Mark Gottfried Fired

Home Forums All StateFansNation Mark Gottfried Fired

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 251 total)
  • Author
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Part of me thinks that this is potentially the strategy behind letting what has leaked

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    (frequently attributed to Napoleon)

choppack1
    Participant

Vawolf – this falls under the wishful thinking scenario.

Wulfpack
    Participant

He was just fired, according to espn.

Wulfpack
    Participant
    packbackr04
    Participant
    wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Why not do this before the UNC game and leave the man a little dignity. Eff Yow

packbackr04
    Participant

…dignity is not something Gott is concerned with… hes been caught humping a players GF at Bama and a former state players wife , so im pretty sure Gott is good as long as he gets paid.

Wulfpack
    Participant

If he wanted to go out with any dignity, he could have started by actually showing up this season. But he’s been stealing dollars, and that is very obvious.

Pack1997
    Participant

which former state player? And why let him continue to coach out the season?

choppack1
    Participant

I am more concerned with other rumors afloat…. Hopefully it’s nothing that costs us anything beyond this year.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Eff Yow

I’m sure he’s made a pass or three at her, too.

Gowolves
    Participant

Ok let’s have some civility. Damn. I have heard those rumors. It was rumored to be Corch’s wife. My sources have said there is no truth to do this so let this die now

choppack1
    Participant

Go – I ain’t talking about Gott’s nightlife.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

…dignity is not something Gott is concerned with… hes been caught humping a players GF at Bama and a former state players wife , so im pretty sure Gott is good as long as he gets paid.

Unless you are willing to put forth your sources to allow us to assess the veracity of these claims, they have no place here, esp on a day like today, which, even though a majority of us were hoping for, is still not exactly a victory for NC State. Airing our coach’s dirty laundry like that isn’t going to attract a HOF coach, nor talented players. Leave it to ESPN and TMZ.

JeremyH
    Participant

i don’t get this fired / but still coach business, is this a precedent?

JeremyH
    Participant

if we win the ACC tournament is he still fired? this is silly.

Wulfpack
    Participant

So Chop are you saying he could be leaving our program in worse shape than just the roster?

JeremyH
    Participant

“An NC State official told ESPN’s Andy Katz that Gottfried asked Yow if he could finish the remainder of the season due to his commitment to the players.”

WataugaWolf
    Participant

Information can be leaked out unintentionally or intentionally.

Although I believe Yow clearly saw this day coming (and hopefully made the appropriate moves in advance to position NC State well for the search ahead) I can’t help but think this situation went down “not according to plan”.

Why not fire Gottfried at the end of the season if your plan is to have him coach the remainder of the games anyway? As Yow stated in her presser, she typically evaluates the teams direction at seasons end. Why now? What is the purpose?

I don’t know if there was a final blowup during one of Yow’s after-game evaluation meetings, and the immediate firing came as a result, but keeping him on as coach the remainder of the season just doesn’t make any sense for the team.

They have obviously quit on him and he has quit on them.

Gowolves
    Participant

Chop,

I wasn’t referring to you. I am referring to the comments about his personal life.

rthomas44
    Participant

Ah yes, now the wake begins. I come to bury Gott, not to praise him.

13OT
    Participant

So he goes but he stays.

Ought to give our fans something to boo about at the ND and UVA games.

But what IF this team makes the NIT? It just looks stupid to me to keep someone on who’s been fired.

But then, this is NC State.

WataugaWolf
    Participant

Dayton Flyers coach Archie Miller said Thursday his alma mater, North Carolina State, has not contacted him about coaching the Wolfpack next season.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/archie-miller-state-has-not-contacted-him-about-job/xsuaqv7N15cSgO36Tc3m6I/

freshmanin83
    Participant

OK I find it strange that he is finishing out the season. It does not seem the players are playing for him or each other or for pride. Maybe a different face would help. Or it at least it sends the message if you mess up you are gone. Interim coach could say don’t play d I will set you on the pine might carry some weight then.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I love the standard denial. Always technically true, since it’s always a search firm talking to an agent.

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 251 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.