WTH Does Clemson Have To Do With…

Home Forums All StateFansNation WTH Does Clemson Have To Do With…

Viewing 21 posts - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    MISTA WOLF
    Participant

On to Clemson and Death Valley, a place to where I will not return after 2008 and the most bizarre episode of my entire life. Let’s just say that it involved a well-known Alum, the Esso Club, a handgun, and whatever someone put in my drink.

This had me rolling. Very Hunter S. Thompson.

Texpack
    Participant

Just curious if the ABC promos for the game running in Raleigh are all Klempsun like the ones here? You don’t even know we are playing until the graphic at the end of the commercial. Even as badly as I think we will get beat, it triggers my disrespected gene.

I always remember 1979 in Death Valley when a rather porous Pack defense stopped the Tiggers on downs from inside the two with under 3 minutes to go. I watched that one from the Klempsun student section with a good friend from HS. The cheerleaders fired the cannon after the fourth down attempt thinking the Tiggers had scored, but when I saw Mike Nall #13 running off the field pumping his fist in the air I knew we had pulled it off. Chance of a repeat performance today are about 2.63%. I’m hoping we compete well enough to believe we can beat Louisville next week. After watching Dook, we can beat the Cards.

Pack78
    Participant

This had me rolling. Very Hunter S. Thompson.

GSO-Did it include having a head full of mescaline and zooming around in the cockpit of a plane like a giant Condor?

Primewolf
    Participant

Cow man, love your posts, if I only understood them. Lol

I don’t think the Klem will be overlooking us and I fear we won’t play that well following an emotional-Matthew-laden victory.

Nevertheless, our Dline is tough and maybe our homeless looking D Coordinator ain’t as dumb as I have been scribing over the years. I’ve even seen some effective blitzes once in a blue moon.

I tend to drink less since we have a new O Cordinator. You know, more rational play design and play calling and less ADD type stuff out of nowhere.

Anyway, Sitting in the well-covered Dail club last week and sipping a beer watching the ongoings last weekend was classic and peaceful. I like the ongoing experiment.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Line moved two whole points to a -19.5 Clemson fav. It’ll truly be Festivus miracle if we pull this one out and would be HUGE for the program… look at me.. pathetic.. they’ve sucked me in.

BassPacker
    Participant

Clemson has won 44 straight games over unranked teams. The last team to beat them….???? NC State. It can happen. Like someone said, we will know early. If they come out with that deer in the headlights look, well, mark us as #45. We need to take Dook game plan last nite against Louisville….play ball control if possible. Use up the clock with long drives. Easier said than done but our best defense will be keeping Clemson offense off the field. Go Pack !!

YogiNC
    Participant

AT, you’re beginning to sound like a politician. Should you change your handle to waffle cone? Raise a toast to 5 -1, 2 – 0 and top of the division. C’mon, give it a try.

Smarter than the average bear

Fastback68
    Participant

That’s a lot of coin tonnage to move it 3.5 in 5 days. Should have gone to Vegas for car auction and sports book.

wolf71
    Participant

Time to fire Doeren. Should have run one more play before fg attempt. At this point, if you don’t have a kicker, it’s time to go!

mak4dpak
    Participant

Played the #3 team in the country on their homecoming, and had our chances. Fire the Coach? Are you serious? Nobody gave us a chance, and just quite laughable at the expert score predictions. The coach can’t kick FGS, both losses on Bambard, and his inability to make FGS in crunch time. Hero to zero. Not the coach. But thankfully Yow won’t be having any thought of firing Doeren. Bambard missed 3 FGs in the game.

mak4dpak
    Participant

And if Clemson is the best we play, then we have every chance in the world to win out, and have 2 losses for the season, where could have easily won, and be undefeated. But 2 losses would still be a great season, and great bowl game. The coastal division just sucks.

mak4dpak
    Participant

And if Clemson is the best we play, then we have every chance in the world to win out, and have 2 losses for the season, where we could have easily won, and be undefeated. But 2 losses would still be a great season, and great bowl game. The coastal division just sucks. And please give us a blog on the game, the guys played pretty darn well, and deserve praise for their efforts, especially the defense, don’t stay in hiding because it wasn’t the blowout predicted by most here. And yes I was in Death Valley for the game. Disappointed, but never the less proud, of the team.

wufmomma
    Participant

Agree with mak4dpak – disappointed, but never the less proud of the team. As far as screaming about the kicker – there is more to the execution of a kick than just the guy kicking the ball – seems to me we have someone that snaps the ball, someone that holds the ball, someone that kicks the ball – if just one of those elements is off – then there is a good chance we miss.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Perhaps it could be special teams, with the kicking game, but still feel Bambard has issues, when the pressure is on to make it. And if so, he has got to stop feeding off the fear. We all know he is capable, and even had the distance yesterday. If we pull it out next week, hoping the kicking game gets us there. The Clemson fans had started leaving at the end of regulation, but the loud cheer after the miss, sent them running back. Still frustrated with the turn of events. We have to use our performance yesterday, to build on, and send the Cards to defeat. We can do it. Just as I had faith in the team yesterday, and never predicted a lopsided loss, like many just knew was a given, even on television.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Perhaps this time around we should save all the negativity toward the coach and team, and wait til after the Louisville game. Still amazed at the numerous doubters who never gave us a chance vs Clemson. But since there is no blog, guess the team doesn’t deserve any praise for their efforts in the homecoming game in clemson.

McCallum
    Participant

I never gave them a chance for good reason.

McCallum

mak4dpak
    Participant

Guess Bambard saved you from having to eat a pair of new balance shoes, huh?

highstick
    Participant

It’s always fun to read how much some of you folks think of Clempson!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Stick… you’re ’bout four days late to the party…
    you been cheating on us?

The answer is probably “Yes”.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Greywolf
    Participant

NOW, if any of you think State has a rat’s ass chance in hell of beating ClemPson then you are more insane than I am. Their defensive line will eat up State’s front, their wide outs will gain space and allow Deyshawn to do most whatever he wants to do.

You’ve been reading too much of TheAliasTroll’s crap… or maybe your own. 😉

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I’m predicting we won’t hear from Greywolf for weeks after Saturday.

Viewing 21 posts - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.