When Hell Freezes Over….

Home Forums All StateFansNation When Hell Freezes Over….

Tagged: ,

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ok.. so we GOTT us a “little ice storm” down here and it’s headed to the Triangle…

It’s not Friday ….
    but I’m wondering if our friends over in Orange County are thinking today could be “the day” ???

Holler back on that if you’re stuck inside and bored Sh%tless….

… and our kids did good last night ! Maybe it’s all coming together for them as a team.

@Wulfpacker
    …. how’s your head this am ? is it big as that orange ??

@cowdog
    … we missed your wit and insight last night on the Wake game thread….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

this global warming sure is cold

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^what we read and hear about global warming…
    is a lot like the “information” that flows freely from the Hole…
    90% political spin based on 10% facts…

TheCOWDOG

Bill.. I’ve been doomsday prepping. Started last night with hauling the
    .50 caliber to the front porch.

Pompous MF’rs like me are not allowed in game threads.

BTW…not to insult anyone’s intelligence, but this is a good ol’ snowfall right now. Can’t wait for the ice …yee ha!

Might get to shoot that big assed gun!!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^You are so allowed … we’re all State brethren 🙂

Disagreements happen, just like snow and ice hahaha

SqlWolf
    Participant

this global warming sure is cold

^what we read and hear about global warming…<br>
    is a lot like the “information” that flows freely from the Hole…<br>
    90% political spin based on 10% facts…

I am sure cooler heads will eventually prevail.
    However, I must reiterate…
    Local weather events cannot be attributed to (or used as arguments against) larger/global climate trends.

In the meantime, I plan to enjoy our chilly and snowy weather as long as the power doesn’t go out.

Stay safe everybody.

TheCOWDOG

My California peeps that haven’t seen snow or rain for about forever have a little bit of a different take on the climate deal.

For an ol’ Buffalo boy, this is Mom and apple pie.

If I see one more deer come out of the woods, I’m gonna click off a test round for range. That way when the power goes off, I’ll be able to go on sound…since I won’t be able to ID my target.

tjfoose1
    Participant

^^ Totally agree. Just like 20 year “trends” that leveled out 10 years ago shouldn’t be used to make global projections with complete indifference to 10’s of thousands of years of climate change patterns.

highstick
    Participant

50 cal, Dog? What you huntin’ that’s in season????

I thought this thread was gonna be about Henley, Frey, and the rest of the Eagles!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Local weather events cannot be attributed to (or used as arguments against) larger/global climate trends.

You make sure to relay that to Al Gore and the media come July.

50 cal, Dog? What you huntin’ that’s in season????

I know right.. a 50 caliber??? lol that is fitting I reckon.

pakfanistan
    Participant

^^ Totally agree. Just like 20 year “trends” that leveled out 10 years ago shouldn’t be used to make global projections with complete indifference to 10?s of thousands of years of climate change patterns.

That’s false. Like, not just part of it, all of it

tractor57
    Participant

So did the hole freeze over?

Wufpacker
    Participant

@Wulfpacker…. how’s your head this am ? is it big as that orange ??

Hmmmmm….what are you implying there bill?????

‘Cuse goes down Saturday….we are their WTF trap game after expending emotional energy on the road and barely surviving vs Pitt. 😉

tjfoose1
    Participant

That’s false. Like, not just part of it, all of it

Right. Because everyone knows the earth has always been at a constant temperature, north Africa was always a desert, ice ages never happened, there was no land bridge between Asia and North America, and archaeologists are lying about the ancient cities currently under water that they claim were built when the ocean levels were lower.

Mars was warming during the 90’s. It’s ice cap was shrinking. I’m pretty sure that wasn’t due to Anthropomorphic increases in CO2. The earth has a cycle of warming and cooling periods, influenced and interrupted by, among other things, cycles of the sun, volcanic activity, and ocean currents and salinity. The earth is technically still on the back side of an ice age.

But no surprise that you’d interject a pompous, priggish comment dripping with douchebaggery.

tjfoose1
    Participant

‘Cuse goes down Saturday….we are their WTF trap game after expending emotional energy on the road and barely surviving vs Pitt.

I’ll take it.

pakfanistan
    Participant

But no surprise that you’d interject a pompous, priggish comment dripping with douchebaggery.

I was trying to put it in a language you would understand.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Mars was warming during the 90?s. It’s ice cap was shrinking.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warming-on-mars.htm

The earth has a cycle of warming and cooling periods, influenced and interrupted by, among other things, cycles of the sun, volcanic activity, and ocean currents and salinity.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warming-natural-cycle.htm

The earth is technically still on the back side of an ice age.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/coming-out-of-little-ice-age.htm

I find it hilarious that you think that 97% of climate scientists are just choosing to ignore ‘natural cycles’. And also a little sad.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

ok… snow ain’t nothing much to worry but 12 hrs of freezing rain is another story…

no power since 2pm here yesterday… could be tomorrow before it’s restored…

only 20,000 other folks in town just like me…. was 60,000 yesterday pm…

—————

Mr. Dog… what you GOTT in your front yard that it would take a 50 cal to stop ???
    all you need is a BB gun .. in case Uncle Roy drops by…

————–

Speaking of Uncle Roy…
    I’m hearing too versions of last night’s story…

1, Dook chickened out and is playing the weather to their advantage…

2, Holes chickened out because their normally rowdy fans couldn’t get to the Dome…

Either way… /dumbbA%%dickie ain’t leaving town for a week now… and that should be alot of fun for the Holes….

