Your “Big Monday” Duke Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Your “Big Monday” Duke Open Thread

Viewing 8 posts - 301 through 308 (of 308 total)
  • Author
    McCallum
    Participant

I have some words for the team: do not collect your news clippings.

I most certainly wouldn’t keep the headlines about the 51 point whipping.

Or the BC clippings

Or the lucky sperm club streak breaker

McCallum

choppack1
    Participant

Thoughts on the game:
    Duke’s defensive style typically plays into our hands.
    The biggest difference between this Gott team and others is that this has turned it over a lot. They didn’t do that last night and that was key.
    For the most part we avoided stupid fouls.
    Perhaps the best fortune was that we got the lead late and that had a shock factor. We didn’t have that pressure long.
    As the last minute showed I am not sure how long we could have held on

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Is this the run Gott makes to save his job and hold us in limbo?
    Always glad to beat Duke.

Dear Lord I hope not but we’re NC State and this is exactly the type of cover the PTB always look for to do nothing.

Was our defense better or did they just miss open threes?

Joe Giglio tweeted: Duke got off 19 uncontested 3s against State and made only 5.

I think it’s fair to say they missed open threes. So no, our defense did not improve.

Rick
    Keymaster

Joe Giglio tweeted: Duke got off 19 uncontested 3s against State and made only 5.
    I think it’s fair to say they missed open threes. So no, our defense did not improve.

Over the years Duke has relied more and more on the three. When they are cold they can be beat if you limit their points from turnovers. Sounds like that is what happened.
    If the defense is still giving up a lot of open threes then don’t expect a run.

And yeah, I fear they will make any excuse to keep Gott even a flimsy one like “improvement”.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Evidently losing to State is the WORST!

Coach K bans team from locker room and wearing team gear

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^ Anybody else wonder why Coach Rat didn’t “ask” Coach Capel to deliver the “news” to the Dook players?

—————–

I know there’s more than a few ex-military guys and corporate types around here…
    so maybe I ought to also ask….

“What’s wrong with this picture?”

The BOSS walks in… Does NOT smile…. Looks around… Does NOT smile… Does NOT say ‘Good Morning’ or ‘How’s everybody doing?”… but instead says…

I’m not getting what the F*CK I WANT around here!

So, it’s simple… DO YOUR DAMN JOBS!
    or
    all Ya’ll can GO HOME!! I don’t CARE.
    THAT’s ALL up to YOU!!

THEN HR calls and tells the Boss… they GOTT to work overtime ’cause their office is full of folks who GOTT their feeling hurt….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    gso packbacker
    Participant

Evidently losing to State is the WORST!

Coach K bans team from locker room and wearing team gear

Yawn! While I appreciate his seemingly old-school tactics here, it’s not like they have a home game within the next week.

Inconvenient for sure, but I’d like to see him do that for a home game.

Call me cynical, but it seems a bit like another Grayson Allen “indefinite suspension” to me.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Let’s see…..I think I see a few similarities.

Boss gets hacked. Does not like job or results of subordinate(s). Tweets furiously in middle of night. Calls in staff to chew them out. Revokes privileges. Only thing missing is that team has to wear a Scarlet (as in NCSU RED) L at all times.

Bosses are about 70. Bosses are high earners….one is Billionaire. Other earns almost TWICE what any of his peers (College coaches….FB or BB) earns.

Both are defiant….one has a Military Background and his Mentor LOVES the OTHER BOSS. Secretly, some believe that one boss actually DOES have his counterpart’s Make America Great Again Red hat….except it is a Custom one in Dark Blue with White stitching.

Both feel that their “team” has not lived up to their full potential and that they need to have micromanagement to achieve their goals.

I wonder if BOTH of them have ever studied and read about Jimmy V and how he could “mesmerize” a crowd or figure out how to fix things or manage his resources as the “Game” evolved?

Looks like a perfect opportunity for Grayson Allen to rise to the top and become the leader who salvaged the season so that he DOES get all his perceived Pre-Season honors.

If you look back in history, the young Allen has a certain “Fletcher Christian” swagger about him. Coach K is becoming more of a Captain William Bligh. Ever wonder WHY the laddies rallied around Mr. Bligh?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutiny_on_the_Bounty

The first paragraph makes it clear…..the laddies did NOT want to march to the beat of Captain Bligh’s drum. They were like many of the so called “Enlightened Ones” of today. Sort of like the Grasshopper’s. Live life to the fullest and let others pay for your pleasures and then threaten and demand “entitlements” to sustain your lifestyle….while never contributing to the community bounty.

Mikey and The Donald…..probably would NEVER admit their similarities….but, to me, there are many.

I DO Predict that Captain Bligh, as in the eventual outcome, will prevail. Note, Wiki says the “Enlightened Historians” are rewriting the events. Wonderful….since there were Star Trek “videos” of the entire event, I KNOW that they will get it right….This Time….

Viewing 8 posts - 301 through 308 (of 308 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.