A couple of weeks ago we ran this entry highlighting Sidney Lowe’s rumored coaching staff.
The official announcements yesterday that Pete Strickland and Levi Watkins were joining the staff (Wolfpacker article / Pack Pride article) mean that those early rumors were right on target, and also mean that Lowe’s staff will have two former head coaches supporting him. Click here for SFN’s most recent comments and discussion related to Pete Strickland.
As you know, SFN isn’t looking just to link to “news” without trying to provide a little comment on topics. Today, 850 The Buzz serves the role of providing more on the Strickland situation for us.
A few random points:
* Previous coaching conversation linked here.
* Previous link to Monte Towe confirmed for staff.
* We are very excited about Pete Strickland’s presence in Raleigh and concur with 850’s perspective that this has got to be considered a recruiting coup for Sidney Lowe considering the previous news that Strickland was not going to accept the position.
* Fans continue to be concerned about the conditional releases of State’s three high school signees – Davis, Werner, Horner. Weren’t these potential defections a major reason for Larry Harris’ return to Raleigh? Let’s have some faith that all will be well because of this strategic decision.
* Levi Watkins’ high school, Montrose Christian High School, is kind of a modern-day DeMatha. It is a great pick-up to keep Levi in Raleigh as a tie to the players of the last decade and a connection to a high school basketball factory.
* So…Larry Harris and Levi Watkins both return to NC State from Herb Sendek’s staff and we haven’t seen a single comment in the national media explaining their desire to return to a place where the fans are supposedly horrible and previously treated them badly and unfairly.