THEEE Tenn. State whomping game thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball THEEE Tenn. State whomping game thread

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 241 total)
  • Author
    xphoenix87

Abu has probably directly cost us 8 points so far. He doubled across the lane twice (which is a good idea), but instead of coming over with a hard double and holding position, he jumped at the guy. The first one resulted in him being totally out of position to rebound, and the second resulted in an easy interior pass because he wasn’t blocking anyone’s vision as he flew through the air. Also, at least 3 blown box outs and 1 help assignment where he never stepped up.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

They look like the better team.

We need to figure out how to get rebounds. It’s critical.

wolfmanmat
    Participant

Are we this bad?

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

So much for the comfy lead and getting to watch stretches of Army/Navy. Going to be a dog fight.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Are we this bad?

YES
    YES

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Yeah… it’s still pre conference basketball.. but this garbage is pushing me off the Gott bandwagon, in which I was firmly planted before the season started.

Anya with the circus AND-1!!!

xphoenix87

I’m starting to think that Kapita could miss every single shot he takes and still be our best big man. He definitely has some defensive flaws, but he’s better than Anya and worlds better than Abu (who might be having as bad a defensive season as I’ve ever seen from a big man).

Wufpacker
    Participant

Wooooo…yay…we’re winning.

BJD95
    Keymaster

They pissed him off and the King is back!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Anya not looking terrible.. well f$^! me sideways.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Jeebus, we are gonna be fucked with foul trouble once the conference slate starts.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Anya is such a ham. Just hope he eats before he fouls out!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Agree with everyone else… I think Abu regressed and I expect our lead to balloon with him out w/ 3 fouls.

BJD95
    Keymaster

There are times when it feels like we flew Abu in from another planet where he had never seen a basketball before in his life.

I mean, you hear him speak – he’s a smart, thoughtful dude. No idea why the dunce hat flies on the second he hits the hardwood.

pakfanistan
    Participant

We might get Tucker Thompson some meaningful minutes this afternoon.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Kapita is SUPER raw. I think we’re asking too much of him at this point.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Neither of these teams would stand a chance at .500 in the ACC.

Wufpacker
    Participant

There are times when it feels like we flew Abu in from another planet where he had never seen a basketball before in his life.

I mean, you hear him speak – he’s a smart, thoughtful dude. No idea why the dunce hat flies on the second he hits the hardwood.

LMFAO

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Blowing ’em out ….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Texpack
    Participant

Abu is an athlete. He is not a basketball player.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

This is really depressing because the Tigers legitimately look like a better team.

So much for wake up calls with all the other games we’ve played this season and having a week to prepare.

BJD95
    Keymaster

We got a HippoHOOK! Shame it rolled off. But he’s flashing all the moves today.

Gowolves
    Participant

Go Army beat Navy!

xphoenix87

Given the level of competition, I think this is the worst half we’ve played all season.

Wufpacker
    Participant

If you blur your eyes just right, you can make it look like we’re losing to Kansas.
    Just saying.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 241 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.