Saturday’s best & highlights of State’s win at Georgia Tech

Home Forums All StateFansNation Saturday’s best & highlights of State’s win at Georgia Tech

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    tractor57
    Participant

Not sure I can say the staff is as good as any in the league. I like the staff, I see some progress but in the end it comes down to wins and losses – on that measure not quite there.

eas
    Participant

Maybe our coaching staff is like a great NBA team. Individually it’s like the “dream” team but when you put them together is it’s like watching the Circus.

Maybe on PAPER we have as good or the best staff in the league. The results show the complete opposite. One thing is for sure Bobby Lutz will be taking the first HC job that is offered to him. He has been itching to leave really bad to get back into HC.

I do agree we have a good staff no doubt. However, collectively the product looks subpar for many years now.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Our current coaching staff is as good as any in the league except maybe one…

I wouldn’t even know how to objectively evaluate this claim.

That’s easy….wins, losses, and major accomplishments.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Right, but many assistants have never been the head man.

Lutz was decent (for a time) at Charlotte and Whit did not do well at Fordham.

You can never blame an assistant for wanting a head coaching job. In fact, if I am a head coach I want that.

Mike
    Participant

One Q scenario to answer honestly and look down deep inside yourself.

Would you rather have a team capable of going up double digits and struggling to maintain said lead, or would you rather have a team that cant win at all and goes down double digits every game?

Giving up leads is frustrating, but at least now we are building the leads. Years past we had no chance to blow leads because we were not even getting such leads.

Tau837
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>PackFamily wrote:</div>
    Our current coaching staff is as good as any in the league except maybe one…

Oh how I wish there was evidence to support this ridiculous claim.

I will take it a step further. IMO Yow should direct Gott to shake up the staff after this season. IMO we should replace Lutz and one other assistant coach.

Pack85EE
    Participant

SFN continues to be a tough crowd. I don’t understand someone saying they won’t watch the pack play and then takes time to spout off on a web forum. Just seems strange to me. I still support Gott. This team relies a lot on young guys.
    Recruiting is how he will build this team and it looks like a real issue right now with 2015 a Zero. Gott’s first real class went out the door. Each had their reasons, Warren we were happy for, so we are only looking at two classes for Coach. I like the two classes and I like the transfers he supplemented the team with. I think most of us are frustrated because this team started to exceed expectations early and then fell back. If they finish strong and make the dance it will have been a good season. But we all want more next year. We want to start dominating and being firmly in the top 1/2, on the edge of top tier, until we can stay there.

But just to be sure with the pulse of SFN, Are we OK with DD and down on Gott, because it changes so much, I’m not sure with you guys.

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.