2014-15 Post-WBS Roster Thoughts and Bold Predictions

Home Forums All StateFansNation 2014-15 Post-WBS Roster Thoughts and Bold Predictions

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 188 total)
  • Author
    btownwolfpack
    Participant

Agreed. I’ll stop reading.

tjfoose1
    Participant

mr.wolf,

As a male whose name is often preceded by “Mr.” in formal writings, I am offended by your use of the lower case “m” in “mr.wolf”. It is undenialably sexist and obviously meant to demean the male sex. Please drop the use of the username and replace it with something less offensive to those of us who are ultra sensitive to such things. Just because it is befitting of yourself does not mean the rest of us forfeit our right to be offended.

Also, my dog just told me he’s offended with your uses of “wolf”, and your decision to use a lower case “w”. He suggested something a little more befitting of your projected online persona, such as a word reflective of the feline persuasion.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

no longer refer to me as a white male. I will now be known as either Caucasian or European American. Thanks for respecting me and my ancestors.

redcanine
    Participant

“King Hippo IS sorta the best nickname ever”, said Sterling.

tjfoose1
    Participant

I find that offensive to all other nicknames.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Oh wait. Chris Matthews, is that you?

JohnGalt78
    Participant

All this offense is great, but what about defense?

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

Whoever deleted my post- thank you. That guy is getting under my skin with all his negative posts and campaigning. Don’t know what the axe grinding is about and might be more empathetic if I knew the whole story. I was not very diplomatic, recognize that and appreciate/respect your website.

Alpha- I truly had no idea. Thank you for the education, I think. You never know when it might come in handy. 🙂 (although it probably won’t- really an 80’s video game?- ok, all diplomacy has evaporated today due to school/work stress). I am assuming that there is no ear-biting in this video game.

I think the names are in jest and out of respect and that BJD should be responsible for coming up with the redskins next team name. Yes the nicknames if taken out of context can be considered……however, if you understand the history and the respect of the folks involved, the names make perfect sense.

Those who want to be offended will be.

My problem too with King Hippo is that his initials are KH. BJD, I’m surprised that you would ever tag a State player with that. I personally prefer K-Hip.

eas
    Participant

For almost 2 years I thought WBS stood for White Ball Skills don’t ask me how or why. Well I know why for me because he was always referred to White Chocolate prior to getting to Raleigh (didn’t Harrow introduce him as White Chocolate one time?).

Maybe I missed something but WTF are people getting so cranky on the Nicknames? I would take issue myself if it were personally degrading someone. King Hippo was straight up Mike Tyson’s punch out. BSW showed up simply because his game is the identical twin of WSW. Maybe we should just change it to SWT (Scott Woods Twin) so people can sleep at night. Maybe it seems less severe for me since my friends (long time/Short time, black/white & rainbow) still watch the same games TOGETHER and use the same nicknames. Too many And 1 mixtape YouTube clips has me addicted to nicknames. Hot Sauce anyone???

My 8 year old daughter officially named the following players at the beginning of the season (true story & what we use for fun while watching the games).

CAT – Kitty barber shop (I take it she gets a kick out of his hair styles)

Lewis – Shawty

Vandy – hamburger

Anya – Onion (my favorite)

TJ – tha “J”

Heck I forgot the others but our kids make up nicknames. My Wife is a Tarhole (don’t go there) and so we have another set for those guys.

Either way I will move along now. This is a great site where we can all vent and then come back from all the stupid comments. We’ve all said at some point “they should fire the whole staff after that bed $&@$@&$”.

Keep up the good work guys. With or without nicknames I think this is a great place to be for all things red and white…

tjfoose1
    Participant

As someone with Irish heritage, who to I go to about the obviously offensive and stereotyping use of “Fighting Irish” by Notre Dame?

And about all these St Patrick’s Day drunkfests… somebody owes me an apology!

tjfoose1
    Participant

WBS has nothing to do with race or even a vague reference to skin color. WBS = Wee Baby Seamus, a character on ‘Archer’.

