ACC officials embarrass league, spark (Jamie) ‘Luckie’ comeback

Home Forums All StateFansNation ACC officials embarrass league, spark (Jamie) ‘Luckie’ comeback

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 160 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

UNC didn’t take too long canning Matt Doherty even after he won 6 ACC games in his final year. Maybe we ought to take a page out of their book.

On second thought, nah, we wouldn’t want to strive for excellence. I mean, who does that around these parts?

Packster
    Participant

I have to admit that it really can’t get a whole lot worse than it is right now.

john of sparta
    Participant

since y’all started it:
    yes, i watched the game, but before the game….
    my two “bitches” and i took a 6 mile walk where
    the power company had just bush-hogged the
    right-of-way for their power lines. Honey,
    our older bitch, found a four-point deer antler.
    Chloe, the youngest, ate deer poop. later, she
    threw up….just like i did (or felt like it).

BJD95
    Keymaster

Houston fired their Sidney Lowe (Clyde Drexler) after two seasons. Of course, acknowledging Sid to be a mistake would be Fowler copping his own epic fail. Not going to happen.

I’m not calling for Lowe’s head this year, but there’s no harm in trusting someone (read: NOT LEE FOWLER) to put some feelers out there and conduct a very stealth search to see who’s interested in our job. If we can find a very good coach who shows serious interest in the job, only THEN do you consider firing Lowe. If not, you retain him. The last thing we need is a repeat of the last fiasco.

Dr. BadgerPack
    Participant

It seems that many officials, across all ranks of sport, have forgotten that the mark of a well officiated game is when noone remembers your name when it is over. Over the past decade, we’ve seen an increasing number of egomaniacal/poor/showboating officials that want to be noticed as well. And when the officials are being noticed, it is never a good sign.

BJD95
    Keymaster

We should fire Fowler immediately, then the new AD can fire Sid after next season. That’s what should (but won’t) happen.

turnoffthetv

If this team had a win for every can of half-full or 90 percent full beer I threw against the brick wall in my garage near the end of this one, There would be no talks of Sid’s head or making it to post season play.

The calls went both ways with the sorry a$$ officiating. So take the dang red glasses off already.U knew it was coming wolfpack nation. U knew we were gonna get up big and then give it away.

“Give it away, give it away now. Give it away, give it away, Give it away now.” Sounds like the red hot chili peppers again showing their face with a familiar anthem that we all have become accustomed to. It dont matter if it is herb or sid these games become about as predictable as the fans with their post game comments of disgust after 90 percent of games. Show me a game that cant be predicted in pack ball with 90 to 95 percent accuracy and I will show u an effing miracle. Umm. I wonder what is going to happen when we play Wake the next game. I’m gonna take a wild guess here and say we go up by 15 at the half and eventually lose by 6, or we are down by 12 at half and fight our way back into the thing(We actually regain the lead by 3 points and Wake finally seals the deal and wins by 5. Did I just say that Pack ball is very predictable???? It cant be….

I would like to say a BIG WTF to the REFS going back to the monitor and reviewing the plays. I was actually questioning whether there had been a mid-season amendment to the rulebooks and this was the first game where they were implementing reviewing plays. I seen (I think it was Luckie) review the intentional foul on Fells and Oh yeah the play stands. WTF???? I seen more reviews in this game than I have seen combined with all the games I have watched this year.Get somebody that can do the job refereeing the game and be done with it. Its not like u cant find someone that is willing and able to try to the job. It’s not like there isnt an unemployed person or 2 out there who could easily fill the shoes of these joke zebras. I mean really these refs are incompetent and need to be immediately replaced maybe the same thing done with the mens bball program and AD spot at NC State at the same time.

Daily Update
    Keymaster

BJD95: Totally agree on what should already be happening behind the scenes. Fowler should have already been told that he either needs to find a new job or retire at the end of the Spring semester. The search for the next AD should already be happening with a strong emphasis on an AD somewhere with connections that can help us with the next basketball coaching search(i.e. the Xavier AD who hired Thad Matta and S. Miller and even was an assistant AD at the Naval Academy for a connection to TOB). The new AD should do everything possible after he is hired to help Sidney succeed, but at the same time the plan would be in place as far what happens should the plug need to be pulled after next season.

