Spring Has Sprung

Home Forums All StateFansNation Spring Has Sprung

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Ah springtime, when a young man’s fancy turns to… ….BASEBALL!!! With apologies to Alfred (Lord Tennyson that is…not Bruce Wayne’s manservant), l
    [See the full post at: Spring Has Sprung]

doug
    Participant

GO PACK!!!!

TheCOWDOG

Yep. And as Wuf would attest, ’twas Mrs.Cowdog that kept pointing out the turn twos to the baseball writer, and the dolt sitting next to him, bitching about the scorekeep.

Our old friend GAWolf querried if it was the lowered seams that may be responsible for the outburst of bats.

With brilliance, I determinded that yes, they have discovered how to hit between ’em.

Wuf knows his baseball, and this club showed that locals ain’t wasting a good Spring day to get out to the yard.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Thanks for the recaps!

I only saw bits and pieces of Friday’s game, which obviously wasn’t the best look with all the unearned runs. Glad the Pack rebounded strongly on Sat. and Sun.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Yep. And as Wuf would attest, ’twas Mrs.Cowdog that kept pointing out the turn twos to the baseball writer, and the dolt sitting next to him, bitching about the scorekeep.

Indeed. I think she also might have some mojo factor as well. Need to start calling her Jobu and keep her rum well-stocked

patientwuf
    Participant

The Wolfpack defense set a school record on Sunday by turning 6 double plays, and tying the ACC mark.

That’s like getting your heart yanked out and stepped on. (Ouch!!)

Kninzer behind the plate sounds interesting, can’t wait to see that and Fincher hitting 4 baggers-watch out for the #Pack9.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Kninzer behind the plate sounds interesting, can’t wait to see that

Dude has a bonafide cannon to 2nd base. With his bat seemingly waking up now, the move has been a positive one overall…so far. Will be interesting to see how his wheels are feeling once we’re about 50 games in.

patientwuf
    Participant

Thanks for the update Wuf.

44rules
    Participant

This is college on the diamond, where singles, small ball and scratch and run rule. What the hey is it with all the long balls? (Other than the fact that chicks dig ’em.)

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

mak4dpak
    Participant

Saturday was a banner day for Wolfpack Nation. Basketball, Softball, and Baseball, all win. Go Pack! Maybe a banner weekend is in store for all.

choppack1
    Participant

Hey 2 of 3 vs. Clemson in baseball (football and basketball for that matter) are certainly satisfactory.

Last year was a kick in the nuts. But hey, you can’t go to CWS every year. Thanks for updates.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Thanks for mentioning that mak. I had meant to give the ladies a shout out for their sweep of #23 ND, and Tyler Ross being named ACC POW, but I had a brain cramp I guess.

WTG ladies!!

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Twas nice to see the bats come alive. A great series win that showed some nice stuff from the Pack. Those turn-twos in Game 3 were nuts. I was hoping for a 7th in the 9th to give it a fitting ending (and ACC record), but alas it wasn’t to be (and after a while, I as just hoping for any end to the 9th). Oh, and we’ll just forget about that certain 7th inning. The team apparently did. Go Pack and keep knocking those flat seam balls outta the park.

ruffles31
    Keymaster

They played well on the weekend. It was good to see. I don’t think Clemson is the typical Clemson team, but still it was a series win. It will be interesting to see how this team plays the next couple of series on the road. This weekend, with school on spring break, they go to #20 Miami. Then, they go to Boston College. I have heard rumors that the BC series is being moved to Chattanooga because Boston is still under 628 feet of snow. Not sure about that. Would love to see this team go 4-2 over the next couple of series.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.