the whole game, then we could just say we suck vs. we can’t execute/coach/etc…

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 160 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.