Your “Unbreak My Heart” Wake Forest Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Your “Unbreak My Heart” Wake Forest Open Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

The second thing you learn walking behind a Mule is that Mules and people got a lot in common.

gee – haw – gohead – moanback

which way do you go?
    #GottNothingLeft….

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    McCallum
    Participant

If they fire him I’ll eat those shoes I said I’d eat if State beat Clempson.

He isn’t going anywhere, mule or no mule.

McCallum

Rick
    Keymaster

McCallun,
    I an stating to believe you are wrong.
    And I will assume Gott is on the prowl again. He has no morals.

McCallum
    Participant

Me, wrong?

About what?

I figure he was always prowling, with his history there never was any reason to think State had hired the pope.

Morals ain’t part of the issue either. Just look over in Orange County and that will tell you what morals count for Rick.

State will keep him, State will always be true to its nature and that means losing, sucking and making bad choices.

McCallum

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Me, wrong?

About what?

I figure he was always prowling, with his history there never was any reason to think State had hired the pope.

Morals ain’t part of the issue either. Just look over in Orange County and that will tell you what morals count for Rick.

State will keep him, State will always be true to its nature and that means losing, sucking and making bad choices.

McCallum

I think State keeps him as well, Deb has already primed the pump by hyping up the sweet 16’s etc. However if what I heard last night is true then he is a dead man walking. Pretty much in line with what is posted above. Since Deb has already addressed this issue at least once and the couple it with the on court performance then she is not going to have a choice in the matter. Its like I told my guy last night, its almost like Gott is trying to get fired.

Which would sortof make sense on a weird level.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

….its almost like Gott is trying to get fired.

Which would sortof make sense on a weird level.

Coach has gott to be “terribly frustrated” with the way this season has gone… We all know we would be too….

A Man can’t tote but so much sh#t around in his head without either acting crazy, avoidance thru a “worthy distraction” or withdrawing from public into a depression of sorts, one of the three — depending on the Man.

There are good remedies in all three cases of “self-destructive behavior’, if and when the ‘victim of circumstances AND bad choices’ trusts and allows ‘other people’ to assist in recovery.
    But when that doesn’t work…

Coach ain’t locked himself in his office…
    Coach ain’t on the golf course with the Big Boys every day playing double rounds…
    What we see is what we GOTT.

So yes… IF the unsubstantiated rumors are True, this all makes perfect sense… to at least one Old Wolf…

After all is said and done, the Organization will do whats best for the Organization, not the ‘victim’… Organizations always do, sooner or later….

Fwiw… some of us have seen this before with Coaches… notably, back in the early nineties… and most of us Old Wolves have lived thru THIS in our own lives… which causes US Old Wolves to be slower and somewhat measured in our responses — something Young Wolves just can’t yet understand….

It’s not that we don’t get it… it’s that we got it at least one time and lived…

It’s all really sad… and really true…

Peace is what Everybody is looking for, whether they know it or not….

BJD95
    Keymaster

If that’s true, then he can take half his buyout and “retire for health reasons” rather than get fired for cause and have everyone get humiliated. Then Debbie can take half her buyout as well, and retire effective immediately.

Win/win situation.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

However if what I heard last night is true then he is a dead man walking.

What exactly did you hear? Sorry, I wasn’t active during the game last night, but I saw a few allusions to rumblings that no one really flat out explained.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I’ve gott this 100-150 year old live oak tree in backyard…
    that damn tree has seen a lot of things and is pretty damn wise…

On occasion… it’s whispers….

The Old Tree says that half of what BJD proposes in some form or another will be a Done Deal with no contingencies by noon tomorrow… but won’t be officially and publically “announced”, unless leaked, until after the ACC tourney…

Enjoy your Sunday afternoon… take a nap….

PackerInRussia
    Participant

The fiscally shrewd move would be to simply change the name on the jerseys from the Wolfpack to the Generals. Then there would be no misplaced expectations by the spectators as to the role the team in red is playing each game.

Gowolves
    Participant

I have heard this same rumor. I don’t want to believe Gott would do that. My uncle mentioned it to me and he lives up near Spruce Pone. He heard it around mid December.

