The Official Bash J*ff G***dman Thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball The Official Bash J*ff G***dman Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    wilmwolf80
    Participant

On suggestion from the Tony Buckets POY thread, I’d like to air my grievances against this douchnozzle. I censored his name, because you know that he is the kind of person that vanity searches for himself.

Mr. Goodman has suggested that since TJ did not carry his team to the NCAA tournament (flawed logic, since the team’s ultimate fate has not yet to be determined), he is not worthy of POY. My question to Mr.Douchenozzle is- exactly what more could TJ have done to make this team a tourney lock? He had one of the great individual seasons in the history of this conference. He admits that he only watched one or two State games all year, but if he had, he would have seen Buckets single-handedly carry us to victory on more than one occasion. Jeff has some sort of personal issue with TJ, going back to his tweets during TJ’s recruitment, and his current twitter antics are unprofessional at best. He fits right in at the entertainment network.

There, now I feel better.

Wulfpack
    Participant

There are others that feel similarly, though obviously many mire that agree with Warren as POY. The argument is that we didn’t win enough. But you have to apply that same argument to Green last year at VT, who didn’t win at all, and he still won it. So it doesn’t hold up.

Going deeper, what I don’t understand is why some just assume it was Parker or Paige that led their teams to more wins. They are surrounded by MUCH more talent than TJ. So in fact, they could have had some off nights and their team still won.

TJ deserved this award hands down. He earned it. Nobody else was even close. And I am very happy that most in the media saw it that way.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

go for it…

:>}

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

And I’m not talking about wilmwolf.

redisgood
    Participant

A lot of people look at the Wolfpack as a mediocre team. I realize at the end of the day you are only as good as your record, but we are three last second (and highly controversial) plays away from being 12-6 in the ACC, and firmly in the tournament. So this crap about the team’s record is just that – crap.

Wulfpack
    Participant

We also lost to NC Central. And to Mizzou and Cincy. To Wake and Miami and Clemson. Some weren’t close. We are a medicore team not even on the Bubble. That is what we are.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I realize at the end of the day you are only as good as your record

— potentially a fatal error in thinking, perhaps…

What if… someone suggested…

This year’s Team “improved more in one season than any other in recent memory… a fact to which their W/L record in no ways reflects… all of which should carry over to next season… ?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    redisgood
    Participant

We also lost to NC Central. And to Mizzou and Cincy. To Wake and Miami and Clemson. Some weren’t close. We are a medicore team not even on the Bubble. That is what we are.

Each of the three ACC teams you mention also had victories over Duke and/or Carolina. Losing to a Top 15 Cincy at their place is not a bad loss. Mizzou is a bubble team, and NCCU got us early on while TJ was playing the 4 position, and it was an OT loss to a tournament team at that.

We aren’t on the bubble, no question. And we have a mediocre record. Again no question. But I disagree this is a mediocre team.

wilmwolf80
    Participant

Not to derail my own thread, but NCCU and Cincy are tournament teams, and Mizzou is on the bubble. I don’t consider any of those as “bad” losses. They were all games we could have, and should have won, yes, but they are not the reason we are not currently going to the tourney. A different outcome in either the UNC or Cuse game, and we would be on the bubble. Losing to bad teams in the conference happens to everyone, just part of conference play.

As for Goodman trolling the fanbase, he definitely is, and that is why I have not responded to him on twitter. But outside of his blatant trolling, he also has shown a pattern with regards to his criticism of TJ, from the time he was a recruit, and that falls outside the bounds of normal trolling and starts getting into something personal. And this is an NC State message board, the only way that griping about him here is “feeding the troll” is if he is reading these forums. In which case, hi Jeff, eff you!

Wulfpack
    Participant

You guys will never find me trying to rationalize a loss to NC Central.

Yep, those are some pretty good teams. And we didn’t win.

Yep, everyone has WTF losses. The problem is we didn’t beat anyone. Others did.

At some point you have to look yourself in the mirror and accept what you are. And you take TJ off this team and, well…it isn’t pretty.

wilmwolf80
    Participant

But the team does have TJ on it, so we don’t have to think about what it would have been like without him. TJ and the team did enough to win the games against Cuse and CH, but were robbed of victory. That is why looking at the W-L record of the team is a terrible way to justify a Player of the Year pick, which was my initial point. What more could TJ have done personally to make this team a tournament team?? Could he have not gotten fouled out of the NCCU game by Jamie Luckie? Could he have gotten the continuation on the foul vs Cuse? Could he have kept Cat and Dez from turning the ball over in the Cuse game? Could he have stopped the second half whistle fest against the Heels? Could he have stopped Paige from waltzing in for the game winning layup?

