Troy added to NC State Football Schedule + more on scheduling

Home Forums All StateFansNation Troy added to NC State Football Schedule + more on scheduling

Viewing 19 posts - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

I don’t watch these garbage games. They mean zilch. Call me fair weather, I really do not care. I am much more interested in games that are nationally significant – that move the needle. I work too hard during the week to get to Saturday, to enjoy my favorite sport – college football. I watch games that matter. These games mean nothing. Win them, great. Play FSU or Clemson, or even Wake the next week, and take a thorough beating. That’s just what we are right now. And it has been that way far too long, which is why my interest declines with each passing year. Sorry folks, but that’s not on me.

tag42481
    Participant

There is not a SINGLE OOC game in the future currently scheduled against a BCS conference school (ND isn’t in a conference, so I’m not counting them). And Debbie thinks people want to pay to watch the Wolfpack? I live in Pennsylvania, so I don’t have season tickets, but I was insulted as a Wolfpack Club member to receive my application for season tickets and have them point out that the price hadn’t gone up. Hmm, the OOC games are 2 transitional schools and a FCS school, and we went 0-8 in conference last year. What justification would you have to raise the prices? We’re not even going to PLAY the defending national champion, we’re going to get BLOWN OUT by the defending national champion.

I think the OOC schedule EVERY YEAR, regardless of how well we’re playing, should include a FCS team, a mid-major school, a 6-6 BCS school, and a Top 25 school. And we don’t have a single BCS school scheduled anywhere coming up. Ridiculous.

JohnGalt78
    Participant

As I suggested earlier, take this year off. Don’t buy season tickets. WPC told me when specifically asked what would happen to my 4 LTRs if I skipped a year….answer, nothing. The tickets will go on the market after all LTR holders have their chance. This is what I’m going to do this year. If enough others do this, I believe it will send a clear message that the LTR core are fed up. And WPC will struggle to sell the passed tickets thus feeling our pain. Who’s with me? Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh…………

BassPacker
    Participant

Its clear the number of wins to this administration is more important now than the fans filling the seats. If had it to do over, would not have bought LTR seating years ago. Course, I got caught up in the Amato hype and the fantasy NC State football would be relevant by time I had paid for them. Wrong. A lot more things now are more interesting to do on a Saturday afternoon than watching Pack play Troy or Presbyterian… mowing the lawn may take priority.

JasonP
    Participant

Basspacker, you are forgetting the fall fishing season. Fish take priority over the lawn. Get rid of the grass and put down some mulch and ivy to win your angling time back.

Radman
    Participant

What’s funny is that DD and Debbie want us to be in our seats for the entire game. The reality is that tailgating is much more entertaining than watching our OOC competition.

My twins are enrolling at Campbell this fall. I will likely skip at least one OOC game to see the Fighting Camels play. Sad.

I am fed up with the schedule. I am fed up with Debbie’s excuses. Take me back to the Amato days…

mak4dpak
    Participant

When I have an issue I always go to the source. So to all of you who are unhappy, please take the time to send an email to [email protected], and let her know. I seriously doubt she reads this blog. But if I have had concerns, I always get a reply back, that I sent. There is power in numbers. Let her know, and maybe this scheduling issue might change sooner than we think. But again we do need to have an impressive season this year, which means beating our nobody teams, and the big boys on the schedule. The more she hears about concerns and unhappy LTRs, she will do something. We all know schedules are years in advance, so I am sure we can give all the credit to Lee Fowlup!

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Debbie Yow and Dave Doeren should be embarrassed.

Speaking of Doeren an area football coach told me this week that his ceiling was “about the same as Herb Sendek’s.” Strong words from a State grad.

TheCOWDOG

I shared an e-mail with you guys the evening Alvarez, and famous Greenbay Packer hustled a group together, with intent to map out a buyout plan for Doeren.

