The Jamie Luckie effect

Home Forums All StateFansNation The Jamie Luckie effect

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    wilmwolf80
    Participant

The problem with our league is that there is no consequence for an official being inept, no accountability.

Is there accountability in any league? You do realize refs work multiple conferences, right?

Yep, UVA is kicking tail, in first place. Yep, Miami won the conference last year. Yet all some want to do is blame others for our lack of success. It is getting old.

Yes, and you do realize that refs call games differently depending on which conference they are working in, right? I’m not blaming the refs for our lack of success. But if you can’t see that certain people like Jamie Luckie have some sort of agenda, then I don’t know what to tell you. Our style is our style, the number of fouls called against us should be fairly consistent from one game to the next, tendencies and all that, so why do those numbers jump so dramatically when he is involved?

Rick
    Keymaster

Just ask yourself this… if the exact same play occurred, the EXACT same play, but with all roles reversed, do you think the same call is made?

Or put Duke in ‘Cuse’s role and Maryland (or NC State, or Ga Tech, or …) in Duke’s role, do you honestly think it’s called the same way?

Duke was given the benefit of the doubt because it’s Duke. Call it studying ‘tendencies’, call it reputation, call it the Cameron advantage. I call it biased officiating, at best. An official’s charge is to call the game he/she sees. Period.

Everyone knows the answer. EVeryone.

Heck on Mike and Mike in the morning (a national show) they were talking about how Duke gets all the calls in Cameron. Why should that EVER be the case. The calls should be made against the team that commits them, not because they are in Cameron.

Rick
    Keymaster

We’re .500 in a weak league, have been blown out three times, and have no top 50 wins. That indicates we’re not very good by historical standards.

Not very good <> suck

Actually, I don’t think you addressed the point in the quote you referenced.

But I’m sure it’s our fault. We’re just too dumb to understand what you’re telling us we really meant.

Thanks for trolling and contributing nothing to the conversation, at least your consistent! It looks like other people get what I’m saying, so maybe it’s not them, it’s just you that’s too dumb.

Here are some questions, let’s see if you can answer them.

1) If we’re so good, why could BC beat Syracuse and we can’t?
    2) Why are we ranked 81 on kenpom behind such powerhouses as Cleveland St, Iona, North Dakota St., Stephen F. Austin (WTF), Richmond, St. Mary’s, Green Bay, etc.?
    3) Why do we consistently draw fewer fouls than EVERY SINGLE TEAM we play? I haven’t gone through every game, but I’d be willing to bet you could count on one hand the number of games we’ve had a higher FTR.
    4) Is every single reffing crew biased against us personally?

Don’t look now, but freaking Virginia is leading the ACC. Virginia. Historically mediocre Virginia. And we’re crying about the refs. Miami won the ACC last year. And we’re crying about how the refs don’t love us.

Guess which games were close in FTR? Duke and UNC. DAMN YOU AND YOUR BLUE BIAS REFS!!!!

It’s not fair, but seriously, good teams are going to get the benefit of the doubt.

Stop calling people dumb. No need for it

pakfanistan
    Participant

What are you? An ACC ref? Do you seriously not see ‘foose troll me in EVERY SINGLE THREAD I post in? Do you not see him trolling me at the top of my post that you quoted?

If the rolls were reversed, would you make the same call? Everyone knows the answer. EVeryone.

Rick
    Keymaster

What are you? An ACC ref? Do you seriously not see ‘foose troll me in EVERY SINGLE THREAD I post in? Do you not see him trolling me at the top of my post that you quoted?

If the rolls were reversed, would you make the same call? Everyone knows the answer. EVeryone.

This isn’t the monkey boards. No reason to call names. I am not sure why that is controversial to you.

TheCOWDOG

Here’s the make up call.

‘foose…T’d up for political carry over.

Paki…to the line for one and a Democratic seat.

pakfanistan
    Participant

This isn’t the monkey boards. No reason to call names. I am not sure why that is controversial to you.

Replying in kind isn’t the same as calling names, but please, continue to ignore what has been said to me, and what I have said and carry on with your agenda.

Here’s the make up call.

Paki…to the line for one and a Democratic seat.

This is the best.

tjfoose1
    Participant

What I flatly reject is the idea that they come into a game looking to screw one team.

I agree with that.

pakfanistan
    Participant

What I flatly reject is the idea that they come into a game looking to screw one team.

I agree with that.

Booyah! Common ground.

pakfanistan
    Participant
    tjfoose1
    Participant

… at least your consistent!

Thanks! I knew you’d approve of striving for the ‘least’.

1) If we’re so good, why could BC beat Syracuse and we can’t?

That’s funny. I never said we were good. I was simply comparing your own contradictory statements. In one statement, you wrote NC State sucks (“If you suck, you’re never getting the benefit of the doubt…”). When it was pointed out that statement wasn’t consistent with State’s record and overall performance, to date, you softened your position in your response (“That indicates we’re not very good “) to better position your original point, which you changed. I pointed out your inconsistency, ie, sucks <> not very good. I know your type hates it when your floating arguments and inconsistencies are pointed out, so I apologize.

2) Why are we ranked 81 on kenpom behind such powerhouses as Cleveland St, Iona, North Dakota

Ummm.. I venture to guess that’s because those teams have performed better (based on the kenpom ranking system) than NC State over the course of the season. If you support ranking a team based on it’s actual performances, to date (as I do), and not on potential, then kenpom makes a valid argument that those teams are indeed better than NC State.

