1) Boston College lost 6 consecutive games leading into last week’s game with NC State, then beat the Pack at home by 17. In its next game, BC lost to last-place Virginia. At home.
2) Clemson came into Raleigh with only one ACC road win (at last place Virginia, which has beaten no ACC foe other than BC). It left Raleigh with two. In their next game, the Tiggers were soundly thumped at Florida State.
3) UNC struggled mightily in its first few games without Ty Lawson (out with an ankle sprain). After last Saturday’s 39-point mauling of Virginia Tech, it looks like the Tarheels have finally adjusted.
4) Prior to the previous meeting in Chapel Hill, Roy Williams offered his charges no training table for dinner, noting that he would “rather not eat than lose to State.” A focused and motivated UNC team is not what the doctor ordered.
5) As I noted in more detail three years ago, I absolutely hate Wednesdays. They are nothing but bad luck – and State needs all the mojo it can get.
6) How close is Wolfpack Nation (at least the student portion) to complete surrender? As 850 the Buzz notes, the Technician didn’t even have the heart to publish its traditional “Daily Tar Hell” gameday edition. Even during the dark ages of Les’ reign, we at least were up for making fun of UNC’s effete nature.