Weekend Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Weekend Open Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    redcanine
    Participant

I can’t get over how many white kids are on the court right now. Wichita St v Northern Ireland

BJD95
    Keymaster

Everton getting soooooo unlucky in the 84th minute. Still 1-nil to the good, but nervy as hell.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Hahahaha a Cheats player fouled out in regulation. The eighth wonder of the world.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Woohoo! All three to the Toffees!!! About f-ing time. Maybe I don’t have to dread the Merseyside Derby after all, eh Charger? Hee hee.

charger17
    Participant

Ha, who knows what’ll happen when we go to Goodison!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Paige doesn’t airball potential game winning shots against us

Texpack
    Participant

I have NEVER seen a defender hedge back-to-back ball screens by throwing his hip into the dribbler enough to re-direct him without a foul call. Somebody mentioned last week that Meeks had achieved Psycho T status with the refs. You’ll never make a better case for that than the sequence above.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Big time win for Pitino and the Cards.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Roy’s post-game press conference:

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ok…

so today we’ve seen…

Wichita State lose to North IOWA… first loss for the Shockers in 27 games…
    (I didn’t know that Iowa was big enough to have a Northern and Southern )…

unranked Pitt beat #8 Notre Dame…

and the mighty Holes choke an 18 point lead to lose by 10 to Da Ville …
    (Holes scored 25 points in the last 23 minutes of that one and were called for 33 fouls compared to 16 for the Cards… )

ALL of which should put the Pack’s not-so-unexplainable, recent Ups and Downs in good perspective for everyone – except the most pessimistic of the lunatic fringe…
    (you know who you are…)

Say what you want…
    Nobody can call our kids – quitters…
    and our Coaches aren’t perfect but they are as good as any in the conference… except maybe one.. and we beat him and his kids two weeks ago…
    (if YKWYA wants to challenge me on that.. Go For IT!… ’cause I’m in the mood… )

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Iowa has 56k square miles and NC 52k. Having been out that way before, it is a pretty big state. Northern Iowa is ranked 18th in the country at 18-2, so not a huge “Shocker”.

Losing leads happens in basketball. But we seem to have caught a bad spell where it has become the norm.

No quitters on the Pack. It’s nice to see.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Duke and UVA – what a total shitshow of a viewing experience this is. Kentucky is not impressed.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Having driven from Raleigh to Chicago, then Chicago to Denver, I learned a few things.

1) Nebraska is as dull as it is loooooonnnnnggggg

2) Iowa and Indiana smell like hogshit, pretty much from bow to stern.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I’ve set foot in 33 states, but unfortunately Iowa isn’t one of them…
    Of course… if I had been close enough… I would have done it, just to add them to my list..

I spent a week in LaCrosse Wisconsin one time… drove across the Mississippi River twice just so I could put Minnesota on my list…

Iowa has 3 million people more or less which is less than one third of the population of North Carolina…

Anybody wonder if the ‘relationship’ between the University of Iowa, it’s land grant little brother Iowa State and the regional UofI regional schools is anything like that of the Holes, the Pack and the Pierates…??

Wulfpack
    Participant

UVA not playing their game and only down 1 at the break.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Nebraska is as dull as it is loooooonnnnnggggg

redcanine
    Participant

Your name is “Tobey”! … Mike Tobey, that is.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Cavs going according to script. Man are they solid.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Your name is “Tobey”! … Mike Tobey, that is.

Hee hee, I think the same thing every time I hear his name called.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^speaking of being depressed…

Uncle Roy’s on the plane coming back from Louisville now and he’s trying to figure out how to get his kids who quit around the 10 minute mark of the second half today — Eric Montrose’s choice of words, not mine — back up and ready to play these WaHoos Monday night…

that’s a sh#tty stick to handle if there ever was one…

————

Dookies are really missing Rasheed tonight…

Heelh8r
    Participant

and our Coaches aren’t perfect but they are as good as any in the conference… except maybe one.. and we beat him and his kids two weeks ago…

I like your point and agree but I might have to give a nod toward Tony Bennett also. He may be another Coach K.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Dirty play by Winslow – and costly. Good on Anderson for not giving him a Laettner stomp.

Wulfpack
    Participant

He may be another Coach K.

More like an Izzo.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Bennett definitely bring the best and the beast out of his kids and you know you got a fight on your hands every time you play him…
    But I can not name any conference coach who is looking past us to the next game either…

It would be interesting to see what Bennett could do at another school whose ‘culture’ an recruiting limitations was polar opposite of Mr. Jefferson’s school…

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Duke won’t go away … hitting some huge shots

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.