TJ Warren did everything you could expect from the conference Player of the Year. But that is not what this thread is about. It is about how much of an asshat Jeff Goodman is.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

And this is an NC State message board, the only way that griping about him here is “feeding the troll” is if he is reading these forums. In which case, hi Jeff, eff you!

Doyel, Davis, Parrish, and Goodman are all clearly trolls looking for hits the only way that they can get them. My post was directed at anyone who was tempted to go to ESPN or twitter and tell Goodman what an ass he is. That is exactly what he is going after.

Dave Glenn is a different breed ie, just an a$$. One prominent UNC fan told me years ago that Glenn was hoping that the NCAA helicopters would land at the Murphy while Amato was here. I find it hilarious that they landed in CH instead.

wilmwolf80
    Participant

That’s funny, because I hope the NCAA helicopters crash into Glenn’s studio.

Wulfpack
    Participant

but were robbed of victory

Here we go again. I will spare us all and not go there today.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Losing to a Top 15 Cincy at their place is not a bad loss. Mizzou is a bubble team, and NCCU got us early on while TJ was playing the 4 position, and it was an OT loss to a tournament team at that.

This is the exact same type of logic used by the HSSS. It was BS then and remains so today.

Bottom line….Good teams prove it by beating other good teams. State hasn’t beaten any good teams.

Rick
    Keymaster

I realize at the end of the day you are only as good as your record

– potentially a fatal error in thinking, perhaps…

What if… someone suggested…

This year’s Team “improved more in one season than any other in recent memory… a fact to which their W/L record in no ways reflects… all of which should carry over to next season… ?

I do not see how you can predict anything in regards to next year based on this one. Last year we lost so many players it was impossible to predict this years team and next is the same problem. With Buckets gone there is no way to determine who will improve, who will score, who will be the go to guy etc.
    While we have many players returning, all of them will be expected to play different roles and there is no way to tell who will step up and who will not. Not to mention all of the new players.

BTW does anyone else have prolems with this site dropping letters if you type too fast?

wilmwolf80
    Participant

I don’t think anyone has said we are a good team, just not a bad one, and not that far from being a good one. And Wulfpack, the only person you are sparing is yourself. The team, and TJ, both did enough to win those two games in particular. We were robbed of those victories. But again, that is not what this thread is about. This thread is about Jeff Goodman saying that for TJ to be the POY in his eyes, he would have lead NC State to the tourney. The point, again, is that there is nothing more individually that TJ could have done to make that happen. The things I pointed out above were things that were outside of TJ’s control, that if they had turned out differently (or fairly in my eyes), would have made Goodman’s asinine assertions moot.

Rick
    Keymaster

For the record, I do not see us being a very good team next year unless Gott has an epiphany and makes defense an integral part of his team.

Wulfpack
    Participant

We were robbed of those victories.

If that is what you want to believe, by all means go for it.

Yes, Goodman and others like him are idiots.

Yep, next year is a crap shoot.

And my point about TJ, you take him off this team and we are bad. Not average, bad. We’re average with him. So next year will be interesting to say the least. Gotta groom ’em quick. No time to mess around.

wilmwolf80
    Participant

I watch games, a lot of them, I don’t look at stat sheets or boxscores. I know what I see with this years team, and it’s not a bad team. And I know what I see with TJ, and it is the player that had the best season of anyone in the league.

Amazing that a thread for the sole purpose of bitching about a stupid troll reporter can turn so quickly. Let’s get back on track here.

Rick
    Keymaster

We were robbed of those victories.

If that is what you want to believe, by all means go for it.

Unless the point is to start an argument I do not understand this post. We get that you think the refs never effect a game but two intelligent people CAN have differing opinions and it is not like here is NO evidence to base this opinion on.

Wulfpack
    Participant

We get that you think the refs never effect a game

Did I say that?

Rick
    Keymaster

but were robbed of victory

Here we go again. I will spare us all and not go there today.

How about you do what you say.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I sure will. No more comments from me on this topic, today. Clearly, it is a polarizing topic.

Rick
    Keymaster

I sure will. No more comments from me on this topic, today. Clearly, it is a polarizing topic.

Problaby the most polarizing topic since Herb even down to the “I have stats”, “I don’t care what stats say” arguments.
    And, like the great Herb debates, everyone gets put into one of two extreme camps even though most are probably somewhere in the middle.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.