ACC officials embarrass league, spark (Jamie) ‘Luckie’ comeback

Home Forums All StateFansNation ACC officials embarrass league, spark (Jamie) ‘Luckie’ comeback

Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 160 total)
  • Author
    Texpack
    Participant

When we went up by 18 in the second half, I looked at my son and told him if we could get to 80 points we would win the game. The intentional foul call on Fells ranks up there with the “Mugging at Midcourt” where Jeff Jones laid on Whit’s back and reached completely around him for a jump ball call. My son, who generally refuses to watch State basketball because it frustrates him so, spent most of the second half calling Dennis Horner “garbage” so he wasn’t surprised that an 86% FT shooter missed both shots with the game on the line.

We just don’t have any good shooters other than Costner. Fells is way too streaky. Until we get some reliable shooters in the program we will continue to be a bad team.

mkcarte2

can we get a link to some video of that sequence?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I just caught the tail end of the “tailspin” thread, it was closed before I could post a response. But anyway, it’s getting a little old being around a bunch of fans who can’t realize that the failure that they now have their pannies so tightly bunched up about, is by all measures only a few notches below the failure that has been standard issue around here forever.

So whatever you do, don’t take any chances, scurry right on back to the middle of the road, right there along with the administration. I’m sure they’ll love you for it. They’ve been spoon feeding you that stuff for so long now that you couldn’t ween yourself from it if you tried anyway. Don’t even pretend that the contract that the university gave out should be “honored”, forget about your “class acts” and all of the boy scout attitudes that sprung up out of no where during the LOI debacle.

I’m sick of the whining after just two and half years. I’m pretty certain that I went four times that long, and I didn’t really even start my complaining until halfway through that.

Have at it, sling it as far and wide as you possibly can. Do all the damage you possibly can while we’re down on the ground, so maybe we won’t ever get up again.

I’m done with this place.

Astral Rain

Yep , it’s gotten to the point where it’s now in our best interests for the future of the program to root for losses.

It’s that bad. Maybe 2-14 would get Fowler fired.

Noah
    Participant

So whatever you do, don’t take any chances, scurry right on back to the middle of the road, right there along with the administration.

Yeah, that would SUCK to be mediocre. HORRIBLE is so much better.

WolftownVA81
    Participant

What else can be said about this team and our coach? They are a complete mystery to me. My head says give Sid more time… but my gut tells me otherwise. Too many things just don’t add up. Mabye this marriage just isn’t going to work out. A primary indicator is that those in charge are in denial and refuse to communicate in an open and honest manner about our problem (and I’m not talking about trashing the players). I’m tired of the excuses. At least at UVA, the AD publicly acknowledged the problem which is the first step to a solution. This week’s Daily Progress even had a mid season report card on each player and the coach (which they graded F). Bet we’ll never see that in the N&O or an acknowledgement out of the AD’s office that all is not well in Wolfpack land. I’m am still very torn on Sid; but, Fowler must go now.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I think now might be a good time for a funny thread … or a make fun of Duke / Holes thread … or satire … or anything other than what we’ve been beating our heads in over since Sunday …

Just my opinion 😉

Something like the Ed Hightower funny pics linked from deadspin … that was riot funny

nycfan

I gotta say, I finally saw the play in question and have a hard time seeing the awful call I had read so much about. Definite foul. Player was definitely prone and was knocked into the support by the contact. I don’t think that was the INTENT of Fells, but you could argue he didn’t care what happened to the shooter. I don’t think reckless indifference is in the rules, but it ought to be.

That said, I can see how coming from behind the play, bang-bang, the ref thought he saw an intentional foul. I can also see on the replay that Fells went for the ball, so it was a tough call on State, but not the hideous call I was expecting. Maybe my expectations were out of whack from reading all the complaints.

BTW, I thought a foul call against State that I saw earlier in the game (when I watched that particular moment live) agaisnt a VPI three-point shooter when the State defender clearly got all ball, albeit from a strange angle, was a FAR worse call.

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Yeah, that would SUCK to be mediocre.”

Now Noah, I don’t know why thought you had to reply to that. Besides, when has anyone around here ever implied that “mediocre” doesn’t fit you to a TEE?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just to follow up, to me, the word “suck” is pretty much synounymous with the word “mediocrity.” Now Noah up there may have different levels and varying shades of mediocre suckdom in his little world, but in my world, when you suck, you just plain S-U-C-K!!! And in my humble opinion, this current level of suckdom on the hardwood is not that much lower than barely squeaking in by continually scheduling low rent competition and making a weak “showing” in a tournament as a complete farce.

But hey, people have different standards for what is REALLY GOOD, what they can tolerate, and what they cannot. Unlike Noah, those standards have been on the very low end of my spectrum for YEARS already, so this current funk isn’t really much of a drop off for me AT ALL. Noah though, he’s proven that he is in hog heaven with ANYTHING that can be labelled as even halfway “respectable”.

He lives for that, he’s just that kinda guy, and you gotta love him for it.

Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 160 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.