Reply To: DD and Recruiting … Has NC State moved into the Elite?

Home Forums All StateFansNation DD and Recruiting … Has NC State moved into the Elite? Reply To: DD and Recruiting … Has NC State moved into the Elite?

ryebread
Participant

You can disabuse yourself of the notion that $$$ people or anybody else is giving Debbie Yow an ultimatum. The only person who can do that is Randy Woodson. $$$ people couldn’t get Lee Fowler fired, for goodness sakes, how in the heck do you think they can get Yow fired?

As for your “trifecta” story, that dog won’t hunt. The best “fans” can do to “run a coach off” is through heavy doses of vitriol like SFN gave HWSNBN and Doeren.

We can agree to disagree on whether or not what didn’t happen because it didn’t play out that way. Only a handful of people know, neither of which are us, and those that did know then would surely spin it now.

Employment is a bit like a marriage. When things go bad, they can be really nasty (up to one spouse killing another), but things can improve, people kiss and make up and then it is human nature to forgive and forget. Shrugs.

I still go back to my original ask. If you focus on the now, then I’ll focus on the now. Stop making statements like our horrible fans almost ran DD off (which in this last post you’re saying clearly can’t happen), and I’ll let it drop.

DD may have left, but it wouldn’t have been due to the fans. It would have been to:
1) Reset the clock
2) Add $$$ to his bank account
I wouldn’t have blamed him at all if he had left for either reason. He ultimately has to do what he feels best for his career and his family.

The sun would have risen the next day. We would have still fielded a team, with some chance that it was better and some chance that it was worse. To me the program is bigger than any one coach or player.