4-Star RB Johnny Frasier Signs With NC State

Home Forums All StateFansNation 4-Star RB Johnny Frasier Signs With NC State

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    Bsim412
    Participant

One of the biggest commitments in Pack15, Johnny Frasier has officially signed his letter of intent with The Pack. Frasier comes from right down the r
    [See the full post at: 4-Star RB Johnny Frasier Signs With NC State]

McCallum
    Participant

Is he any good?

True talent can not be denied. Were he all that and a bag of chips then Princeton would have walked off with a state title or gotten beyond round 3 of the playoffs (cue up the response they got to the 4th round thus missing the point twice).

Ted Brown was a talent, he carried HP Andrews to a state title. Richmond County folks will tell you he was out of bounds but that misses the point. TA McClendon was a talent, Albemarle ran away with it behind McClendon. Keith Marshall couldn’t get Millbrook a conference title or out of the first round of the playoffs yet he was ranked better than Gurley who took Tarboro to a title.

I hope he scores 500 touchdowns and takes a dump in the dean done but these rankings are fo da birds.

McCallum

Bsim412
    Participant

Yes, Frasier is the real deal. Coach Doeren and the staff did a great job securing the number 1 running back class in the country.

McCallum
    Participant

“Who wants flavor-aid?” -Jim Jones

McCallum

McCallum
    Participant

Look what I found.

McCallum

Heelh8r
    Participant

It looks like you are the only one patting yourself on the back for this amazing discovery

McCallum
    Participant

Sometimes questioning convetional wisdom is helpful.

That said, were you the inspiration for the self driving car?

McCallum

NCSU88
    Participant

Highly talented running backs still need an offensive line to give them the opportunity to show off said talent.

PK Pollar
    Participant

Ted Brown, TA McLendon and Andre Brown were all hosses in high school and important players in Wolfpack Football history. Frankly, it doesn’t matter to me what hardware they brought home in high school as I am only concerned about the hardware brought to West Raleigh.

Here’s to hoping that Frasier — who may not have their talent or style of play — can make important contributions to Wolfpack Football in his career. I make no predictions, but only wish him the best as I have done for those earlier players.

Dan Mullen’s Mr. Simmons can probably hit pretty hard coming across the line ….

redisgood
    Participant

I think it might be more appropriate to revisit after he’s actually played a down or two. He is just a redshirt freshman going into his first season after all.

gso packbacker
    Participant

I agree with McCallum that a 5 star guy should dominate in high school and it sounds like he didn’t. Water officially under the bridge now though.

Now I’m curious about what the coaches really expect out of him at this point and how he can help the team.

We’ve had guys like Philip and Russell who’ve exceeded expectations and that’s great, but I would gladly trade all of them for an ACC Championship. Heck, I might even trade one of those for a 6 conference-win season. 😉

McCallum
    Participant

I’m watching a guard down at UGA named Ben Cleveland. He is 6’7″ 325 and was a 4 star in high school yet most of the kids that played against him thought he was soft. Not a fat kid at all, not lean either but just big so we’ll see how he works out.

Speaking of that I met a kid named Branden Bowen in the airport at Salt Lake City this summer. Huge kid, listed as three star yet Ohio State saw something and offered him so he flipped from Utah to OSU. Real heavy duty line pusher for certain, 2nd on the depth chart in Columbus.

Cleveland was always going to UGA, Bowen was a find.

McCallum

tjfoose1
    Participant

I think it might be more appropriate to revisit after he’s actually played a down or two. He is just a redshirt freshman going into his first season after all.

Thank you , redisgood

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

DD said at the atlantic beach caravan that after 2 years he still hasnt learned to check his ego at the door. He sounded incredibly frustrated at the situation

McCallum
    Participant

Wallace Rose Hill checked that ego.

McCallum

tjfoose1
    Participant

DD said at the atlantic beach caravan that after 2 years he still hasnt learned to check his ego at the door. He sounded incredibly frustrated at the situation

Yes, he did, publicly. But DD wasn’t talking to the folks at the atlantic beach caravan when he said it.

McCallum
    Participant

Princton’s last great back was Mike Atkinson in 1981.

McCallum

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Yes, he did, publicly. But DD wasn’t talking to the folks at the atlantic beach caravan when he said it.

Is this some sort of riddle?

TheCOWDOG

Sure it’s a riddle. The answer to which can be found squarely on the 4 spot, on the laundry list.

freshmanin83
    Participant

I would hazard a guess that he was speaking to the person in question that he should straighten up and howl right.

Fastback68
    Participant

Any coach, anywhere – Just take the 2,3,4 or 5 yards. But it still happens, the ego says just reverse course 5 or 10 yards and you can take it to the house. Recall tells me TA did this a few times with his first carries.

NCSU88
    Participant

I am noticing more running backs these days that try to avoid contact. They don’t seem willing to deliver the hit to the defender a la Todd Gurley. I love seeing RBs run over defenders. Bouncing outside will only do so much for you unless you’re lightning fast and gives the DBs time to react and close.

44rules
    Participant

NCSU88, I’m wondering if that’s because of all the news about concussions? I’m scrawny and never had the build to play football, but I know if I was in their shoes, I might look to avoid contact when possible.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

So the scuttlebutt is he is transferring along with potentially moss. ::sigh::

pakfanistan
    Participant

So the scuttlebutt is he is transferring along with potentially moss. ::sigh::

Scuttlebutt last year was Gallaspy was transferring. He’s still here.

We’d miss Moss.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.