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

pakfanistan, you should send a paypal donation to that rinky dink site you posted as I see that the single author of that 90’s style website is begging for them on there.. then maybe he can afford to have it look less like something created by a cult leader.

YogiNC
    Participant

MAYBE when someone can present a credible study with ACTUAL FACTUAL data (not screwed the pooch data like has been used before) then it can become fact. Until then it is what it has been, SPECULATION. Me personally, I’m with foose, we’re just one the downslope from an ice age. Normal cyclical stuff. Ebb and flow. Ying and Yang. Last summer was the coolest I can remember, and rainiest, in a long long time. So far this winter has been brutal for us but I also remember the winter of 71 when we had a two week stretch when it didn’t get above freezing AT ALL. So what does that say about global warming in my mind… its all anecdotal near term data. NO ONE has presented CREDIBLE FACTUAL DATA!!!! LONG TERM (greater than 100 years) DATA. For a planet that has been in existence for 4.5 BILLION years (yep 10, count them, figures, but much less than the debt Obama has added just in the last month) data for 100 years is a very short glimpse but I’d take it. All it would take is one good volcano explosion to drop our temperature 3 degrees for a year or more. I’d prefer that volcano be one outside the US. Yellowstone could screw us big time.

Smarter than the average bear

pakfanistan
    Participant

pakfanistan, you should send a paypal donation to that rinky dink site you posted as I see that the single author of that 90?s style website is begging for them on there.. then maybe he can afford to have it look less like something created by a cult leader.

I posted it because it had a LOT of information. I’m sorry it doesn’t meet your standards. Why don’t you provide links to alGoreIsTotallyWrongCauseItSnowedOneTime.blogspot.com or wherever you’re getting your information.

Here are some different links for you.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn14527-climate-myths-global-warming-stopped-in-1998.html#.Uv0yzUJdX08
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11642-climate-myths-mars-and-pluto-are-warming-too.html#.Uv0yKkJdX08
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11645-climate-myths-we-are-simply-recovering-from-the-little-ice-age.html#.Uv0yYEJdX08
    http://arstechnica.com/science/2014/01/an-insiders-story-of-the-global-attack-on-climate-science/
    http://arstechnica.com/science/2014/01/three-arguments-about-climate-change-that-should-never-be-used/

MAYBE when someone can present a credible study with ACTUAL FACTUAL data (not screwed the pooch data like has been used before) then it can become fact…Last summer was the coolest I can remember, and rainiest, in a long long time. So far this winter has been brutal for us but I also remember the winter of 71 when we had a two week stretch when it didn’t get above freezing AT ALL.

So all the data collected so far hasn’t be actual or factual? Seriously, what kind of ‘data’ do you want? It was cold last summer. There’s your anecdotal ‘data’.

Temperature anomalies.
    Reconstructed temps.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

pakfanistan my best suggestion to you is to quit using aerosol cans since this has gotten you in such a tizzy

Call the electric company and tell them you want your power turned off because your scared of drowning in the rising seas.

YogiNC
    Participant

I see cyclical data. Like I said MORE than 100 years. MUCH more. You have less than 100 years of instrumented data and even with that it isn’t mean instrumented temperature of the whole earth. Oh and BTW, most of the data before 1900 is extrapolated data from other methods which is all over the place. One of my favorite sayings is “Statistics lie”. The actual meaning of that is anyone can form a paradigm with statistics that prove whatever they want it to prove. The difficulty is NO ONE can produce statistical means for determining earth temperature for the last say 1000 years because there are too many variables which can affect mean worldwide temperature. The fact that we experienced an ice age from 110,000 to 12,000 years ago. If you really want to talk about global warming how about looking at the data from when the ice age ended and what caused it to end. The fact is the earth has gone through cycles from ice ages to being almost completely arid many times, the causes of which HAVE NEVER DEPENDED ON SOMETHING MAN DID, because man did wasn’t around then. Current conditions and causal effects may have nothing to do with ozone gases or any other man made catastrophe that you can dream up. I’m sorry but Al Gore just wanted to make a buck, and he did. The man with the carbon footprint 10 times larger than the average American and 50 times larger than the average human being is a sham.

pakfanistan
    Participant

pakfanistan my best suggestion to you is to quit using aerosol cans since this has gotten you in such a tizzy

Call the electric company and tell them you want your power turned off because your scared of drowning in the rising seas.

1) Aerosol cans were using cloroflourocarbon propellants, which were wrecking the ozone layer, which allowed greater UV penetration, which is bad for us. CFCs have been phased out anyway, so regardless of the fact that they’re not contributing significantly to climate change, they’re a non-issue.

2) My power comes from nuclear so no risks there.

YogiNC
    Participant

Sorry pak, wrong again, your power comes from the grid. The grid gets its power from every collective power source in the US of which only 19 percent is nuclear. Almost 70 percent is fossil fuels with coal being the highest at almost 45 percent. Just because you live near a nuclear power plant does not mean your get your power from it. It’s the way the power grid works.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.