Just for review, let’s hit the highlights:
– Review of UNC’s Self-Imposed Sanctions Part 1, Part 2 (by NCSU1987)
– Why We Care/Write About UNC’s Scandal linkÂ Â (by NCStatePride)
– Agent Involvement at UNC link (by 1.21 Jigawatts)
– What UNC Could Have Done To Prevent Their Scandal link (by VaWolf82)
– Blue-Zone Donors Consider Legal Action link (by Old Macdonald)
– Announcement of Butch Davis Fired linkÂ (by StateFans)
– Announcement of Dick Baddour “Resignation” link (by StateFans)
– A Closer Look at UNC’s NOA link (by VaWolf82)
– UNC’s Response to NOA link (by NCStatePride)
We’ll make sure to keep you posted when the infractions actually go public.Â Enjoy the fall-out.
A review of the major allegations against UNC:
1) Tutorgate/Academic “Prong” – A tutor was writing papers for athletes.
2) Tutorgate/Financial “Prong” – A tutor was giving money to athletes.
3) Tutorgate/Cover-Up “Prong” – When asked about tutorgate, individuals affiliated with the university didn’t cooperate with investigators.
4) Gary, Blake, and Santa Claus – Athletes received a total of over $27,000 from various sources.
5) @AnchormanAustin – Boy dun f***ed up.
6) Black Santa Employement – UNC had someone acting as an agent on staff.
7) Black Santa’s Finances – Blake failed to report any and all monies transferred between him and Pro Tect (agent firm) to the NCAA.
8) Black Santa Cover-Up – Similar to allegation #3, UNC wasn’t forthcoming about Blake.
9) Pseudo-Loss of Institutional Control – UNC is accused of ‘Failure to Monitor’.
More to come…
Current Penalties (Self-Imposed):
From previous article on UNC’s NOA response…
UNC will vacate wins from the 2008 and 2009 seasons for fielding ineligible players.Â They will also institute a 2-year probation and a reduction of 3 scholarships for the next three years.Â In the words of our very own â€˜theCOWDOGâ€™, â€œIâ€™m convinced that the NCAA response is gonna sound something like this: OK, Iâ€™ll see your 9 over 3 and raise ya 12.â€