Road Trip to Winston-Salem 2Nite

Home Forums All StateFansNation Road Trip to Winston-Salem 2Nite

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    choppack1
    Participant

It’s bad when you feel bad for the kids who have signed with your alma mater.

Gott has to find more skill and depth.

Rick
    Keymaster

That was nice

Heelh8r
    Participant

That’s the way you do it

pakfanistan
    Participant

Man, I feel for Cat.

Sometimes it feels like cat and four of these.

Rick
    Keymaster

Well that wraps up an 0-3 start.
    Trend is not good

Rick
    Keymaster

Man, I feel for Cat.

Sometimes it feels like cat and four of these.

Agreed. The offense makes no sense.

Do we need a pool on the first acc win?

WolfWiz11
    Participant

*closes computer* Well, time to finish myself in the bathroom.

Wulfpack
    Participant

This should count as two losses. Fight back to take the lead then get whipped again.

Prowling Woofie
    Participant

Absolutely love Cat Barber. Dude brings it every night, even knowing he’s playing with four crash test dummies….

Rick
    Keymaster

Absolutely love Cat Barber. Dude brings it every night, even knowing he’s playing with four crash test dummies….

Mmmm mmmm mmm mmm mmm mmmm mmmm

Rick
    Keymaster

Is this the faux hope at the end?

Wulfpack
    Participant

0-3, and about to get a whole lot worse the next two weeks.

Rick
    Keymaster

The race to the bottom has begun

rbwolfpack
    Participant

Its offical. Last place we have it wrapped up.

choppack1
    Participant

Well, we have our work cut out for us. Our guys play hard, we just need more D1 players.

No one has any business insulting the kids on this team, the problem is that there aren’t enough of them…hell, these 6 or 7 bring it.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I didn’t watch the last 5 minutes. Finished cleaning the kitchen, then aptly sifted the litterboxes (hey it was cold this week and the predators had to stay inside more than they liked).

I would like to think Syracuse for having played an extra game and keeping us temporarily out of last.

You couldn’t pay me enough to watch the Holes game. My weekend won’t be ruined until the Yinzers beat my beloved Donks Sunday night, thank you very much.

Good visual, Wuf. Thanks for that!!

packer74
    Participant

Train wreck.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Our front line players in Abu/Anya have to be the worst in the country. Especially Anya. Just a big goof. We certainly can’t rely on offense from them, for that matter the rest of the team. Seems we decide to start playing when time is running out, and again coming up short. The shoulda/coulda/wouldas. Awful! 0-3 in the conference is a great start. And I ain’t blaming coach, cause these guys can’t shoot. Pathetic!

john of sparta
    Participant

as above:
    pool bet….do we win in ACC play?
    if so: what game is the first win?

ryebread
    Participant

Don’t insult the players. Outside of FT shooting (which I think is fair game), they’re seemingly doing what they’re being asked.

I didn’t like this hire when we made it and was vocal about it. The rally at the end of year one gave me hope, but getting punched in the mouth by Oklahoma State in year two answered any lingering questions I had about the staff and whether they could build year over year. Like with Lowe, the foreshadowing was there in the great year two flop. It is just how long it takes to play out, and the fact that the ceiling is a bit higher with this staff.

As for the game, I watched the first half and a chunk of the second. It was obvious early that the only way we’d win was Cat scoring 50, because the bigs were all going to foul out. Wake looked much better coached and their offense generated much higher percentage shots than ours did.

If this season plays out like I think it is going to, Gott had better make some staff changes in the offseason. I don’t know if his ego will take system changes but staff changes will be needed to show he’s doing something.

JohnGalt78
    Participant

OK, so now can we stop with all this “must win” stuff?

The highlight of the season will be Cat winning POY and going in the first round.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Good visual, Wuf. Thanks for that!!

I know what you like, Joe. Me love you long time.

fullmoon1
    Participant

I tried to stop watching early on. I kept finding myself drawn back to the tv like a gnat to a sweaty ear. In the last minute you would think hott would frantically be yelling instructions from the sidelines. Presumably instructing them to foul. Or something. In those waiting seconds as cat tried to foul to stop the clock, the camera one to gott and he was wrestling with a water bottle as he attempted to open it. He accepted the fate early on. I lay this loss at the feet of the coach. Putting Abu back in during the first half was questionable. Staying with man to man was worse at that point. I just popped in to throw another turd on the dumpster fire.

wolfpack2016
    Participant

I didn’t watch the game but I heard Cody was doing some good things. These losses are all on the coach. If he doesn’t know how to utilize our players effectively and efficiently with the talent that we have then he is not a good coach. Past seasons were overshadowed but one player scoring high numbers each game, but the team continued with same problems, FTs, Defense, no movement off the ball, etc. It shows more now since the talent is not there.

Wulfpack
    Participant

It appears that our head coach has a case of the denials:

“I don’t think anybody wants to be 0-3,” Gottfried said. “I think it’s different if you’re 0-3 and you’re just not very good at all. I’ve seen bad teams before, we’re not a bad team.

“We’re a good team that’s getting better. We just don’t have a lot to show for it yet in the league.”

No, coach. You are not a good team. You have a team with zero margin for error. If anyone gets in foul trouble, your team is screwed because you have no bench. You have a team that does not move the basketball – a team that stands around and watches his star make magic. You have a team that goes long stretches without scoring, while the opponent blows right past you. I hope your case of the denials heals quickly, and that this allows you to open your eyes to see what everyone else sees.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.