Wolfpack Baseball Headed to Fort Worth

Home Forums All StateFansNation Wolfpack Baseball Headed to Fort Worth

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    PackerInRussia
    Participant

Spelling Nazis

golf76
    Participant

FIFA hit with “lack of institutional control” by NCAA.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Question for the DirecTv folks. At home I have TWC, but on the road, DirecTV HD. From what I gather, Friday’s game will be on ESPN3….which is, I think, the Internet version.

ESPNU is doing “bases loaded” and will whip around all the games.

Is there a DirecTV channel that WILL carry the Friday’s game….or is it ESPNU or the Internet?

Thanks,

13OT
    Participant

I’ve had DirecTV for years, but don’t ever remember them setting aside extra free channels like they do for the major PGA events or the major tennis events.

I saw a tv schedule for the regionals and not one of the games appeared listed on anything but ESPN3.

I’m not very computer or internet savvy, but it looks like ESPN3 might as well be like ESPNU was for years- Unavailable.

ESPN ought to rename ESPNU as ESPN3, and simply quit trying to make these ESPN “3” games appear to be available. If it’s not on DirecTV, chances are that it’s not on tv anywhere, unless perhaps you pay someone extra $$ to get it on the internet.

I don’t know what this Charter-TWC marriage will bring, but it probably won’t be good news. I use TWC for internet and phone, but refuse to complete the bundle with their cable. I do like to watch MLB and giving up DirecTV and switching to TWC would, for starters, cost me over 300 Orioles-Nationals games, which wouldn’t be available even on the MLB Package offered by TWC. Maybe Charter can settle with MASN to get these two teams on area TWC cable. Maybe not.

I’m as old-school as they come. I use a rooftop antenna for my local channels, which gets me all the over-the-air channels in the Triangle and Triad (most which aren’t available on satellite like ME TV), and still have a tube tv, a Sony 34″ XBR, which is a wide screen and to me the still the best HD tv I’ve seen. But as I get older, the screen seems to get smaller. A 52″ UHD tv is in my future, and it will be financed by not buying season football tickets this year.

Go Pack!

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ As of 2 or 3 months ago, ESPN3 is available to DirecTV subscribers.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Wufpacker

Don’t argue that…..I can not find the channel listing and when I search espn3 on the DirecTV site, it comes up empty handed.

If someone could post the DirecTV channel number for Friday’s game, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

13OT
    Participant

I’m not familiar with ESPN3 being available to me on DirecTV, although it may well be. I don’t subscribe to any of their extra pay/premium packages.

I just checked the grid for upcoming sports programs and could find only the ongoing French Open extra channels, an upcoming PGA event, and the usual MLB games on the MLB pay package. There appears to be nothing else. Since ESPN has taken control of most college sports, the regional Fox sports cable affiliates are no longer showing any significant games involving (at least) the “power” conferences.

I don’t have an ax to grind with ESPN, but it seems to me that the more they control sports coverage, the less choices we subscribers have. The fact that ESPNU can “whiparound” all the games this weekend tells me that if it were allowed, subscribers could access any of these games they desired, at least pay-wise. But politics, as usual, seems to be in control. Almost every game out there, as well as any station in the USA, is on satellite. Why is it that I’m prevented from getting something I’m willing to pay extra for, when it’s available at the push of a button? Why is it that if I want to watch, say, a CBS affiliate in NYC or LA, the local CBS affiliate says I can’t, even when they pre-empt CBS programming during that time?

So, as far as I can tell, there is no DirecTV channel this weekend, or at least for Friday, that will carry the State-SB game, or any of the others, except ESPNU’s “whiparound” coverage.

WolftownVA81
    Participant

If you have a laptop, or computer that is close to your TV, try going to the ESPN3 site first then it should prompt you as to which cable service you have. I have Dish TV and except for the slow speed, due to being satellite internet, it works ok. Just connect your computer to the TV with a RGB cable once you have it over the internet. You will have to change your input source on the TV which is typically done with the buttons on the side of screen.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Wufpacker

Don’t argue that…..I can not find the channel listing and when I search espn3 on the DirecTV site, it comes up empty handed.

If someone could post the DirecTV channel number for Friday’s game, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

There is no actual channel on your TV that I know of that is carrying our game other than the occasional update on the ESPNU whiparound.

As WolftownVA81 alluded to above, you won’t find the ESPN3 programming on channels on your cable/satellite system. It is available to subscribers of certain cable/satellite providers, but it is a streaming video website. Typically, whatever login you use for your provider’s website is the same login you use to access ESPN3 or WatchESPN (which is the mobile app version to watch ESPN3 and other ESPN programming). If you’ve never gone to your provider’s website to start an online account/login, then you likely will need to do that first.

As 81 has said, when you go to the ESPN3 website it will ask you which provider you use…I know DirecTV is in the mix. Pretty sure TWC is as well. Beyond that, Cox Cable in Arizona is the only other one I know for sure that has access, but I think most of the bigger ones do.

And again, hat tip to 81, because you can generally use any one of an RGB, HDMI or even a VGA cable to route it to your bigger TV from a laptop, depending on your computer’s external capabilities/jacks.

It really is easier than it sounds.

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.