3) Why do we consistently draw fewer fouls than EVERY SINGLE TEAM we play? I haven’t gone through every game, but I’d be willing to bet you could count on one hand the number of games we’ve had a higher FTR.

I’m not sure if that statement is true (every single team, really?), but I don’t want to take the time to look it up, so I’ll accept it. So the answer is, lots of reasons. I’m no basketball expert, but I know enough to know that a thorough and comprehensive answer to that question cannot be made in a sentence or two, if it can be made at all.

4) Is every single reffing crew biased against us personally?

Nope. I never claimed they were. No one here has. You’re resorting to hyperbole now. I thought you were better than that, or at least liked to pretend to be.

Only comment I made was that officials are biased. They are. I don’t think anyone here disagrees with that. In fact, my exact statement was “I call it biased officiating, at best. An official’s charge is to call the game he/she sees. Period.”

Don’t look now, but freaking Virginia is leading the ACC.

Yep, and that’s due to excellent coaching, in all regards. Maximizing the group effectiveness and performance by meshing individual and team talent with tactics and strategy.

It’s not fair, but seriously, good teams are going to get the benefit of the doubt.

Agreed. Doesn’t mean it should be accepted as correct. Accepted to the point that we, as fans, have no choice, but not accepted to a point of never referencing the fact that it happens.

That’s a good place to end. On agreement. All is rainbows and unicorns in Wolfpack land. 🙂

tjfoose1
    Participant

Wha wha whaaaaat?. Political carry over? Where? I took your advice (and I can’t say it was not good advice) long ago to cut that out (at least direct references) here. I might slip up a few times a year, but not much more. Did I really do that somewhere in this thread? I’ll have to go back and look.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Ok ‘Dog, I went back and looked. I found nothing. Gotta show me where.

I don’t think I’ve ever been quoted so much before, at least not here. I’m feeling kinda famous.

Rick
    Keymaster

Replying in kind isn’t the same as calling names, but please, continue to ignore what has been said to me, and what I have said and carry on with your agenda.

I looked back through the thread to see where you were called “dumb” and did not see a post in which you were “replying in kind”. If I missed it then please point it out so I can ask them to stop as well.

BTW when looking back I did notice your troll post of “Don’t tell Rick”. Given how much you are complaining about trolls it struck me as odd that you would troll.

pakfanistan
    Participant

That’s funny. I never said we were good. I was simply comparing your own contradictory statements. In one statement, you wrote NC State sucks (“If you suck, you’re never getting the benefit of the doubt…”). When it was pointed out that statement wasn’t consistent with State’s record and overall performance, to date, you softened your position in your response (“That indicates we’re not very good “) to better position your original point, which you changed. I pointed out you inconsistency, ie, sucks <> not very good. I know your type hates it when your floating arguments and inconsistencies are pointed out, so I apologize.

My statements are only contradictory to you. I was making a point about good teams getting the benefit of the doubt. You want to focus on the fact that I said “suck” in one sentence (That didn’t include the words NC State) and “not very good” in another. Who cares about the level of suck? You only care because I didn’t use exactly the same terms, and you can’t respond to anything I say on any reasonable level. The point is we’re not good.

Also, you don’t know anything about my type.

It’s hilarious that you essentially agree with me, but still want to nitpick everything I say.

TheCOWDOG

The decoder battery must be dead, ‘foose.

“Political CARRY OVER.”

pakfanistan
    Participant

I looked back through the thread to see where you were called “dumb” and did not see a post in which you were “replying in kind”. If I missed it then please point it out so I can ask them to stop as well.

BTW when looking back I did notice your troll post of “Don’t tell Rick”. Given how much you are complaining about trolls it struck me as odd that you would troll.

He never called me dumb (technically), and I never called him dumb (technically). I did reply in kind, which is plain as day. You’re being obtuse if you seriously can’t make the connection between this statement:

But I’m sure it’s our fault. We’re just too dumb to understand what you’re telling us we really meant.

and this statement:

It looks like other people get what I’m saying, so maybe it’s not them, it’s just you that’s too dumb.

Also, you have got to be kidding me. Making a comment about your passion for ref bias is trolling now? I didn’t even say anything negative about you or your views. If you’re so thin skinned, I seriously apologize for offending you.

Edit: On an unrelated note, BASIC/Pascal style inequality operators are terrible.

pakfanistan
    Participant
    pakfanistan
    Participant

~NT~

tjfoose1
    Participant

The decoder battery must be dead, ‘foose.
    “Political CARRY OVER.”

Oops. Yes, you are correct. Apologies sir.

tjfoose1
    Participant

It’s hilarious that you essentially agree with me, but still want to nitpick everything I say..

Dude, I simply wrote “Not very good <> suck” for clarification, and point out you were not addressing the quote of Rick’s you included in your post. That was it.

You responded with a 6+ paragraph diatribe, enumerating responses to statements I never made.

But whatev. Have fun. I got things to do.

Can’t you all just feel the love in the coming spring air. Ahh… refreshingly fresh, it is.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Bye

Rick
    Keymaster

I am done with arguing you. Any name calling will be deleted otherwise have at it.

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

Watch yourself pakfanistan, Sam Norton threw Andy in the hole for calling him obtuse.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.