So whats the deal?

Home Forums All StateFansNation So whats the deal?

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Wolfanatic
    Participant

Just my 2 cents but I don’t see why SFN and PFN can’t coexist. As long as an agreement is made on which one hosts the game day threads. I don’t necessarily see the two sites as being competitive. Now that SFN is back up I check them both daily. I will say that ATroll is keeping PFN fresh and interesting. To me, I’m glad for the extra site to catch up on all things Pack.

Greywolf
    Participant

People come here for informed opinions and my opinions are so uninformed I don’t see any reason to post them anymore. That and this site is not the place for a quintessential optimist. ;-).

pakfanistan
    Participant

People come here for informed opinions and my opinions are so uninformed I don’t see any reason to post them anymore. That and this site is not the place for a quintessential optimist. ;-).

There’s got to be a handful of us.

TheCOWDOG

Yeah. There are

Rick
    Keymaster

Personally I love your optimism even if I argue against it sometimes. Everyone needs the yin to the yang.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

CD, you not planning on kicking the tires over at the new place? Got an official’s whistle for ya over there if/when you turn up.

TheCOWDOG

Hang tight AT.

McCallum
    Participant

I want you yahoos to figure this out before I get to Russellville Alabama tonight.

It appears I will be visiting the Alabama white BBQ sauce area.

A review of Johnny’s in Cullman is in the works.

McCallum

ryebread
    Participant

McCallum: Good luck with that white sauce. I’ve had more of that than I would care to admit (used to hang out with some Auburn grads). Alabama managed to take perfectly good NC BBQ sauce and wreck it by adding mayo. It kind of works on fried chicken (sort of like chicken fried steak), but is a quick way to wreck a hog or cow.

Grey: I love your optimism, and our recent recruiting momentum in football may allow you to be the one who says “I told you so” regarding DD. Your posts help keep the site going and I enjoy our debates.

I’m probably somewhere in the middle of the scale between optimist and pessimist. I’m generally optimistic in life, but also try not to ignore glaring data points that are there to counter.

For instance with Sid Lowe, Packi and I knew exactly how it would end the day he was hired. We decided to hope for the best and that Lowe could out recruit his coaching record. Didn’t happen, but we always liked the guy. He was doomed before he started with the assistants he chose.

I had followed Gott prior to his time at NC State, so I knew exactly what we were getting there. He was okay early when he had structure with Harrick and actually listened to Lutz. Those two masked a lot of issues. Once Harrick disappeared leaving Gott on his own, and Lutz was more clearly marginalized, then the trajectory was pretty much what I had expected from day one. That was just a desperate, bad hire. There wasn’t much to ever be optimistic about, only the hope that he didn’t totally screw up our program by the time he was gone (which it sadly appears he’s going to be the gift that keeps on giving).

With KK, I think I made it clear on this site that if it wasn’t Archie, it likely was KK or Wade and I much preferred KK to Wade. Packi can tell you I was a little upset (~20 minutes) that it really wasn’t Archie, but turned optimistic fairly quickly because it was KK. Nothing about the ensuing 14 months has changed my opinion that the NC State men’s basketball program is in the best hands it has been in since V was coaching here.

I was very worried about Wade and kept tabs on his year 1 at LSU. He’s recruiting well, but I knew he would. There are a lot of intrinsic recruiting advantages to LSU basketball that allow for that. The actual on the court results, coaching within the games, post game press conferences, player issues, etc. were a lot of what I was concerned about. Not surprisingly people are sniffing around the recruiting as well. I think we dodged a bullet with that one. It doesn’t mean that Wade won’t be successful at LSU (some of those built in program items may allow for that), but I think he’d have been a really bad hire for NC State. I think had we missed on Archie and hired Wade, I may have taken a BJD styled hiatus for a year.

McCallum
    Participant

GOOD LORD, HELP……gasp……ME.

Just finished at Johnny’s. Clean, neat decent place. They do their thing, BBQ is good. Pulled not chopped, slaw is light somewhat white but with little mayo. Could stand another spin on the food processor.

Chicken was good, nothing outstanding and they suggest the white sauce on the chicken. Pepper accumulates at the bottom of the white sauce so you need to shake it. Not bad, not great just kind of out there but it is regional and I love regional distinctions.

Not a Speedys, Honey Monks, Bridges in Shelby or Pete Jones but hell…..who is?

Reporting from Cullman, Alabama.

McCallum

McCallum
    Participant

Gott could pull some leg.

Give him some credit.

McCallum

McCallum
    Participant

I think I detect a hint of liquid smoke!!!

SINNERS!!!!

McCallum

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

If you boys get bored of chatting about eating and want to dissect this ACC baseball tourney going on right now you’re welcome to come join our discussion at the other place! Registering a username there takes all of 30 seconds.

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.