Time flies except when you are waiting for football season. So, we’ve decided to quickly link up to quite a few ACC-webruns out there that will definitely serve your reading pleasure.
* The N&O’s great “ACC Now” blog is kicking into gear with some preseason focus on football after a little hiatus. (Link)
* ACC Basketblog has a TON of links to news on every ACC program. (Link)
* “In Dodd We Trust” has a lot of football information that includes a link to ESPN discussing the ACC’s Bowl announcement set for Tuesday. (Link) The likely order is no surprise:
(1) BCS (Champ. Game winner)
(2) Peach Bowl, Atlanta
(3): Gator Bowl, Jacksonville
(4): Champs Sports Bowl, Orlando
(5): Music City Bowl, Nashville
(6): Meineke Car Care Bowl, Charlotte
(7): Emerald Bowl, San Francisco
(8): MPC Computers Bowl, Boise
* Durham Herald’s Frank Dascenzo picks NC State to finish last in the Atlantic Division his ACC Preview. Last. As in, behind Maryland and Wake Forest. He says that the “worst kept secret in the ACC is that the power in football is back in Coral Gables, Fla., and Tallahassee, Fla.”
6. N.C. State: Was any Wolfpacker happy with last season’s 7-5 finish? Probably a few, but not many — which brings up this season and what’s important. Well, for starters, Nov. 18, the day N.C. State plays at UNC. The Heels have won the last two. Something you might not know: N.C. State’s 5-1 season-ending run was its best since the 1973 team won seven of its final eight to finish 9-3, including a 31-18 victory over Kansas in the Liberty Bowl.
* If you are one of our visitors who only looks at the top entry during your visit, we ask that you scroll through the front page of SFN for anything that you may have missed that might be of interest to you. We don’t normally take off the weekends.
* To wrap up more nationally, the Wizard of Odds has some links to some articles of interest.