The Irish-Catholics Prepare…But wait…

Home Forums All StateFansNation The Irish-Catholics Prepare…But wait…

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Greywolf
    Participant

Hurricane Matthew not allowed in NC by the NCAA due to HB2.

gso packbacker
    Participant

Excellent suggestion CD and already done.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Sorry, Matthew. But nobody wants to be labeled Hurricane Hate. DO THEY??

/smh

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

speaking of “hate”…. the collegiate version…

NOLES at the HurriCanes — Saturday night 8pm…

Wonder how they might pull that one off, given the Apostle’s “intervention”?

———-
    Back in Rawlee….
    looks like the second half could get sloppy…

in more ways than one!!! Ha!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Miami is getting butt-pounded on Friday, and maybe again Sunday, right? Saturday night is perfect, as long as the stadium is standing and they can bus in enough crips and bloods for there to be “atmosphere”

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^that’s right….

except won’t be no bloods and crips…
    this is a high class rivalry… by Florida demographics…

Noles just GOTT to travel 8hrs to get there…

Adventuroo
    Participant

Don’t know about the sloppy second half (Don’t GO THERE….), but here is the “stats” for 2016. Pardon what SFN SW does to the formatting…..crimes such as these should be punished by honey and ants…

Key Stats (to me)…..total for 2016

NOTRE DAME
    Total Passing – 1639 Yds; 9.87 Yds/Attempt; 60.9% Comp; 14 TD; 4 INT; 166 Attempts

NCSU
    Total Passing – 1188 Yds; 9.07 Yds/Attempt; 72.5% Comp; 10 TD; 1 INT; 131 Attempts

NOTRE DAME
    Total Rushing – 838 Yds; 4.4 Yds/Carry; 11 TD; 191 Carries; 6 Players

NCSU
    Total Rushing – 832 Yds; 5.0 Yds/Carry; 12 TD; 166 Carries; 11 Players….HMMMMM

SO, what do you make of it…? Seems about even to me. SO, the D gotta be the difference….There are SO many Defensive stats and situations….but here is the one that shows up first….

Notre Dame is currently # 106 (UNC is 105) @ 460 Yds/Game

NCSU is currently #20 (HUH….did I read that RIGHT?) @ 321.5 Yds/Game.

NEVER would have thought that….and MAYBE I read it wrong. SO, here are the references….so you can verify, if you do NOT trust me….

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22/p1
    http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/87/notre-dame-fighting-irish
    http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/152/nc-state-wolfpack

OK….we are a 2 Point Favorite….or at least here. SO, let the game be played….

http://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/notre-dame-nc-state-odds-october-8-2016-729926

TheCOWDOG

Stats don’t mean squat when ya play Texas and Duke, ECU and Wake. Does it? This is an eyeballer, and probably the last for both.

Do y’all still have an 8 squirreled away?

Adventuroo
    Participant

OK, CD….No offense, but I get kidded about being difficult to decipher and, in another land, have been told that I needed a Navajo Code Talker to decipher my zig-zag logic…..

Therefore, I totally agree….Stats don’t mean that a TG Male gotta squat to pee in the lady’s room, even when he IS feeling his feminine side (whilst feeling his subservient…but necessary appendage)…..WHAT is your prediction….TO paraphrase Howard Cosell, “I never played the COLLGEE Game..”????

On a slightly also relevant note, USC has cancelled the Saturday tilt against GA and rescheduled for Sunday. Ray Tanner (USC AD and Ex NCSU BB Coach) was formally advised by Gov Niki that the 200 SHP troopers would NOT be available and that the “direction” of the Interstates MIGHT not be back to normal….

Rain pants are now triple saturated with fabric guard….

choppack1
    Participant

Well. Dag nabbit – they have that cone creeping north again. Not as far north as earlier today, but farther north than last update. Bring a boat!!

YogiNC
    Participant

Man, if you trail out that model far enough it has that thing circling around and heading back where it came from around Haiti. NOT TOO GOOD!

Smarter than the average bear

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^The Apostle or his descendants should be back to North Carolina either in 7-8 days after revisiting West Palm Beach or in 10-12 days if he decides to go towards Mobile first…

Some discussion seems to indicate that there is a woman influencing the Apostle’s decisionmaking — Nicole….

TheCOWDOG

Yes, she’s got him to the point where he has no idea what to do.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^as may be the case most all the time…

————————-

Ya’ll know… “Large” events such as this bring out the best and the worse in people… and some humor…

I’m told a Late middle aged couple was interviewed on TV down in South FLA yesterday. They moved from Wisconsin a few years ago and have never “experienced” a hurricane of any size. The man proffered proudly something to the effect…”Not going to be a problem for us, you guys have never been thru a big snowstorm! We have seen a hundred or more of those”

HA!

100 snowstorms !== 1 Cat2 Hurricane.

One of them lawn mover size snow plows won’t push trees out of your driveway or off your house.

Adventuroo
    Participant

But if there is ever a snow (NOT ICE) storm, he will show the natives or naturalized transplants HOW TO DRIVE IN IT.

Probably a ex hockey player too macho for a helmet…

Khan
    Participant

Should be some decent weather for the game tomorrow. Gusts into the 30s with inches of rain falling. The Canadians are showing 9″ total for the event. The Americans are showing around 6″. Yummy.

GGEM QPF

BJD95
    Keymaster

8 should be the minimum nunber of pass targets to Jaylen Samuels. Use. Your. Mudder. Damnit.

Khan
    Participant

12Z 4K NAM has a nice swath of 8″ through the area. 12Z GFS has 6-7″. The RGEM shows about 5-6″. We’ll see what the Canadians say in a bit. 🙂

4K NAM:

4K NAM

Khan
    Participant

Canadians have 7-8″. The Europeans are last to bat. They’ll probably have less.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^The Weather Olympics ??

Don’t trust the Ruskies!!!

It will all be over by Friday Monday.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Stats don’t mean squat when ya play Texas and Duke, ECU and Wake. Does it? This is an eyeballer, and probably the last for both.

So you are predicting an 8 win season does that include the bowl game?

Adventuroo
    Participant

Is game still on for noon Saturday?

Heard chatter it might be Sunday.

Not trying to start rumor….just curious.

TheCOWDOG

So you are predicting an 8 win season does that include the bowl game?

Oh mercy,no. No prediction of the kind. However, that 8 needs to be glued to your finger tips.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ain’t nobody heard a peep outta Mr. HighStick…

He’s muss be ry’din ’round ‘da low country en ‘da popo car wit ‘da Guv’ner Nikki…
    priceless…

PackofMac
    Participant

Adventuroo the game seems to be 12 come hell or high water….LITERALLY! Heaven forbid moving it to Sunday but I’m sure there are many other factors in play, I guess…whatever. I bought pops and my frog toggs rain suit today, hopefully it’ll be a wet messy party come 4pm.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.