However, we all know that isn’t how NC State operates.

As far as the game, the refs were horrible. However, I thought the team played well overall(obviously not a good 2nd half). Mental mistakes not catching the basketball led to numerous turnovers. If we catch the damn ball a few more times, then we win the game.

As far as coaching, Sidney did well enough that we should have won the game. It came down to a few players needing to make plays and those players didn’t make them. Horner is one of the best free thrown shooters on the team. He choked.

We need better players. There is no easy solution to this mess that Lee Fowler created.

turfpack
    Participant

YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT I KNOW ABOUT LEE-He is going to be here for as long as he likes, so you better get acustom to IT follow wolfies.
    Noone gets fired at NC WASTE-BOY I’m gald I have not spend a dime on baskertball since they run off V.
    Good luck with that gettin rid of SID-Ain’t happening guys.PERIOD!!!

JeremyH
    Participant

the first half just goes to show we have enough talent to be a winner, the second half just goes to show we don’t have the coaching or leadership from the bench to do anything with it.

take off the blinders, “bare cupboard”, “his guys”, “offense relies on a good point guard”, I’m going to break your little excuse generators. I just don’t see the coaching. And to say Sendek was better is absurd, he laid the same kind of eggs that got produced today.

At least the lakers won.

wolfpackbball
    Participant

If you’re not watching the game, but are out with your ipod and dog, then you really know nothing of what happened today. That which is flowing from your mouth really has no legitimacy. I’ll bet when we’re winning, you’ll love to sit in front of the tv. I think there’s a shirt at Wal-Mart with some of your names on it.

We should have won, sure. Our kids got rattled. EVERYONE could see it coming after the “intentional foul”. It sucks. I’m frustrated. Firing Lowe WILL NOT fix our problem, period. It will throw us into another coach with young players, commitments gone, and behind on the recruiting trail for a year or two. I’d love to know which coach that we would want, wants this job now. Rick Barnes? Hahahaahahaha.

jwrenn29

Holy cow, I thought I was the only one that thought this was HORRIBLE officiating. Especially the “blocking” foul on Ben where he stood still and the VT player jumping shoulder first into his chest and the almost murder attempt on Ben at the other end. Capel said that the ref has to swallow the whistle and put it in the players’ hands on that one. So why did they call anything at the OTHER end? Not true and I can’t believe it went to OT. That should have been a charge. But hey, I’m on the internet, so I’m crazy and part of the lunatic fringe. 🙂

graywolf
    Participant

From BSIE80 “the guy has a 5 year contract. ” It’s a six year contract and no matter how good or bad it is he will serve all 6 years and then some. Remember we don’t care what happens to athletics at NC State….just ask out great AD.

TURFPACK wrote :

YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT I KNOW ABOUT LEE-He is going to be here for as long as he likes, so you better get acustom to IT follow wolfies.
    Noone gets fired at NC WASTE-BOY I’m gald I have not spend a dime on baskertball since they run off V.
    Good luck with that gettin rid of SID-Ain’t happening guys.PERIOD!!!

Care to tell us WHAT you know…………

If there is anyone here who might know (and isn’t pulling things out of their ass) – what are the chances that Lee Fowler is shown the door? Or has what appears to be improvement in the football program earned him more goodwill from those in power?

dtwncsu

The ACC needs to steep up and take some blame for bad officiating. It dose not matter who plays the refs are always making the wrong call, which latter leads to a make-up call. Smith needed to be back in the game, but Lowe knows Smith does not know how to handle a double team. As pack fans we need to quit arguing about when to fire Lowe. Let him get another year or two of his own recruits and lets see what he can do. The staff is still in a learning process; therefore, he deserves the rest of his contract. We are just a few plays away from being at 15 or 16 wins, but with no go to player we can’t finish.

