Smug Baby Blues Come To Raleigh One Last Time

Home Forums All StateFansNation Smug Baby Blues Come To Raleigh One Last Time

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Texpack
    Participant

On their next visit they will be convicted cheaters, never allowed to hold their noses in the air again. A beat down tonight would start the justice chapter of their long, sordid, corrupt existence.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

I expect UNC to win by 10-15 points. Aside from their brain fart in the last minute against Duke, they are actually playing really well right now. Crushed Miami, crushed Pitt and should have beaten Duke.

Sadly but true, Roy doesnt really eff around in these types of games. Hope I am wrong.

tractor57
    Participant

This is one match up Roy really gets worked up about. That I think is a good thing as I get worked up also. I have no idea what the future holds for the Pack or for Roy Wonderboy but hoping for a spirited game from our team.

FergusWolf
    Participant

On their next visit they will be convicted cheaters…

If by convicted, you mean penalized by the NCAA for several minor infractions, resulting in the suspension of Roy Williams for 9 early season games, and no reduction in scholarships or post season penalties…

Then yes, they will be convicted, but I’m sure their noses will still be in the air.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I suggest everyone start focusing their hate NOW. WE COULD KILL ROY TONIGHT!!! 😀

Wufpacker
    Participant

Hate focuser gadget thingamajig….ENGAGED!!!

redisgood
    Participant

“The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.”

Then we pop a cap in their asses.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Awww man, I just shot Marvin in the face.

pakfanistan
    Participant

If by convicted, you mean penalized by the NCAA for several minor infractions, resulting in the suspension of Roy Williams for 9 early season games, and no reduction in scholarships or post season penalties…

Then yes, they will be convicted, but I’m sure their noses will still be in the air.

The NCAA pretty much has to drop the hammer on UNC or there might not be an NCAA.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Wufpacker, might as well call DNS. No, wait, call The Wolf instead. Go Pack!

Pack78
    Participant

Per Conan the Barbarian:

Mongol General: Hao! Dai ye! We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?

Mongol: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.

Mongol General: Wrong! Conan! What is best in life?

Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

Mongol General: That is good! That is good.

But popping a cap would be so much quicker…

FergusWolf
    Participant

The NCAA pretty much has to drop the hammer on UNC or there might not be an NCAA.

That’s one fancy dream world you live in there. But all things considered, a world without an NCAA might be worth it.

Rick
    Keymaster

I don’t know how anyone believes UNC will have anything substantial happen to them. It has been six plus years and nothing.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I don’t know how anyone believes UNC will have anything substantial happen to them. It has been six plus years and nothing.

Logic.

1) UNC is clearly guilty of some of the worst violations ever discovered
    2) Other schools have been effectively neutered for much less
    3) Other schools have a vested interest in maintaining a level playing field
    4) If the NCAA isn’t willing to at least appear to provide that, those schools should, and I think will, revolt.
    5) If the NCAA doesn’t have the support of its member institutions, it’s as good as dead.
    6) The NCAA has a vested interest in it’s own survival.
    7) The NCAA must act, and be severe enough to not draw the ire of literally every other school.

Rick
    Keymaster

Logic.

1) UNC is clearly guilty of some of the worst violations ever discovered
    2) Other schools have been effectively neutered for much less
    3) Other schools have a vested interest in maintaining a level playing field
    4) If the NCAA isn’t willing to at least appear to provide that, those schools should, and I think will, revolt.
    5) If the NCAA doesn’t have the support of its member institutions, it’s as good as dead.
    6) The NCAA has a vested interest in it’s own survival.
    7) The NCAA must act, and be severe enough to not draw the ire of literally every other school.

I happen to agree with 1-6. I just happen to think its not going to happen. I would love to be wrong but I don’t think anything substantial is going to happen. If it was it would have already happened. The NCAA has had 6 plus years to punish UNC and has chosen not to. Points 1-6 have all applied during those 6 plus years and we get nothing but crickets from the NCAA.

TheCOWDOG

Educate yourselves…Read the tea leaves, know the process and you won’t come across as being uninformed.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Wufpacker, might as well call DNS. No, wait, call The Wolf instead. Go Pack!