Adventuroo
    Participant

I vote for the HARPER VALLEY VAGRANTS. Although the team is a product of the coaches.

At the Lady Pack VT game.

A D Yow NOT in attendance….Which is a rarity. Who knows. 50% is better than a court case and litigation.

BJD95
    Keymaster

50% is fair and reasonable. Plus his lawyer would have a waiver argument.

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K, indeed. Things have to get buttoned down, quick. Before our entire roster quits going to class and starts lining up transfer destinations.

WAY beyond “saving the season” now. As Mr. Lahey would say “The shit winds are blowin”

choppack1
    Participant

Apparently they blew last year so well.

Here’s a hint – when you are hanging on by a c hair, you usually end up losing your grip eventually.

And Bill – as a middle aged wolf, I tend to agree. However, some things should be sacred and some lines simply can’t be crossed and more successful coaches have been forced to resign for crossing them.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Also, I certainly don’t think “he was winning” ENOUGH to have that kind of repeat, blatant offender pass. That’s more of a “personal friend doing a personal favor” kind of thing, rather than “sell your soul” situational ethics.

He went on a couple of good tourney runs. That’s all. It’s not nothing, but tis hardly splitting the atom, now, is it??

Adventuroo
    Participant

Ladies up by 22 at halftime despite
    a foul issue.

Great crowd.

Some joy in Harper Valley.

MrPlywood
    Participant
    Adventuroo
    Participant

Ladies had an upper 20 point margin for most of the second half. Let it sag a little at the end. NEVER any doubt. Final was 85 – 71 over VA Tech. Ladies now 9 & 3 versus the REVERSE for the HVV.

Nice to see a WP team HUSTLE and ENJOY playing and work as a team. Nothing really outstanding….just shot above 50% and probably above 40% from 3 PT and over 70% from FT line. Out rebounded. Had less TO’s. God….what a formula for success.

Got to hear Old McDOnald and sing the Alma Mater. GOOD OUTING…They travel to BC on Thursday. BC down 59 to 37 against #12 Louisville with 4 to go. BC always gets really READY for State. Seen them come in and lead and then lose. BC coach has a LOT of enthusiasm….

StateRed44
    Participant

Lets see how ugly the taphole loss is. If we get beat by 30+ at home it should hasten the process.

McCallum
    Participant

The fiscally shrewd move would be to simply change the name on the jerseys from the Wolfpack to the Generals. Then there would be no misplaced expectations by the spectators as to the role the team in red is playing each game.

I’ve never seen a better analogy.

All this gossip is getting on my nerves about lover boy.

Stop throwing bait in the water and just spill the beans.

As for talking trees, does this gossip have anything to do with driving a nail through a 2×4 with ones phallus?

McCallum

freshmanin83
    Participant

Now, we’re not ones to go round spreadin’ rumors
    Why really, we’re just not the gossipy kind!
    Oh, you’ll never hear one of us repeating gossip!
    So you’d better be sure and listen close the first time.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Before our entire roster quits going to class and starts lining up transfer destinations.

Yep. So if something is in the works, do you whispers into the kids’ ears or what?

eas
    Participant

Good gosh can someone spill the beans already on the rumors? I mean they don’t have to be true (they are rumors) but if you know something say it. It’s not like you will be held accountable if you’re wrong?????

BJD95
    Keymaster

I would imagine they get told and it becomes something of an open secret. Which is dumb, you might as well just let Schroyer coach if that’s the case.

Even if you don’t tell ’em, they can work the rumor mill just as easily as we can.

IIRC, the team already knew that Lowe was gone with a few weeks left to play in his last season.

Adventuroo
    Participant

BJD95,

I don’t know about Lowe’s guys being told early. The meeting between Lowe & Yow took place on a Tuesday. Rumors flying on Monday. At the last minute, Yow pulled pin on Lowe’s radio show at Crabtree. It was always there and had a pro Lowe contingent. Moved to studio.

Yow commented that Sidney was such a gentleman and professional. She said he controlled the meeting and took a lot of stress out of it.

Who knows where the process is today. Her absence from Reynolds was very evident.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 184 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.