Here is a question — have you really reviewed/read everything that is on the front page of SFN right now? More often than not we have visitors who only review the first couple of entries on the page and move on. But, many of our entries are pretty timeless and not necessarily tied to the exact moment. So, take some time perusing some recent pieces that you may have missed and some of the categories on the right hand side of the blog.
On the morning of the Red/White Basketball game we would obviously love to be talking about NC State. But, since so few people can actually go to the Red/White game we figured we might as well hit some other items of various interest this morning.
NC State & Chuck Amato Survival Meter
* Now that we are more than half way through the season, the chance that the Wolfpack will significantly improve our offensive statistics for the season are slim. (Link)
* Steve Logan’s radio show from yesterday can be found by clicking here. During the show he made a comment on how easy it is to instill discipline in a football team and that he was going to hit some of the highlights. I haven’t gotten through the whole show as of yet so I don’t know if he came back to the topic.
* We haven’t made a big deal of EDSBS’s Chuck Amato Survival Meter on the blog througout the season. But this week’s installment is too funny to ignore. Check it out here.
* We’ve talked about the relevance of Carolina’s coaching search, but we aren’t going obsess over it.
* A few local websites have done a nice job of consolidating good links, including 850TheBuzz who has a nice entry this morning.
* Additionally, the N&O’s blog references The Sporting News’ suggestion of Norm Chow. Speaking of Norm Chow, he is all over the place today!
* Just like the NC State coaching search the best place to go for a strong mix of scoop and analysis (other than SFN, of course) is Dave Glenn’s blog. Dave kicks-off his Carolina coaching search coverage with this link.
Shrinking Season Update
* We have made a big deal about this and really want you to make sure that you understand our perspective by clicking here. Today, the Wizard of Odds gives us an update on the incredible shrinking college football game., that have resulted in five less points per game.
A Decidedly SEC Bent
A host of ‘interesting’ links from the SouthEastern Conference ran across my newsreader today. The first two are typical ‘this is the way that we do it in the SEC’. The next two are fun.
South Carolina’s Steve Spurrier just can’t help himself, especially during Tennessee week.
Even when he tries to downplay his rivalry with Vols’ coach Phillip Fulmer, Spurrier breaks up the room at Tennessee’s expense.
He talked Tuesday of how his rivalry with Fulmer is overblown and one-liners like Spurrier’s famous, “You can’t spell Citrus without UT,” are simply good-natured jokes told by both sides.
“Of course, the winners are the only ones who can tell the jokes, so maybe they weren’t telling too many up there,” Spurrier said.