The Dominion That Is Old – Open Query

Home Forums StateFans Football The Dominion That Is Old – Open Query

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

AT…I love your banshee way.

probably won’t love it come season end.

Glad we finally got some breathing room against the mighty ODU towards half time. ODU probably just underrated, right?

Time to switch it over to real football, Rudy vs. State.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Halftime…
    smoke if you GOTT ’em…

and if you’re not napping in the big red chair…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Heelh8r
    Participant

I thought that was a solid first half against a very good, soundly coached, top tier, Conf USA team

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I thought that was a solid first half against a very good, soundly coached, top tier, Conf USA team

lol they’re pretty much the best

yall best be rooting for ND tonight…. ND coming off a loss and see our big goofy coached team next up? Not a recipe for success let me tell you what

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Troll…

ain’t GOTT enough cold ones to make this game exciting…
    one or the other is making me sleepy…

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Troll…

switch it over to bourbon for a bit, it should get you to that passionate place… one way or the other.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Our DEFENSE is holding it’s own in the third quarter…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I quit on the hard stuff years ago when I figured out it like me better than I liked it…
    never did much with Bourbon, but Scotch… that’s another story.

Cold Beer does fine.

Texpack
    Participant

Hux with the halftime adjustments!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ya’ll think it would benefit the football Defensive squad to go to basketball practice for an hour a day???

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Ya’ll think it would benefit the football Defensive squad to go to basketball practice for an hour a day???

Yes. And I’ll leave it at that.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… while that couldn’t hurt a thing…
    looks like we gonna go with the old football cliche…

“The best Defense is a good offense.”

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Did ya’ll see where the Clempsom and SCState coaches agreed to play two 12 minute quarters in the second half of their game this afternoon??

Wonder if we could play a 10 minute fourth quarter tonight?

POP!!!

Heelh8r
    Participant

Because Bambard got off to such a horrible start last year, nobody seems to notice that he is actually a very good kicker. It was obviously nerves last year, like being able to make 3 footers on the practice green but not being able to take it to the course. But he was solid toward the end of last year and looks good this year. The experiment with the dual kickers was a disaster.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

How are we looking, fellas? I’ve been watching Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, game. Does it look like we’ve turned the proverbial corner this game and ready to take the college football world by storm? Not in NC ofcourse, NCAA has VERY strong morals, but perhaps some championship venue else where in our close future?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^cute…

Troll, everybody knows the NCAA has no morals and you’ve been considering the ministry as a second career….

Please sir, pray for peace and healing and for Wolfpack Football and Basketball.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

think it’s just you and I bill.. and I’m off to never never land, until the big upset next week. Have a lovely night, my man!

Texpack
    Participant

The defense still looks awful. ODU is scoring at will in the second half. Louisville will drop as many as they want to on us. Certainly 55+

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I’m holding on to 0:00 on the Jumbotron, only cause it’s a sunk cost thing…
    Damm… this is boring…. Gary, Tony && Johnny ain’t helping, either….

check that… I just want to see how many TDs the third string Defense gives up….

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

0:00
    Finally…

POP!!!

Good night, gents….

Political thread next Tuesday, don’t forget…

jrcox4
    Participant

Yawn. Took a lot of beer to get me through to the W. Could beat Wake. Otherwise we might not win in October…or November. I guess I’m still pessimistic after last week and bored after this week.

Heelh8r
    Participant

Finley 24-28. Lot of different players scored and contributed. Hope JaySam not hurt. Hard to forget last week but keep getting better you never know…

TheCOWDOG

I agree that the 2 and 3 deep D did not look good.

Carry on.

Greywolf
    Participant

Troll…

Troll…
    ain’t GOTT enough cold ones to make these comments entertaining or amusing.

Adventuroo
    Participant

The crowd at CF was not very excited about the game. Probably MORE excited about the WP 2016 HoF inductees, especially the 1974 Team. As I said somewhere, who KNEW that we had LAX once and were at least a top 15, maybe top 10 team. BUT only because of one player. Can you say FRANCHISE….

Game wore on forever. We never really seemed to take over. We just lolligaged around on D and dropped our guard (and our pants) for no apparent reason and at the most inopportune times. Offense DID look a little better.

Coach D was very blunt and forthright at post game presser. Said that he and the squad knew about the ugliness that was being said about him….and THAT thread is still up and active. He also said that they were going to strive to play the best game that they could. Did NOT mention winning or maybe I missed it. I admit that I have lost enthusiasm for this year. If you factor in FSU, UL, UNC and Clemson….that could be four really BIG (major surgery required for removal) OUCHES.

UL dismantling FSU was fascinating. I SWORE I would not watch any more games….after the NCAA and the ACC “hammered” NC over “STSNBMHA” (Subject That Shall Not Be Mentioned Here Again”. No wonder less than one third distrust the media. YES, it was a bit over the top, but it was still relatively civil and there was no threats of using the info on the Guns and Garden thread to seek out and harm any posters.

As to the game, I left the stadium with a not so sweet taste. We scheduled a Prime Time Tasty Cupcake. Really savoring the sweet icing and the rich cake and perhaps some Reese’s Pieces hidden in there. Instead, it tasted like the pound cake that my DW of only 1 year tried to make. She followed my mother’s recipe to the nth degree. My mother’s cake was of the Angel Food (made in heaven) category. My DW’s was so bad that I swear you could dribble it. Even my young (10 YO) BIL’s who were on a totally NON Sweet diet would not eat it. Mikey would have thrown up.

NOW, that was the way I saw the game. We should have had gourmet cooking, but got greasy spoon, burned.

YES, we won, but I suspect that this win had a NEGATIVE impact on the Coach’s reputations. BUT, since they are on a downhill skid, unless they DEFEAT the Fearsome Foursome (UL, FSU, UNC and Clemson), ain’t no one, including Mama gonna be happy.

ND is trying their best Philip Rivers and Russell Wilson imitation….but the obese diva is standing up and warming up her pipes….MSU just got a critical 1st down. 1:03 to go. ND not gonna find another miracle.

Waiting for a controversial BOTB thread. We need a pool on how long before the censors intercede to prevent free flow of views and experiences for THAT subject (to be determined). Reminds me of the “I NEED A STRESS FREE ZONE” folks from University of Missouri who are offended if they hear a single sentence that does NOT meet with THEIR opinions….

Sort of like the students that need counseling if they see the word TRUMP chalked on a sidewalk…

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.