Weekend Baseball: Miami Comes to Town

Home Forums All StateFansNation Weekend Baseball: Miami Comes to Town

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Wolfpack Baseball has hit a few bumps in (and on) the road the past couple of weeks.  Currently riding a six game losing streak in conference, the Pac
    [See the full post at: Weekend Baseball: Miami Comes to Town]

TheCOWDOG

Springtime has arrived on Dan Allen Dr.

However, it appears to be traveling with alotta rain.

Good news is Miami will be stuck in Raleigh with nothing to do, but get in trouble ’til Sunday.

Advantage Pack, as they take 2 on a Sunday double dip.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Yeah, I intended to mention the weather outlook and the possibility of the schedule becoming modified. Oops.

Hopefully the crime rate in Raleigh won’t climb too high if it happens, but I cringe at the possibility of two on Sunday quite frankly.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Ah, cold front coming through at least explains this morning’s shittier than shitty headache. As the kids all say, FML.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

I wonder what teams records are when giving up 8 unearned runs are. I’m guessing somewhere along the lines of oh-and-however many games that’s happened in. I know Maryland is in deep to the ACC, but no need to be that charitable to them.

Mike
    Participant

How does one give up 8 unearned runs??????

Obviously we cant catch the ball or throw it – then you mention we are 4th in the conference in fielding %. While I know a 2 out error that opens the floodgates makes all the runs unearned but still, Rodon has given up 23 runs, only 10 of which are earned. This % is unheard of.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Haven’t seen the boys play this year yet. What position(s) are racking up all the E’s? Everytime I see a box score, it’s littered with em.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Untimely errors coupled with untimely control issues and a few well-tagged pitches. 6 of them were in one inning believe it or not (and another potential unearned run was gunned down at the plate in the same inning)….

Maryland 5th – Convissar, K struck out swinging (3-2). Martir, K. singled to center field (1-0). Rescigno, M. hit by pitch (1-2); Martir, K. advanced to second. Montville, M walked (3-2); Rescigno, M. advanced to second; Martir, K. advanced to third. Papio, A. reached on a fielder’s choice (1-2); Montville, M advanced to second; Rescigno, M. advanced to third; Martir, K. scored on an error by 1b, unearned. Cuas, J. reached on a fielder’s choice, bunt (0-0); Papio, A. advanced to second; Montville, M advanced to third; Rescigno, M. out at home 1b to c. Leal, K. walked, RBI (3-2); Cuas, J. advanced to second; Papio, A. advanced to third; Montville, M scored, unearned. White, C. reached on an error by 2b (0-0); Leal, K. advanced to second; Cuas, J. advanced to third; Papio, A. scored, unearned. O’Donnell to p for Rodon. Schmit, B. doubled to left center, 3 RBI (1-0); White, C. scored, unearned; Leal, K. scored, unearned; Cuas, J. scored, unearned. Convissar, K walked (3-0). Convissar, K stole second; Schmit, B. stole third. Martir, K. grounded out to 2b (3-0). 6 runs, 2 hits, 2 errors, 2 LOB.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Rain delay bottom 6th, tied 1-1.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Suspended for the night. Current plans are to finish tonight’s suspended game AFTER tomorrow’s regularly scheduled game, but whether either of those things happens (re: weather tomorrow) is highly uncertain.

redwolf87
    Participant

<P></P>

I don’t know, but it’s a scorer’s nightmare. I’ve lived it and I don’t care to repeat it ever again.

Why can’t we hit the ball anymore?

Wufpacker
    Participant

Pack falls 2-1 in game two.
    Suspended game one will resume in just a little while, weather permitting.

WolftownVA81
    Participant

I was able to catch the last two innings, first game I’ve been able to watch this season. I’m no baseball expert but I wonder, why do we never try to bunt the runner on third home with only one out? I noticed several instances last year where we went for the Sac fly and weren’t able to deliver (like today).

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ We’ve botched the squeeze a few times earlier in the season, but I was somewhat surprised they didn’t take a shot at it there as well. Maybe Rodon promised Avent a walkoff.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Resumed game gives Pack the opportunity to fall 2-1 twice in one day.
    Game three tomorrow, Pack tries to avoid getting swept for the 3rd straight weekend.

Maybe this is karma for all the sh-t I gave BC last year.

packalum44
    Participant

So much for the Omaha talk. This club just needs to make post season to save Avent’s job. One top 10 recruiting class isn’t going to turn you into a powerhouse.

ncsslim
    Participant

packalum, unless you know something I don’t (very easily true), Avent’s contract was significantly elongated after last year tournament run. I’m afraid that ship has sailed and the successful chapter that it Elliott Avent baseball is ours for years to come. Yippee!

In standard NCSU form, we will not only lose the majority of the class that put us/him on the map, and not only not make the NCAA’s, but possibly on the outside looking in for even the ACC.

Exactly what did we win in these “glory years”? We are NC State.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Miami completes the sweep. 12-5 final on Sunday.

And slim is correct. This team now has it’s work cut out to even get a trip to G’boro.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Holy smokes. I had no idea (generally don’t pay much attention to beisbol until the post season). Oh well.

SaccoV
    Participant

Though the extension was earned, Avent has reached his ceiling several times. He made his Omaha trip, but that was his shining moment. I don’t think we’ll be returning to Omaha this year, nor any other year with Avent at the helm. 18 years has proven enough to me. Maybe his can work a nice retirement package, and we can get someone else in the dugout. It would definitely make me happier.

elvislives
    Participant

To the poster that I gave a hard time to about not panicking just yet last after getting swept by Maryland last weekend. Getting swept at home by Miami to lose 9 straight conference games? I’m afraid I was wrong and you were right.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Wufpacker
    Participant

Haha. I’m not even sure a cover of Morrissey and Co. could turn this thing around.
    I wonder if we could re-work the lyrics to ‘Girlfriend in a Coma’ to fit the team’s current woes.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Wolfpack in a coma, I know, I know it’s SEEEERIIIOUUUUUSSSS

Wufpacker
    Participant

LOL. Almost ready made.

There were times when I could have strangled them…
    No, I don’t want to see them…
    Do you really think they’ll pull thru?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.