Smug Baby Blues Come To Raleigh One Last Time

Home Forums All StateFansNation Smug Baby Blues Come To Raleigh One Last Time

Viewing 21 posts - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

NCAAT men’s basketball championship banners coming down qualifies as “dropping the hammer”.

Does anyone really care about anything else?

choppack1
    Participant

Yep. I am thinking a 3 year post season ban and loss of scholarships and banners coming down would make me smile.

I think it’s more likely we will see 2 year post season ban for football, 1 year for basketball and 3 for women’s basketball and some minor scholarships reductions. IMHO, that is something above a wrist slap, but it ain’t no hammer and discourages no one.

choppack1
    Participant

Va – I want multiple post season bans – the banners coming down don’t mean squat. They still got to enjoy the moment and the fans don’t have to return the t-shirts.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Appropriate sanctions or not going forward, I find it hard to fathom that any banners will come down.

Rick
    Keymaster

I think it’s more likely we will see 2 year post season ban for football, 1 year for basketball and 3 for women’s basketball and some minor scholarships reductions. IMHO, that is something above a wrist slap, but it ain’t no hammer and discourages no one.

pakfan,
    If we see this or more then I will eat crow.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Va – I want multiple post season bans

Agreed. But I’ll still be disappointed (but not surprised) if at least one banner doesn’t come down.

Rick
    Keymaster

BTW I don’t really consider that to be getting hit much but it is more than I expect. I don’t believe that punishment would change the balance of power whatsoever. After getting the ballyhooed NOA, UNC proceeded to be nationally ranked in both sports, whip our tails in both sports and recruit better than us in both sports. I don’t expect that punishment or anything the NCAA deigns to do will impact that in the least.

Heelh8r
    Participant

I have been having to read your incoherent babbling posts for years so for you to question anyone else’s intelligence is comedy of the highest order. Your posts need an Ovaltine decoder ring to be classified as English.

I don’t have any trouble understanding CD-ese. What he said seemed real clear to me.

redisgood
    Participant

So, Henderson isn’t healing properly from his injury, and Lennard isn’t healing properly from his injury. Who exactly is the team doctor?

pakfanistan
    Participant

So, Henderson isn’t healing properly from his injury, and Lennard isn’t healing properly from his injury. Who exactly is the team doctor?

NC State sports medicine

I kid, I kid. I’m sure our sports medicine team is very good.

Actually, I know the front line is.

Rick
    Keymaster

I have been having to read your incoherent babbling posts for years so for you to question anyone else’s intelligence is comedy of the highest order. Your posts need an Ovaltine decoder ring to be classified as English.

I don’t have any trouble understanding CD-ese. What he said seemed real clear to me.

You caught him before his fourth ‘pripple’ ( prune juice and ripple).

Wufpacker
    Participant

PJ&R is an underrated delicacy.
    Whoooops….’scuse me. I gots a little something something brewing. I hope the plumbing holds.

TheCOWDOG

^Don’t forget the orange slice, Wuf.

Texpack
    Participant

Appropriate punishment would be a one year postseason ban for every year they made the postseason using ineligible players.

I am predicting the following
    MBB – 3 year postseason ban, possibly 4. I don’t think the NCAA will go 4, but this is far and away the most egregious competitive advantage case in NCAA history.
    FB – 2 year ban only because they served one year already.
    WBB – 3 year postseason ban
    Scholly reductions of 20-25% in the guilty sports for 4-5 years

Umptijillion wins vacated including 2 Natty’s, multiple ACC Championships, blah, blah, blah

Installation of an NCAA employee as AD

Wufpacker
    Participant

^Don’t forget the orange slice, Wuf.

Natch. I find it gives the movement a fresh citrus-y aroma.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Installation of an NCAA employee as AD

You know who they deserve?

Lee Fowler.

Wufpacker
    Participant

That’s a hit parade I could get on board with.
    Yes, I ended my sentence with a preposition…shut up.

TheCOWDOG

In the early framework, I was told that 5 yrs postseason across the board was put out there. That, of course, will not happen.

More than likely 2yrs (or 3) for MBB,FB,WBB,quite possibly a yr. each for the soccers, and baseball.

Each with all the trimmings, including forfeitures, and championships if ineligible players apply to those given years.

Whatever the talley, I heard that the men behind the UNx curtain had recently discussed sacrificing this yrs MBB team as an offering to appease the gods. If true, this means things are very bad for them.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Each with all the trimmings, including forfeitures, and championships if ineligible players apply to those given years.

The unx apologists that are trying to hide behind the invisibility cloak of “it’s an academic issue” seem to forget that if a player took part in a fake course, then he/she was not in good academic standing. It should not matter if the athletic department knew about it, or steered players to those courses. If they were ineligible, they were ineligible. Am I right?

44rules
    Participant

That’s a hit parade I could get on board with.
    Yes, I ended my sentence with a preposition…shut up.

That is a rule with which I shall not up with put.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Texpack
    Participant

I also think that when UNC-CH re-opened the NOA to delay the process, the NCAA insisted that it be modified to include an admission of academic fraud since that had been independently determined by SACS since the first NOA was written.

Viewing 21 posts - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.