4-Star RB Johnny Frasier Signs With NC State

Home Forums All StateFansNation 4-Star RB Johnny Frasier Signs With NC State

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    Greywolf
    Participant

Sorry, but I don’t see how you can claim to know where we are going and that your rosy view is something other than a prediction. Doesn’t matter I guess, since we’ll see what we’ll see soon enough.

VaWolf82.s
    I don’t claim to know where we are going. I do claim to be looking to see what information might be out there that offers some indication of how we are going to do. Think of it this way, odds makers at sports books do it all the time. It’s how they set the original spread. You could say it’s a prediction and I suppose it is in a way. It’s rosy if the signs indicate to me that it could be rosy.

Right now most people in the business of rating teams — bloggers, magazines, etc. — are predicting a ‘rosy’ 2017. One good sign to me is our HC is rated so poorly. We must have a good team to overcome that albatross. 😉 Just kidding.

I would be interested in hearing what some who think we are not going to do well have to say about the 2017 team. But please not how we did in 2013.

McCallum in a weak moment of seriousness, did a good job of looking out the windshield and reporting what he saw. He wasn’t optimistic or pessimistic. We are inexperienced and have holes to fill on our secondary, our kicking is suspect and we are weak in coaching. That’s what he saw that wasn’t so bright. He also IIRC offered an opinion that our D-line play could compensate for our Secondary deficiencies.

That’s from a usually IMO negative McCallum. I might have to change my opinion. I don’t see the secondary quite as inexperienced as Mac does but that is just difference of opinion. I’m a little more optimistic our transfer kicker will turn out. As you say, we are going to have to wait and see.

You are the ‘stats’ guy aren’t you? Thanks for doing what you do. Makes analyzing the team in mid stream fun. And thanks for joining in the conversation. Feed back is always welcome when it’s given without a dose of smart-arse to go along with it.

Greywolf
    Participant

You are wrong about the Methodist. I’m Whiskeypalian. 😉 And if you are riding a motorcycle without a windshield, don’t smile.

pakfanistan
    Participant

You are wrong about the Methodist. I’m Whiskeypalian. ? And if you are riding a motorcycle without a windshield, don’t smile.

Nah bro, go for it. Extra protein and omega-3s and bugs are totes paleo.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I’ll go out on a limb and predict we lose to FSU, Clemson and Louisville. Doesn’t leave much room for error if you’re looking for that break through season.

Greywolf
    Participant

I’ll go out on a limb and predict we lose to FSU, Clemson and Louisville. Doesn’t leave much room for error if you’re looking for that break through season.

Wow! That’s some limb. If we lose do we count them as upsets for FSU, Clemson and L’ville?

TheCOWDOG

My tree has us beating Louisville, on a dry day…Or in a hurricane…Nothing tweener.

Belief is its own reality. Whether that’s belief in your coaches, your teammies, or yourself, it’s the last wall to bust to win on a regular basis.

The wall has chips and cracks, and a breach here and there.

Can they bring an entire section down this coming fall?
    Sure they can.

McCallum
    Participant

The is no moment of weakness for me as it concerns seriousness. The front 7 on defense should be strong, some of the best in the conference. The offense has experience and skill.

Now if Dapper Dave and company can figure out how to get long and wide against teams like BC then goody goody.

I’m betting on historical regression to the mean.

And a question:

Why don’t Episcopalians play chess?

They can’t tell the difference between a bishop and a queen.

McCallum

Greywolf
    Participant

Why don’t Episcopalians play chess?

They can’t tell the difference between a bishop and a queen.

You’re talking high church. We low church folk don’t have no queens. LOL
    Not knowing how to tell a bishop from a queen ain’t the only thing they have in common with the Catholics.

Greywolf
    Participant

Belief is its own reality. Whether that’s belief in your coaches, your teammies, or yourself, it’s the last wall to bust to win on a regular basis.

Glad you didn’t include fans. We’d never make it.

