Yes, Tomorrow Is Very Important

Home Forums All StateFansNation Yes, Tomorrow Is Very Important

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    tractor57
    Participant

A a fan I’m hoping for a competitive game. As a Pack fan I’m hoping to crush them.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Mr. Dog…

What’s Alpha’s address?

Pop!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheCOWDOG

^
    What? You didn’t get the E-mail?

Pop! Pop!

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Alright boys. I’m going to brew up a batch of Wolfpack Red — a red ale — and open up the house later this summer. Plus toss a couple pork shoulders into the smoker. Gotta have something to chew on too.

If I didn’t have relatives coming in for two weeks and changing jobs the day after they leave, I’d invite y’all tomorrow. I’m in a pretty good mood over the job change. I’m going from a Fortune 20 company to one with 100 employees. That’s what I call a step up…I won’t be a fungible line item on a churn spreadsheet any more.

We’ve talked about an SFN party for ten years, so it’s time we actually went through with it.

choppack1
    Participant

Consider me inspired and motivated…I am going to homebrew after I have about a case of San Miguel.

13OT
    Participant

Philippine delight.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Even more importantly the heels are gone and we have to go further than them. Sure that would devastate them. Go Pack!!!!!

BJD95
    Keymaster

They would pretend it didn’t, but we would know better. ONE MORE ROUND!!

choppack1
    Participant

Fun to watch this stainback kid.

dthompson44
    Participant

Stainbrook: “YMCA Guy”.

But he can play.

Prowling Woofie
    Participant

Uber driver…

Spike
    Participant

I was born at the end of August in ’82 before the Pack won the national championship in ’83. My son was born at the end of August last year. What I would give to have history repeat itself.

Since74
    Participant

“Ok, listen up.
    This is what we’re gonna do when Lorenzo hits these free throws …”

choppack1
    Participant

Just some random notes for anyone who still believes that 83 team was a group if underdogs.

Their rpi that year was #3 – better than Houston’s.
    Whitt missed a critical spot of the season with a broken foot.
    The frontline: 6-11, 6-7 and 6-11.

For much of the game v went with a 3 guard line-up…but thurl Bailey made that team versatile.

tractor57
    Participant

Yes Chop the accepted view is they were the most underdog of underdogs – and V’s public statements fed into that. You can bet he did not say that to the team in private. The regular season was righted a bit by Ernie Meyers. He almost beat the Tiggers by himself. I was there in Littlejohn and saw most of the game (sitting in end zone seats with an obstructed view of the near baseline). Actually a pretty solid team.

BJD95
    Keymaster

That’s the first I heard of the RPI tidbit. Very cool.

My favorite anecdote to relate is that we played ’em again in 1983-84 (one of those season opener “challenge” games) – and won AGAIN.

44rules
    Participant

Yeah, that challenge game against Houston in the 83-84 season was the debut of Spud Webb to Lorenzo Charles. Loved it.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Texpack
    Participant

Just some random notes for anyone who still believes that 83 team was a group if underdogs.

Their rpi that year was #3 – better than Houston’s.
    Whitt missed a critical spot of the season with a broken foot.
    The frontline: 6-11, 6-7 and 6-11.

For much of the game v went with a 3 guard line-up…but thurl Bailey made that team versatile.

I believe that number is a post tournament RPI, but it still shows that the ’83 team wasn’t one that came out of nowhere. Without Whitt’s injury, instead of 17-10, that team would have won 3-4 more games and been a 3 seed.

The only bad juju from the ’83 season was that that team lost at Louisville.

The game tonight makes me incredibly nervous. I’m just glad we play early. If I had to wait for the late tip, I’d be a basket case.

RaisedByWolves
    Participant

State/UNC Sweet 16 worst case scenario averted:

(We win/they lose) > (We win/they win) > (We lose/they lose) > (We lose/they win)

Go Pack!

NCSU84
    Participant

But in fairness, the 84 Houston team was a totally different team (Drexler left for the NBA). For that matter, we were a different team in 84 as well. My point being that to compare the 83 game to the 84 challenge game is like comparing apples to oranges. On the other hand, this Louisville team has the same team composition that we faced earlier in the year. They are a better team now – but so are we. Should be a classic – can’t wait.

Wufpacker
    Participant

State/UNC Sweet 16 worst case scenario averted:

(We win/they lose) > (We win/they win) > (We lose/they lose) > (We lose/they win)

Go Pack!

Part of me really wanted to play them in the finals.

chiropacker
    Participant

SUPERSTITIONS…received my new red jersey in the mail about a month ago but left tags on until the LSU game where it made its debut…wore same red jersey, same jogging pants, same socks for Villanova game. This outfit has not been washed since first worn and have not shaved since before LSU game. Would love to watch game with my dad but I’ve watched first two games by myself with 1 year old asleep and wife in and out of living room (a good wife knows not to think about interrupting during game) Will be watching alone again for the sake of the Pack. Plus that jersey is starting to smell so nobody would come over anyways

GO PACK!

redisgood
    Participant

Now today is very important. Tomorrow will just be plain old Saturday. But tomorrow, tomorrow will be very important.

packof81
    Participant

I was at State between the 2 championships. I feel like this season may herald a return to those heady days. It’s our turn to shine again.

Go pack!

4in12
    Participant

I still think that Whit’s injury was a benefit in disguise. The open playing time was spread around and we ended up with a more experienced/deeper bench. Ask Terry Gannon what he thinks.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.