The red-and-white sneakers were expected, but the bright red linen slacks said much more about new N.C. State men’s basketball coach Sidney Lowe.
Evidently, he is fashion conscious and, as his ensemble indicated, eager to represent the Wolfpack basketball program.
“My commitment here will be second to none — to no one else who would have gotten this job,” Lowe said Thursday at a news conference.
Not much to say here except a quick run down on the fact that Sidney Lowe met the media yesterday.
A poster on Pack Pride shared the following:
Here are my quick notes from the audio of Coach Lowes’ press conference today:
– degree is in hand; had it mailed to him; received it a couple of days ago
– will now focus on knocking out NCAA compliance test
– wants to interior decorate his office with a red carpet with a Block S on it and pictures of past players and accomplishments to show everyone who visits his office his passion for the Wolfpack and what we have built here
– has been text messaging kids; he says kids like that, now that he knows how to text message, he said that he likes it and will use it so much that the kids might get tired of hearing from him through it
– Larry Davis has not been given a full release as of yet; refused to comment any further
– he said that constant communication with kids is the key to effective recruiting
– immediate needs with respect to recruiting is backcourt, more specifically point guard; would like to have two to count on
– will not run and gun or just jack up 3’s, but will pick up the pace and run an up and down game with quick hitters; some sets will be mixed in as well to adjust to the opponent and game situations and to change up the tempo and give different looks
Click here for the Charlotte Observer’s coverage.
Click here for the News & Observer’s coverage.
Click here for GoPack.com’s coverage that includes a link to the audio.
Click here for a great conversation about Lowe’s recruiting haul this week.