GoldenChain
    Participant

You are wrong about the Methodist. I’m Whiskeypalian. ? And if you are riding a motorcycle without a windshield, don’t smile.

I have a diploma in theology from an Episcopal seminary. When I married my wife I took a job in my home town (Hickory, she was from Fayetteville) so she said “I’m moving to your home town but I’m not becoming Southern Baptist!” So I became a Whiskeypalian. Took me 20 years but I got her to be a baptist…but I still take a swig now and again.

Hate to say it but I’ve read too many rosy projections fr pack teams for too many years and we somehow manage to screw it up. Show me Dave.

GoldenChain
    Participant

I have a diploma in theology from an Episcopal seminary. When I married my wife I took a job in my home town (Hickory, she was from Fayetteville) so she said “I’m moving to your home town but I’m not becoming Southern Baptist!” So I became a Whiskeypalian. Took me 20 years but I got her to be a baptist…but I still take a swig now and again.

Hate to say it but I’ve read too many rosy projections fr pack teams for too many years and we somehow manage to screw it up. Show me Dave.

GoldenChain
    Participant

And you can tell I’ve been into the Holy Water tonight!lol

Pack1997
    Participant

Based on the schedule I don’t see how we win more than 7 games this year. 2 possibly 3 losses out of Louisville, FSU and Clemson. 2 Gimme games in Furman and Marshall. The rest are 100% toss up games. @ND @ Pitt @WFU @BC. With a home game against Clemson between them. Thats a tough road to be banking on wins. .

JasonP
    Participant

5 L’s and a trip to Birmingham.

We’ll have the obligatory switch of W/L for the upset win against someone we shouldn’t beat and a baffling upset loss.

Lack of consistency from the QB and kicker along with coaches that can’t get out of their own way will cost us unless we get some very lucky breaks.

Greywolf
    Participant

Based on the schedule I don’t see how we win more than 7 games this year. 2 possibly 3 losses out of Louisville, FSU and Clemson. 2 Gimme games in Furman and Marshall. The rest are 100% toss up games. @ND @ Pitt @WFU @BC. With a home game against Clemson between them. Thats a tough road to be banking on wins.

Ordinarily I would nod my head at this post. That’s a tough row to hoe, with a nod of the head to Bill’s garden. However…

I’m all in on the coaches and players believing in 2017.

Fortified by a little taste of the Holy Water I going out on the skinny branches and say we win… Let’s back up just a bit. We can beat the real Carolina in our opener. Our first test is FSU. IMO How we play FSU will tell us about the season to come. We play FSU toe to toe without the faltering in the 4th quarter, I’m going to get excited about the rest of the games. Play well vs the Sems and win a few of the toss up games and a good season is possible. Win 2 out of 3 vs the big 3 and we have a very good season. My only hope is we don’t step on our d!ck and lose one we could win.

I’m saying 9 wins. 8 would exceed most expectations. 7 is reasonable. 6 is unacceptable. Back to 9 wins — should we win 9, I believe I’ll have another taste of that Holy Water.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

I’m not a believer, and I consider myself among the impartial, without an axe to grind. The, “Oh we were so close” Spring preview and comments, I’m just not buying. Last season, I think we stole one due to a hurricane, beat up on some chumps, didn’t win many of the toss ups, or games we needed to win to push upward, and lost to a miserable BC team. We were physical against Clemson, but that game could’ve just as easily been a loss by 3 scores or more, probably closer to the spread, than a win with a made FG. Tigers moved the ball at will all day long; Watson threw an uncharacteristic pick-6, something I don’t think he did his entire career, and they coughed it up inside the 10 at least twice if I recall. I’m all for celebrating the positives, and you’ve got to start somewhere, including being in a position to win (If I”m the coach, I’m talking about how close we were, too!), but a little objectivity is in order.

Defensively, our pash rush was slow out of the gate for a D-line that was billed among the best last year. We didn’t get great pressure until began bringing a fifth or more, and I don’t think Hux is dedicated to pressure. Without it, I don’t think our backend holds up. For the record, I’m not saying we can’t win more than 7. I’m saying, we won’t.

