Seton Hall "house money" game thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Seton Hall "house money" game thread

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Down 6 with 1 minute to play…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    jay95
    Participant

OK call off the dogs, let’s just get this over with.

Class of 95

Packzingo
    Participant

Face it, the other four have kinda given up on seeing the ball!!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant
    MrPlywood
    Participant

Face it, the other four have kinda given up on seeing the ball!!

Tendencies.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

They have 28 points from the free throw line. We have 16.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

BALLGAME…
    Smoke if you got ’em….

On the Big Board…
    Seton Hall – 94
    PACK – 83

Tough game…
    FIFTY THREE personal fouls called…
    Shoulda let Teddy and Jamie officate…

Some how we kept it close…

Al Freeman with a great game today!
    We’ll miss him next season….

Still a HELLUVA season for Keatts and these kids!!!

I enjoyed it, SFN guys… Thanks!

GO PACK!

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Freeman turding it up toward the end.. we need 3 pointers.. I’m totally befuddled

Packzingo
    Participant

Enjoyed the B.B. yr and the time here! On to the Pack 9 and looking forward to spring FB!!
    Go Pack

MrPlywood
    Participant

Will we ever get rid of the “season high, career high for” a team or player? Seems like the Pack specializes in that department.

KK 2.0 starts now. Will it include Y7?

jay95
    Participant

I have to say I’ve enjoyed spending the season with you guys. The team certainly overachieved and I enjoyed watching them play almost every game. Look forward to what Coach Keatts can do in the future. I’ve been a STATE fan too long to get too excited but I can’t help but think that things are looking up for Wolfpack basketball.

Class of 95

Packzingo
    Participant

Parting shot: I think I saw Yurt and Boo discussing European “C” league! (That would be Club). LOL

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Well Bill, almost time to get a Cubbies thread going.

Fastback68
    Participant

8 new players coming in next year. Will be interesting to see what yurt does.

tractor57
    Participant

house money looses and TBS streaming still sucks

Wulfpack
    Participant

Enjoyed it fellas.

jay95
    Participant

Nah Abu was telling him his junior year would be his best year, but senior year sucks.

Class of 95

Wolfanatic
    Participant

If you would have told me that BB would be blanked for the game, and that State would go 16-27 from the FT line before the game, I would have called BS. What an abysmal game…

tractor57
    Participant

No issues with the progress of the team – just wish I didn’t see “in commercial break” for most of the second half.

Packzingo
    Participant

Nah Abu was telling him his junior year would be his best year, but senior year sucks.

Yep….LOL, Abu is a classy kid but just didn’t put it together this year. The injury hurt him some and then the rest was just him hurting himself!

Heelh8r
    Participant

H8r checking in late had to watch on delay. I did go through and read every comment it was like re-watching the game.

My thoughts:
    *Allerick really wanted to win. Criticize him if you must for trying to do too much, but if we had 3-4 more guys to put their heart into it like he did we would have won.
    *Yurt should have stayed on the bus.
    *I didn’t want to believe it, but truthfully we kind of petered out at the end of the season. I think opposing teams caught up to us on solving the press and getting way too many easy baskets. We bragged about our conditioning, but from the GT game on we looked tried and slow, and our defense was too easy to solve.

I vote for BotB as SFN MVP of the year. Thanks BotB for keeping the game threads going, and for keeping them fun and informative. It was way more fun and positive this year, and we had a lot of good contributions. Thanks for the good times everyone!

Next year is going to be awesome-Football and Basketball. We are on a ROLL!!

Wulfpack
    Participant

All in all a great year. Plenty to build off of.

TheCOWDOG

It ain’t over yet. CWS isn’t out of reach.

Texpack
    Participant

Nice season. I’ll always like this team and how they came together and covered each other’s back. Next year will be interesting again with a wholesale turnover of the roster.
    Thanks for making the game conversations fun. Now it’s time to pull the Coogs through to San Antonio.

ryebread
    Participant

I didn’t like the match up. Seton Hall had a senior led team who felt like they had a lot of unfinished business. They were big inside and were battle tested from what I personally thought was the best league this year (the Big East). I still thought we’d get this one due to the long layoff, but I kind of figured out early that it just wasn’t going to be our day.

Game balls go to the Freeman brothers (figure of speech). They played like seniors who didn’t want their careers to end. I was sad for Al Freeman when he was crying in the handshake line afterwards. Say what you want but the guy had a career game when we needed it most. If the rest of the kids cared as much as AF, we’d have won today.

Nard was the only effective big man. Dorn stuffed the stat sheet yet again. They came to play, whistles be damned. The rest kind of looked surprised at how the game was being called.

In the end, we kind of peaked 2-3 weeks ago. I think we never quite recovered from GT. Maybe we just ran out of gas. Beverly in particular seemed to hit the freshman wall.

Oh well, on to next year. I really enjoyed year one. It will be interesting to see who is back, what all the new additions look like, what the OOC schedule looks like, physically how we look from a conditioning perspective and how quickly we get as a team. The future looks bright, but we need to carry some momentum and not reboot.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.