Your “Carolina Sucks” Game Thread.

Home Forums All StateFansNation Your “Carolina Sucks” Game Thread.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 388 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

I refuse to even flip over for the score any longer.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

and yes this is a TEAM game, not a one man show…
    If you GOTT the answer to my BB Trivia question, there’s the proof!

Best I can figure that would be…

Monte in February, 1973

In all fairness, Monte and his crew had already defeated the same Holes in the Big Four Tournament in Greensboro in December of 1972.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BassPacker
    Participant

This one is not on the coach. He can’t run the offense. Smith can and should. Disagree Troll, Smith came out forcing it. It became contagious, specially after the team saw Smith take a seat on the bench. Call it confidence or being cocky, Smith tried to be the game instead of bring the game. It will be a team loss.

Packzingo
    Participant

Dorn is still putting in some effort…
    DS will be fine in time but I assume the level of NBA talent will surpass the UNC crowd.

pakfanistan
    Participant

This one is not on the coach. He can’t run the offense. Smith can and should. Disagree Troll, Smith came out forcing it.

Disagree. We’ve apparently had no preparation against a pressure defense.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

I’m really glad I was out shopping at Trader Joe’s and missed the start of the game. Missed the entire first half, had a buddy clue me in on the score, and resolved to not watch the second. Glad I picked up some port and some porter.

I really wish I could be as optimistic as some of you, but I’m a realist. But can one of you tell me what to blame this on?

choppack1
    Participant

Anyone still feel like this is a good thing for the team to endure?

You know – if this were the first subpar performance, perhaps. This team has lost 3 times. In those 3 games, they beaten pretty handily.

I see in this game the drawbacks of gott ball on steroids. Poor defensive rotation, poor defensive rebounding, a lack of attention to detail in general – poor caddying.

Again, if we are a bubble team on selection Sunday with this roster, it’s not really acceptable. I guess our outlook would change long term if we were able to win an ACC tournament, but still…

Packzingo
    Participant

Another forced attempt…. he doesn’t understand yet he has teammates

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

This one is not on the coach. He can’t run the offense. Smith can and should. Disagree Troll, Smith came out forcing it. It became contagious, specially after the team saw Smith take a seat on the bench. Call it confidence or being cocky, Smith tried to be the game instead of bring the game. It will be a team loss.

That’s your opinion. And it’s wrong.

BJD95
    Keymaster

one could also note the lack of road games on our OOC schedule (outside the B1G challenge, where we got murdered), followed by getting crushed in our first two road ACC games.

Packzingo
    Participant

Wish hippo had ripped the basket down

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Hey guys… you’re both right…

Smith came out ‘jacked’ for his first game in the Dean Dome and met with Uncle Roy’s “CutTheHEADoffTheSnake” gameplan and did start forcing it on offense AND got caught with some fouls on defense…

Coach watched the whole thing from 20ft away.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Heelh8r
    Participant

But can one of you tell me what to blame this on?

That’s an easy one. They are better than we are. Doesn’t mean we might not beat them next time, but any observer can tell you they are better. We are not as loaded in talent as many of you seem to think. All you have to do is look.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Guys, like I said in the post…..Don’t get too upset about this game today.
    Yes, this was ugly today. Worse than I expected, if I’m being honest.
    But I did expect us to be all deer in the headlights today (well…last night).

We’ll get better. As bad as it feels right now, this game will help us down the road.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Fire someone? Worst of the worst. It’s on DSJ though, right?

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Guys, like I said in the post…..Don’t get too upset about this game today.
    Yes, this was ugly today. Worse than I expected, if I’m being honest.
    But I did expect us to be all deer in the headlights today (well…last night).

If you’re not upset about this game you’re not paying attention. We’re about to lose by 50 points. This isn’t a “growth” game.

JohnGalt78
    Participant

What is our worst loss in history, against any team?

Packzingo
    Participant

Nope not on DS….on the entire team

rthomas44
    Participant

When the team drops a game by 10 , it’s on the team. State is down by 42…. That is on Gott.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Sorry, but I don’t see Yurtle the turtle as a first round pick, and that’s not just based on today’s debacle.

BJD95
    Keymaster

The head coach is responsible for the program at this point. CLEARLY. Period, full stop.

You don’t need to get all micro about “fault.”

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Not surprised by this, tbh. Gott isn’t gonna cut it. The lack of defense, defensive rebounding, movement on offense in the Miami game was really eye-opening. I think I lost all hope of achieving anything during his tenure after that game. Despite all of our “talent”, our guys looked like they’d never seen a roundball before.

DSJ – 5 star, Fr
    Abu – 4 star, Jr
    Anya – 4 star, Sr
    Henderson – 3 star, Sr (redshirt, I think?)

I haven’t even gotten to Dorn, Johnson, Kapita, and Yurtseven. Sure, freshmen, guys who never played in the ACC before, yada yada. But so what? Doesn’t Cal do this every year? Doesn’t Coach K? Izzo? I’m not saying Gott wasn’t the right man at the time, but it was obvious after 2012, that something was amiss.

Packzingo
    Participant

Let’s face it, we have endured 20+ yrs as the abused step child and its not over!
    Definitely a problem at NCSU and it goes way beyond the arrs kicking today!!

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Some of y’all are absolutely delusional. This is clearly on Gott. Do not blame the players or their talent. That’s a copout, and a weak one at that. Hell, Brad Stevens could take this team to the Sweet 16 easy.

Heelh8r
    Participant

^Hahaha that’s my point. If you think we have anywhere near the talent of any of those teams, you are dreaming.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 388 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.