Greywolf
    Participant

Whiteshoes67, Thanks for a classic example of looking in the rear view mirror to see where you are going in the future.

Opinionated negativity does not make a view objective. It’s okay to have opinions and it’s okay be negative, but your claim of objectivity, is a bit much.

Greywolf
    Participant

I’m saying 9 wins. 8 would exceed most expectations. 7 is reasonable. 6 is unacceptable. Back to 9 wins — should we win 9, I believe I’ll have another taste of that Holy Water.

If we win more than 9 games, heck, I’ll be having more that a taste of that Holy Water. More than 10 and you’ll find me face down in the font. 😉 😉 😉

We true believers can get GoldenChain to give us a full immersion baptism in the stuff. LOL

rthomas44
    Participant

All of you sound like good and faithful Wolfpack fans with 4 LTR seats each.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Based on the schedule I don’t see how we win more than 7 games this year. 2 possibly 3 losses out of Louisville, FSU and Clemson. 2 Gimme games in Furman and Marshall. The rest are 100% toss up games. @ND @ Pitt @WFU @BC. With a home game against Clemson between them. Thats a tough road to be banking on wins.

Ordinarily I would nod my head at this post. That’s a tough row to hoe, with a nod of the head to Bill’s garden. However…

I’m all in on the coaches and players believing in 2017.

7 wins wouldnt be reasonable, it would be a disaster IMO. A tell tale sign that we are in the same place, if not worse than what TOB left us.
    8 regular season wins should be the absolute freaking floor for this team all things considered and how much DD and co have crowed about starting over, building depth, youth etc. Especially given how 2018 looks like a down year again. 7 wins or less would be catastrophic in my opinion. Recruiting and fan support would take a mighty hit.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

I wasnt dumb enough to get on that train when it started rolling. I knew it was stupid then just as it is now.

I learned my lesson with my Panther PSL’s. My first “gift” to myself right out of college. Not my most smartest moment.

Greywolf
    Participant

I’m good and I’m faithful but I only have 2 LTR seats. 2 out of 3 ain’t bad.

This season might be my last at Carter-Finley. Eyes aim’t what they used to be, and my 80 year old arse is wearing out. Aw hell, I said that last year. I’m going until I can’t go any more.

I can hardly see to type here on SFN. I mostly type to keep my mind active although having to deal with some of the BS I wonder if it’s worth it. I’m always surprised anybody reads the nonsensical circles I write in.

Oh, I lied about the Holy Water. I gave that up a long time ago.

Greywolf
    Participant

7 wins wouldnt be reasonable, it would be a disaster

With our schedule 7 wins is reasonable,not good but reasonable. A section of seats at C-F collapsing would be a disaster. Surely you’ve out grown the need to exaggerate everything?

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

7 wins wouldnt be reasonable, it would be a disaster

With our schedule 7 wins is reasonable,not good but reasonable. A section of seats at C-F collapsing would be a disaster. Surely you’ve out grown the need to exaggerate everything?

Are you aware of what ‘context” is?

Greywolf
    Participant

Are you aware of what ‘context” is?

I went back and re-read your post and could not find where you provided a context for your assertion that winning 7 games was a disaster. I did find a context for your intelligence when you told of buying Panter’s LTRs. You are right. You aren’t too smart.

Your pathetic attempt to justify your calling 7 wins a disaster referred to TOBs record back when the ACC had 2 teams that could reasonably claim top 20. Today the ACC has 4 teams that can authentically be called top 15 teams with several other teams vying for top 25.

Your attempt to create context for 7 wins in the Atlantic division of the ACC today by going back and comparing it to TOBs day is ludicrous. In the context of who we play 7 wins is reasonable. Whether or not it’s good enough for DD to keep his job, I don’t know but that is not in context for how many wins is reasonable.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.