Somehow, I doubt Wisconsin was ready to purchase the contract of a Sendekese kinda guy.

redisgood
    Participant

It looks to me the coach is doing all the right things. You gotta break it down to build it back up. There’s no harder worker out there, and I feel pretty good we’re going to see some results from that hard work this year. Moreso next year when all the young guys have a year under their belts.

wilmwolf80
    Participant

In any given year there are what, maybe 15-20 “high caliber” teams that would satisfy fan’s desire for a “big-time” OOC opponent? I’m sure someone out there can come up with an exact number. And there are how many teams out there competing to try and line up a game with one of those teams? That means that more often and not, we are not going to get a game with one of those “big time” teams on the schedule, and certainly not a home game if we do. It takes two teams to schedule a game, and I don’t care how good a negotiator you are, there is no incentive for a team like LSU to come to Raleigh.

Every time this discussion happens, someone brings up the OSU series, and how competitive it was. Well, those Rivers led teams where arguably some of the best that have ever worn the State uniform. Last year, we almost lost to Richmond. So yeah, until we start fielding better teams, I have no interest in paying to watch us be embarrassed by a “big time” team.

I have zero problem with the home schedule for this year. I enjoy tailgating, cooking good food, seeing friends, and watching NC State win. The thing that I have a problem with is that the ticket prices don’t reflect the quality of competition. There should be some deep discounts for the cupcake games. And they should always be night games. Asking people to pay 40-50 bucks to watch us play a scrub team at noon in August is the problem. Improve the fan experience, and it doesn’t matter who we play, people will show up.

No matter if you don’t want to hear it or not, we are rebuilding. We went 3-9 last year. I want to watch some wins, I don’t care if it is against Sisters of the Poor. If you don’t like it, drop your LTRs, let people like me move up. I’ve never understood the people, and there are a lot of you, that will show up to the game and spend the whole time bitching and complaining about it.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Sendekian results for football would be incredible, given our history and conference affiliation.

Wulfpack
    Participant

In any given year there are what, maybe 15-20 “high caliber” teams that would satisfy fan’s desire for a “big-time” OOC opponent?

I don’t need “big-time”, though that would certainly be a nice once in a decade present. I just want to see decent competition. How about an Iowa? Or a Texas Tech? Or an Arizona? Just something besides the sisters of the poor.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Hell, like I said – a Purdue or Kentucky would be fine. Every bit as rebuild-y as us, if not more so.

The key is INTERESTING.

DFMo
    Participant

1. I agree – email Debbie. My son does, sometimes during a game (including at halftime of the MD Game that we came back from 41-14 and she replied how much it hurt and she was equally disappointed). But that was on performance and not getting value for the product after his LTR investment. She needs to hear on scheduling too. I know to accept that we’re rebuilding and scheduling as such “for next 1-2 years” but the proof (and what I would press with Debbie) is 2+ years out and improving the OOC. Ok, you needed a Troy, fine. You’ll add 1 FCS each year, fine. Its what else you add that is what we are talking about. Like the SEC mandated starting 2016, its time for at least 1 OOC annually to be against a school from one of the other big 4 conferences (AAC does NOT count). She needs to get some home and homes on the books.

2. If you “take a year off” from your LTRs, don’t you lose your seat assignments and then have to get new assignments (based on rank) the following year that may be (probably) are not as good? I’ve heard this answered yes and no. Someone here knows …

JohnGalt78
    Participant

^ I was told by the WPC person that I would not lose the seats.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Those ready to pass judgment on Doeren at this point are doing a good job of expressing both ignorance and foolishness.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Alpha,

Just curious. Area football coach… what level? Experience? What kind?

Point?… I’d weigh thought’s of Coach K a little more valuable than Quinton J’s.

A coach with the earned cache to have value in such words would likely not express them.

packalum44
    Participant

Debbie Yow Translation: “We are so friggin pathetic, the last thing I am worried about is scheduling. The coach I hired just handed us our worst season in 30 years!!!”

Our school absolutely sucks in so many facets. I’m mildly embarrassed when I tell people I went there. Similar to a light fart in an elevator.

Hopefully Goodnight will bequeath a couple billion plus when he croaks. It is our only hope to be nationally respectable institution. We are poor and inept and you don’t just turn into a top 25 institution overnight. It takes money.

Viewing 19 posts - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.