Heh, I missed this yesterday.
    DNS ain’t my f-cking business.
    (nice use of abbreviation, btw…good choice lol)

Rick
    Keymaster

Educate yourselves…Read the tea leaves, know the process and you won’t come across as being uninformed.

Maybe you would care to actually inform people instead of making passive aggressive slights? My guess is not because if you shared some of that infinite wisdom you wouldn’t be able to refer to someone as uninformed.

TheCOWDOG

Ricky, you sir are a dumbass…Aggressive enough?

Ignorant of fact, as well. The NCAA has issued 5 major infractions, including LOIC. This NOA was produced in 2.5 yrs. You will recall that this was a 2nd investigation, as UNx had received a previous sanction as the result of the unrelated 1st. So, no. It has not been 6 yrs; and it has not been crickets except to the uninformed.

Look, I have no problem with folks that are oblivious to what is out there to gleen, but I am embarassed for people who play chattel to UNx spin machine in the last vestiges of TCW.

As, to my knowledge to impart? …I came to this site last Spring, and stated that the NCAA had gone off the reservation, and to expect serious charges…just weeks before the NOA was announced. Yes, I have connections that will leak what they can, and in turn, it is sometimes passed on in here. That’s about it.

Passive aggresive. I like when a person discovers a new phrase, and uses it throught the day. Very clever.

Zaphod
    Participant

I know nothing about the machinations of the UNC investigation, but it took almost 8 years for the NCAA to sanction Syracuse for their misdeeds. I suspect that it takes a looooong time to go through all the evidence and tie all the leads and links together. I still assume that the TarHoles will get pounded.

Rick
    Keymaster

Ricky, you sir are a dumbass…Aggressive enough?

Ignorant of fact, as well. The NCAA has issued 5 major infractions, including LOIC. This NOA was produced in 2.5 yrs. You will recall that this was a 2nd investigation, as UNx had received a previous sanction as the result of the unrelated 1st. So, no. It has not been 6 yrs; and it has not been crickets except to the uninformed.

Look, I have no problem with folks that are oblivious to what is out there to gleen, but I am embarassed for people who play chattel to UNx spin machine in the last vestiges of TCW.

As, to my knowledge to impart? …I came to this site last Spring, and stated that the NCAA had gone off the reservation, and to expect serious charges…just weeks before the NOA was announced. Yes, I have connections that will leak what they can, and in turn, it is sometimes passed on in here. That’s about it.

Passive aggresive. I like when a person discovers a new phrase, and uses it throught the day. Very clever.

I have been having to read your incoherent babbling posts for years so for you to question anyone else’s intelligence is comedy of the highest order. Your posts need an Ovaltine decoder ring to be classified as English.

As to the subject at hand, when something substantial actually happens to UNC then, and only then, will I admit I am wrong (something you are completely and utterly incapable of doing). I have seen this go on for 6 years and nothing has happened to them (BTW I find it comedy of the highest order that you are bragging about “predicting” something and still nothing has happened to UNC). It has nothing to do with “buying into their spin”. Its called looking at reality and what has actually happened. But then again you long ago stopped dealing in reality with your love affair with Gott.

As to learning a new phrase, at least I have that capability. Old dog, new tricks, you figure it out if you can.

pakfanistan
    Participant

when something substantial actually happens to UNC then, and only then, will I admit I am wrong

Quoting for posterity.

Rick
    Keymaster

when something substantial actually happens to UNC then, and only then, will I admit I am wrong

Quoting for posterity.

Have at it. I would like nothing more than to be wrong about this. I would love for UNC to be hurled into the desert for 30 years like we have been. I just don’t see it happening.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I doubt that anyone else would ever emulate State’s self-castration. And for sure, UNC isn’t going to do anything to themselves and will force the NCAA to levy the penalties.

I have no doubt that a number of programs will be hit hard by the NCAA. I’m less confident (but hopeful) that we will see banners come down in the Dean Dome.

pakfanistan
    Participant

How about this, why don’t we define what dropping the hammer is? Otherwise one side can just move the goalposts and say, “See, I told you there wouldn’t be any REAL punishment,” or “See, I told you they’d be crushed,” for a 10 game suspension, one year post season ban, and no loss of scholarships.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.