South Florida game thread (12/13)

Home Forums StateFans Basketball South Florida game thread (12/13)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Time/TV: 4pm on ESPNU
    Spread: NC State -8

State’s first true away game of the season will be in Tampa against the 2-7 USF Bulls. Glancing over the Bulls schedule to date it looks like they’re pretty terrible team. Only wins of their season were against Savannah State and a 2 point win over Albany.

I will be taking State to cover the 8 points and tuning into the game after this Panther’s game. (Hoping this thread only makes it to a few pages… a loss here as we know it would likely break SFN with everyone logging in to air their grievances lol)

Heelh8r
    Participant

Excited for today’s game, even if it is USF. We need to secure a few W’s before the real season starts. I am trying to figure out what some of you guys see that I really don’t understand. On the Michigan game thread, where we gave up 66 points to by all accounts a high scoring, 3 point shooting team, all I see is complaining about our defense. Gott can’t coach D and never will be able to, his assistants can’t coach D, and the team doesn’t know how to play D. Never mind that Rowan shot 1-11 and we got no offensive production out of the front court at all. Then against Bucknell, Rowan was getting much better shots, squaring up to the basket, and hit everything, leading us to a nice win. We gave up more points, but that is because we scored a lot more ourselves. Admittedly against weaker competition, but we sure looked better moving the ball, getting more production out of most everyone, especially Frenchy. I want to see more of that team.

Texpack
    Participant

Not bad so far. Frenchy, Abu, and Anya look more active. Abu had a beautiful outlet pass earlier.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

USF is terrible.

Looks to be a very short game thread, which isn’t a bad thing.

SaccoV
    Participant

This game is being played at a middle-school level. I think four straight possessions have resulted in turnovers by both teams. State needs to turn on the gas, and run these bums out of the gym.

Texpack
    Participant

Caleb’s handle is MIA today. USF with their second pass to nobody in the last four trips. They as bad as any Whack Hyder coached team from GT in the 70’s.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Feel like we need to win this one by 20+ to consider it a victory… as Trump would say, “They’re just so bad.”

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

hell.. maybe 30+

pakfanistan
    Participant

Looks like those ‘points of emphasis’ have been completely abandoned. They’re about to bust out the folding chairs and start suplexing guys on to tables in this game.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Anya is a scoring machine when there’s no defender (or almost no defender at least).

Wufpacker
    Participant

And FWIW…we’re still only shooting 39% as a team.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Solid defense.

Refs be like, “Solid positional defense.”

Wufpacker
    Participant

Mav 1/7 (0/4 3pt)
    That ain’t gonna get it done against even a semi-capable opponent.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I may be part of the Rowan jinx.. feel like I’ve only witnessed one 3 pointer made by him all year.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I do have a great appreciation for the sFLA cheerleaders (or dance team or whatever…who cares really?) filing one by one up the stairs behind the commentators at halftime.

Nice touch, ESPNU.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Wufpacker
    Participant

My god, how much to we suck from 5 feet or closer?
    Jeebus.
    (a statement which is certainly NOT intended to extole our virtues from 5 feet and beyond)

Yeah…despite the 20 pt cushion, I’m feeling totes negatory today.

Wufpacker
    Participant

#15 for USF is like…a really bad defender.
    I mean…Anya is making him look two steps slow.

Let that sink in for a moment.

pakfanistan
    Participant

My god, how much to we suck from 5 feet or closer?
    Jeebus.

I’m starting to wonder if any of our bigs have nerve endings in their hands…..

SaccoV
    Participant

Pakfanistan with the post win for today. Anya is currently our leading scorer. I would really like to see some Sans-Cat time in this second half.

Fastback68
    Participant

Nice jam!

Wufpacker
    Participant

That was very a very pretty feed and finish.

It helps the USF was slow to defend (shocking, I know) but still….at least we didn’t screw it up.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Abu needs to stop with the 15 footers.

Fastback68
    Participant

Panthers get their very own block on ESPN scrawl line. Matt Ryan was hapless. State with a 25 point lead. Good day.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I’d like to see us use the time for the rest of this game to work Mav in as much as possible.. give the youngin the green light and see if we can’t get him some more experience… he’s going to need to improve a lot more if we want to be competitive this year

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.