Weekend Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Weekend Open Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

Big day today – lots of good games.

If the Pack continues their slide, there’ at least some good games to help take the mind in a different direction.

ACC Weekend schedule – highlighted by Virginia Tech @ Wake Forest (*snicker* – that was a low blow, but I’m ornery since State has been sucking)

I’ll put up a Super Bowl thread tomorrow.

Enjoy.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Pitt over Notre Dame … after they just lost to Virginia Tech.

I would’ve lost money on this game.

Wulfpack
    Participant

As much as I don’t like the Irish, I would have rather seen them win that one. Pitt is right on us in the standings. Clemson has moved ahead of us by a half game with their win. We have the head to head over Pitt and the much better resume over them and Clemson. I can’t see any of the bottom five making a run.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^As far as our resume, Richmond has a very real shot to win at VCU. Up 4 with about 6:30 to go – have controlled the 2nd half.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Forget what I said about Pitt. Their next five (after a silly game against Bryant) are murderous. They are toast.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Go Cards. And Go Cavs.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Hahaha playing Bryant at this point in the schedule is idiotic. It’s reminiscent of Sidney scheduling NCCU in the middle of ACC play.

Fastback68
    Participant

Really? Pitt beat ND. Is the ACC going to flame out in the ncaat?

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Really? Pitt beat ND. Is the ACC going to flame out in the ncaat?

I think ND is a great candidate for just that.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Spiders get it done at VCU

Fastback68
    Participant

WP76 – if UVA is the best the ACC has to offer than the league is pretty lame. I don’t watch the other conferences so admittedly I could be way off. 4 or 5 ACC teams in the top ten probably makes me dead wrong if the experts are right.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^No dominant team, that’s for sure. UVa is tremendous, but I have a hard time seeing them avoiding a bad match-up all the way to a Final Four – like facing Louisville in the Sweet 16 last season.

Speaking of Louisville, ‘Miami’ Rick Pitino rolls out the all white suit for the ‘white-out’ against the Holes.

Wulfpack
    Participant

It was Michigan State that beat UVA last tourney. Tough match up.

UVA is the team, until someone knocks them off. Won both titles last year and on their way this year. They are masters at dictating the game the way they want it played. And Bennett has recruited the perfect team to get that done. Total buy-in.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Thank you.

Oops. Brain no worky

Wulfpack
    Participant

It’s “the system” way. Like a Michigan State. Like a Wisconsin.

The thing that UVA is now showing is they can score. And they hardly ever make mistakes. They maximize their possessions and force you to look silly on offense.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Louisville looks like complete shit so far against the Cheats

Wulfpack
    Participant

Lville is offensively challenged. And the Heels play volleyball in front of the rim. Hate to say it but it looks like Roy’s boys are going to be making another good run. He’a got it rolling pretty good now.

BJD95
    Keymaster

The Holes have a good front court and an elite PG. You can ride that a long f-ing way. I won’t be watching any of their games, fo sho. They could win it all, good bet to at least make Elite Eight unless they get a tricky matchup.

UVA will make the second weekend of the tourney, no more, no less. Very safe bet.

Duke could win the whole thing, or lose the opening round.

Notre Dame, whenever they make the dance, is always the same. Tough out as a 7/8/9/10, very soft as a high seed.

For the Super Bowl, I have Woodchuck Cider. Brewed and bottled in Middlebury, VT.

What else did Middlebury, VT give the world? THAT’S RIGHT! Wolfpack Badass (by way of DIII Middlebury College), and perhaps tomorrow’s Super Bowl MVP, Steven Hauschka.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Duke could win the whole thing, or lose the opening round.

I’d be shocked. But, I suppose Okafor + K could get them there.

Suliamon is a big loss though.

BJD95
    Keymaster

With a caveat – someone has to beat Kentucky for them. They ain’t doing that. But Okafor and the right draw (the committee will ensure that in the “K for 1K” year) can go a long way.

Wulfpack
    Participant

What else did Middlebury, VT give the world?

One John Deere.

Enjoy your Chuck. Tasty stuff it is. Goes down quite easily so keep some chips and dip close by.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Steven Hauschka has more societal importance than John Deere. He’s just THAT BADASS.

I’m having two while I watch DVR of Everton/Crystal Palace (no spoilers!!!!) because I don’t trust myself with a whole 6-pack during a Cheatriots SB (and work the next day).

charger17
    Participant

That’s the only thing I’ve got against you, BJD. Liverpool looked very fluid today and #15 is back! See ya next weekend!

Wulfpack
    Participant

Newlife for the Cards.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Some come back by Louisville. Cardinals all over the court

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.