This is my first post. Here’s what I think.

The intentional foul call on Fells changed the game. Without that call, the odds of VT coming back are much slimmer. Sid should have gotten a tech over it. He should have went ballastic.

Now, he should certainly send the tape to the league and ask for an explanation. If that’s an intentional foul, coaches will have to start teaching players to just let a player have a lay-up if he’s ahead of you.

As for me, I’m done with college basketball for this year. After that play and the other crappy calls, I made a vow that if State lost I wasn’t going to watch one more second of it this year. I’ve lost all confidence in the integrity of the game. It’s just my way of protesting.

Maybe if Sid had the boys practice free throws, we would have won the game…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just got back from Blacksburg. Crowd booed the heck out of the officials. My VT friends thought Sid did a great job coaching and thought refs robbed us of the game. 18 point lead on the road and VT has been tough, Sid had the boys prepared and had a great game plan. No doubt he had VT frustrated.

Missed free throws hurt bad in the last 2 minutes. 0-4 at end of games spells trouble.

Intentional foul call put them back in the game. 5 point swing! And it was not an intentional foul by rule!!! I felt it was a make up call and the game seemed full of make up calls, one after the other. Officiating was terrible.

MaCauley was mugged at the end of game. Did they show it on TV? Officials in no way shape or form would have ignored that had it been UNC or Hansborough? the NCSU bench was pissed. Even by VT friends couldn’t believe there was no call.

I don’t know what to say Lowe coached the game by the book, we got a big lead, milked the clock on the road to shorten the game. Got our people to the free throw line to ice the game. Then with the game tied at the end of the game we get the ball to our big man right in front of the basket for a high percentage shot or a most likely foul to send him to the line to win the game. He gets hammered, no call! ACC Commissioner owes us an explanation!

RagingWolf

Where is the video? I want to see the last play of regulation. The freakin network didn’t show a replay and I am guessing there is a reason for that.

old13
    Participant

Does anyone have the address for returning used NCSU sheepskins?

RagingWolf

San Francisco
    Houston
    Villanova
    Marquette
    UNLV
    California
    Arkansas

Are we in denial? Is this list where we belong?

turnoffthetv

“If you’re not watching the game, but are out with your ipod and dog, then you really know nothing of what happened today. That which is flowing from your mouth really has no legitimacy.”

I beg to differ sir. You can come to this website and learn a lot and u can DVR the game and watch later. But then again u can do all these things and it really wouldn’t matter if u were walking the dog. U will know something of what happened today merely by an educated guess. If I would have guessed and not seen a damn bit of the game I would say we lose, probably not by a BIG margin, say somewhere in the 10 point range. And I would be willing to bet not seeing the game that we probably done pretty good at some points in the game but couldnt pull out the Win if our life depended on it. But what do I know about Wolfpack Basketball.We dont really have any good wins. We dont really have any bad losses.

Just kind of BLAH!!!!!!

I sense a pattern over time(Years and Years) with the bad losses out-weighing the good wins. Like I say it is a miracle and everyone rushes the court when we win against UNC and DOOK. Pretty soon we will be rushing the court when we beat Georgia Tech and UVA!!!! WOW!!! And maybe I will be one of those select few who can find solitude from the sounds from an IPOD and walking the Dog.

packalum44
    Participant

If we got the cold shoulder from the coaching fraternity for “running Sendek out of town”

Ridiculous. When UNC runs out Guthridge and Daugherty I don’t remember anyone feeling sorry for them or the coaching fraternity giving them the cold shoulder. Sendek took a large pay raise to go to a school where his skills would be more suited and the fan base can be happy with being a bubble team. No one gave us the cold shoulder. We just have a pathetic AD.

packalum44, no one felt sorry for UNC because they were underperforming and everyone EXPECTS them to be great. Getting rid of those two was just what they had to do to regain greatness. Lil ol’ NC State, on the other hand, should have been happy with Sendek’s results they said, and thus we get hammered in the media for running away Saint Herb. We all saw the articles and heard the talking heads.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 160 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.