The Dominion That Is Old – Open Query

Home Forums StateFans Football The Dominion That Is Old – Open Query

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

What do we know of these no doubt fine footballing fellows? Since it’s a home game, we get ESPN3 instead of star-wipe random independent channel coverage like last year (which is a bummer). It is NOT in conflict with the FSU/Ville game (Lamar!), or the mighty Everton blues (I will need the laptop for that because WRAL sucks), two big positives to counterbalance that.

Beyond that…I got nothin’ folks. SO EDUCATE ME.

And YES, I closed, then deleted, your cesspool thread, and I apologize for letting it fester that long. NO MOAR of that, please.

McCallum
    Participant

Fighting dapper Daves 41
    Butterflies 17

McCallum

jrcox4
    Participant

I work with a bunch of ODU grads (hazards of moving to the Tidewater after graduation). I do my best to avoid talking football with my “Big Blue” cladden coworkers so I can’t speak to the quality of their football team, but none of my coworkers have expressed any optimism that they they can stay within three scores. On an interesting note about most of my monarch collegues is that they hold engineering positions at the company while having an engineering technology degree. Oh and their stadium didn’t have indoor plumbing last year when we played in Norfolk.

TheCOWDOG

You beat me to it, Beej. Two ways.
    One being ODU. I had something ready for the home page, but it was vapid…even to my standards. Shame we don’t have that old fashioned early Wake Forest game that TOB used to bitch about. That match up might actually give us a little perspective in pickin’ up the pieces scattered in Greenville.

ODU won’t tell anyone anything. State wins by 40…it still communicates nothing. Nothing to the staff, nothing to the team units…surely nothing to you know who.

Beej…Here’s a couple things we should home in on:
    1) Crispness. Get off the freakin’ ball.
    2) Penalties, penalties, penalties
    3) High drift in our new QB’s ball.

There are certainly a ton more, had the schedule brought us a different opponent.

Everything I say is on the supposition that they win by 4 or 5 scores. Sorry to say, anything less tells me those 3 notes to watch don’t mean nuthin’ either, but yet, oh so much.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Virginia is a Commonwealth, not a State…
    they play by different rules…

It cost me a cool Million$$$ to learn this the hard way.

No replys please…. all political topics, sooner or later, get shutdown…
    which is not always a bad thing.

Having said that,

I GOTT this feeling that the Wolfpack is gonna POUND the Monarchs and send ’em home shaking their heads…
    to which someone will say, so I gonna do it for you….
    that’s about seven days too late.

Dontworyyaboutit…

Your future is in front of you, not behind you…

Roundball starts in 29 days…
    Be There or BeJay!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    redisgood
    Participant

Nyheim Hines will not play, but it shouldn’t matter. Last year Shad and Dayes had their way, and I think Matt and Reggie will this year. They have a better QB than they had last year, and Ray Lawry is a big time threat who will play on Sundays, but I say we win by 4 TDs.

BJD95
    Keymaster

wha happen to Hines??

redisgood
    Participant

He got hurt late in the 4th qtr last week. He limped off and I saw the trainer taping his ankle. He eventually went back in for the final series, but Im assuming that’s what it is.

ryebread
    Participant

State wins by 14+. Go Pack!

The brevity of this post parallels how much we’all take out of this game. I hope for no injuries, for us to find a kicker and for the defense tonfind some confidence.

BJD95
    Keymaster

crap, somehow in all the anger and frustration I missed that. Backup kick returning is seldom something I enjoy watching. Balls tend to get juggled (hey, get yer mind outta the gutter).

Texpack
    Participant

I work with a bunch of ODU grads (hazards of moving to the Tidewater after graduation). I do my best to avoid talking football with my “Big Blue” cladden coworkers so I can’t speak to the quality of their football team, but none of my coworkers have expressed any optimism that they they can stay within three scores. On an interesting note about most of my monarch collegues is that they hold engineering positions at the company while having an engineering technology degree. Oh and their stadium didn’t have indoor plumbing last year when we played in Norfolk.

As long as Hux is the DC, everyone we play has a chance to stay within three scores

jrcox4
    Participant

No disagreement here Tex. My biggest worry is we actually lose and my coworkers decorate my desk accordingly. My boss has worn a State tie the past two years, I am under no illusions that they would let me not do something similar…

MP
    Participant

And YES, I closed, then deleted, your cesspool thread, and I apologize for letting it fester that long. NO MOAR of that, please.

Hey now, the self-righteous moralizing was at least driving traffic on the site.

Nice views of Boone and ASU cheerleaders to open things up today!

McCallum
    Participant

Be careful there, don’t want this place to be like Erwin on a Friday night.

McCallum

MP
    Participant

Daggum straight.

This FSU – L’Ville game is interesting so far.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

The bludgeoning of the Seminoles is a beautiful thing to witness.. #NeverSeminoles

redisgood
    Participant

BJD, you said a while back Louisville is a good road trip to take. I was thinking I would do it. I’m pretty sure now I won’t.

jrcox4
    Participant

Red – whether you go on a random weekend or 10/22, the bourbon will still be good…

Greywolf
    Participant

Backup kick returning is seldom something I enjoy watching. Balls tend to get juggled

Couldn’t be any worse than that last KO last week…

BJD95
    Keymaster

BJD, you said a while back Louisville is a good road trip to take. I was thinking I would do it. I’m pretty sure now I won’t.

Yeah, that game might get a little fugly. Feel good about picking them to be unbeaten going into the YOOOOOOUSTON game, though!

Greywolf
    Participant

As long as Hux is the DC, everyone we play has a chance to stay within three scores

What an original thought!! Haven’t read anything like that more than 50 or so times.

YogiNC
    Participant

Be careful there, don’t want this place to be like Erwin on a Friday night.

Ummm, if Triton is playing at home then Erwin is hoping (hoping being a relative term here.

Smarter than the average bear

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

‘DaVille f’ing embarrassed the ‘Noles…
    long ride back to Tallytown…

could take weeks for the Noles to overcome this one…

Now… if our kids AND Coaches can find it within themselves to play a 60 minute game, then that might be something worth remembering… idk…

if not… I’m gonna start another political thread on Tuesday….

Roundball starts in 28 days…
    BeThere or BeJay!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

If you ain’t at the game or somewhere in North Carolina…
    try this….

Gary, Tony && Johnny … Live!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

anyone else finding our must watch football game going to “event blacked out” msg with WatchESPN app? Turrible.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.