JohnGalt78
    Participant

eas, it was a basic troll post….that worked

JohnGalt78
    Participant

I’m easily offended by easily offended people

MrPlywood
    Participant

I watched a boxing match the other day, white guy vs a black guy, both had black trunks. The announcer said something to the effect of “Smith is wearing black trunks with red trim, Jones is wearing black trunks with green trim.” I laughed at how PC things have become when you can’t just say “Smith is the white guy.” Years ago I played on some city courts in the ATL when I actually had some game. The guys started calling me “Larry Bird” and I told them I’d rather be the “White Spud Webb”. They laughed, and so it was. No harm, no foul.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

Galt- Statefansnation is in need of a defensive-minded leader. If we can prevent posters from moving the ball where ever they want to on the boards, we will be able to mitigate that offensive threat. Maybe we should give the moderators new nicknames.

Really enjoying ya’lls post. Yes, insanity has sunk in.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

Foose- you have talent at being offended. Must be the Irish in you. (was that racist? or nationalistic? Or insensitive? Do you want to talk about it?) I think we need a Posters Assistance Program (PAP) to help deal with this pain. BJD will facilitate all sessions.

redcanine
    Participant

Now that everyone knows what King Hippo is all about, don’t you think it’s pretty damned hilarious? They look just alike, for freaks sake.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

At this point, I have realized BJD’s thread has been hijacked.

I think we are going to be awesome. After reading ya’lls post, I am inspired with next year’s team. I still consider this to be the rebuilding phase of the program but things should start to take shape with Gott’s personnel. If we do as well as we did this year, I will not be disappointed.

Besides Battle, we’ll have 4 upperclassmen. That is not so great. However, negativity should be limited. No false expectations from coach (former) to player. That is a morale killer. That and sleeping with your teammate’s girlfriend.

Ok thread stll hijacked but I tried.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

With his Faison dialect, I betcha CD has overcome some insensitive redneck barriers in his life.

I would like to give Bill from the Beach some insensitivity because of his location too. Gosh, I would love to retire to the coast one day.

tjfoose1
    Participant

DrWuffette1day,

Now Im offended at your lack of sarcasm acknowledgement and your weak attempt at the same. It was pretty lame.

Btw, CD is an adopted NY yankee.

TheCOWDOG

^
    With 24 years in California, to boot. Talk about having to overcome!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Dr. Wuffette… life is tough… it doesn’t really matter where you’re hang your hat…

just ask…

CALVIN
    CUZ
    ANTHONY

or anybody else…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Adventuroo
    Participant

H>I>J>A>C>K

What NOT to yell when you see your long lost buddy, Jack, getting on a plane and you are sitting in first class with a beard and you have your head wrapped up in a multi-colored towel due to a recent lice infestation treatment and you have a large black box in your lap that is actually a present you are taking home to your significant other….

OK….I DO think that the PC Police and Trolls have landed on the beaches….and we will fight them…(see Winston Churchill for additional text).

Is there ANY truth in the rumor that all Trolls and PC Police wear light blue undies and have Ramses PJ’s with sock feet?

Texpack
    Participant

Oh wait. Chris Matthews, is that you?

No it’s not, but he is the commencement speaker for my son’s graduation from tOSU next month.

ncsu1987
    Participant

I don’t get the logic that says “we have transfers” therefore “the program is in trouble” or “we need a new coach”. Transfers are a normal part of the process for a program on the rise. I see it as a very healthy forward-looking indicator of the positive trajectory of our nascent program.

Oh, sure, I get it for the perennial Gott haters – it’s a convenient hook on which to hang their hat. Between 3 consecutive NCAA appearances and 70 wins in those 3 years, there’s precious little else for them.

I will miss Tyler Lewis, because I have enjoyed watching him play. I wish him the absolute best of luck, and thank him for his time with the Wolfpack. As to the why, despite what some of you seem to think, it really is ok that he gets to make the call, and we don’t get to know exactly why.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 188 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.