Rawle Alkins

Home Forums All StateFansNation Rawle Alkins

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    drector
    Participant

Anyone have any news about his recruitment. Any chance he comes to State? Would be huge to have both him and DSJ next year.

FergusWolf
    Participant

Current thoughts are that he is going to Arizona, with us as a distant second place. Looks like another “Bam” situation where we were in the lead until a power team showed up.

Rick
    Keymaster

From all appearances DSJ is the only freshman we will get. Rumors are we will be trolling the post grads for some more help.

pakfanistan
    Participant

From all appearances DSJ is the only freshman we will get.

{{Citation needed}}

Wufpacker
    Participant

Current thoughts are that he is going to Arizona, with us as a distant second place. Looks like another “Bam” situation where we were in the lead until a power team showed up.

Dude’s a consensus top 20 recruit. There have been plenty of other power schools the whole time. His offer list reads like a who’s who of NCAAB.
    It is interesting that UofA would arise out of nowhere tho. I hadn’t heard that (though admittedly I don’t follow recruiting very closely at any time, and even less so this year).
    That Miller must be paying recruits again.

StateRed44
    Participant

From all appearances DSJ is the only freshman we will get. Rumors are we will be trolling the post grads for some more help.

If that’s the case, I find that unacceptable. Last year all we heard was this was the big recruiting year. I can look past bringing in 1 bench warmer for 1 year if you are stacked. But to only bring in a probable 1 and done the very next year is lunacy. If you are going to have a transfer heavy program, you should at least run your own ‘waiver wire” on the back end to enable talent development.

Rick
    Keymaster

From all appearances DSJ is the only freshman we will get.

{{Citation needed}}

I could use the crotchety “read up on it so you don’t appear uniformed” but I am not THAT big of an ass (this is not a shot at your pakfan). I don’t have a specific citation but it is what I gather from reading the other site. There is no single statement but recruiting targets for this year are nonexistent.
    Gott has pulled a rabbit from his hat and he might again but right now it appears jucos and post grads are what we are focusing on for next year.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

If that’s the case, I find that unacceptable. Last year all we heard was this was the big recruiting year. I can look past bringing in 1 bench warmer for 1 year if you are stacked. But to only bring in a probable 1 and done the very next year is lunacy. If you are going to have a transfer heavy program, you should at least run your own ‘waiver wire” on the back end to enable talent development.

Jesus Christ than that means 2017 we will be historically bad.

StateRed44
    Participant

Oops, I forgot about the ghost. Shows how much I care I guess. Bring on Miller, enough with the bs.

Rick
    Keymaster

We have to hope Henderson and Dorn are as good as the coaches believe them to be and that DSJ is as good as advertised. The concern is none of the three have played competitive ball in over a year and two are coming off of major injuries. Who knows about the big men.

Honestly, we don’t have much to base an opinion on either way, there are just too many unknowns. I would guess we will start really slow and then we will squeak into the tournament and win a game or two. But that is more based on Gott’s past norms than anything else.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

But that is more based on Gott’s past norms than anything else.

And the assumption that no one besides Cat leaves early?

Rick
    Keymaster

But that is more based on Gott’s past norms than anything else.

And the assumption that no one besides Cat leaves early?

I am pretty sure someone else will leave, they always do but I don’t see how you can factor that into any equation. The three I mentioned will not be going anywhere and the rest of the team is not exactly lighting the world on fire so if someone else leaves is it really going to have a huge impact? I am asking as I really have no idea.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

We have to hope Henderson and Dorn are as good as the coaches believe them to be and that DSJ is as good as advertised. The concern is none of the three have played competitive ball in over a year and two are coming off of major injuries. Who knows about the big men.

Honestly, we don’t have much to base an opinion on either way, there are just too many unknowns. I would guess we will start really slow and then we will squeak into the tournament and win a game or two. But that is more based on Gott’s past norms than anything else.

The 2017-18 season Henderson and DSJ will both be gone. We are really shallow in regards to Frosh and soph.

As to this offseason I would bet we see at least one “WTF” departure.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I could use the crotchety “read up on it so you don’t appear uniformed” but I am not THAT big of an ass (this is not a shot at your pakfan). I don’t have a specific citation but it is what I gather from reading the other site. There is no single statement but recruiting targets for this year are nonexistent.
    Gott has pulled a rabbit from his hat and he might again but right now it appears jucos and post grads are what we are focusing on for next year.

Read up so you don’t appear uninformed 😉

http://www.backingthepack.com/nc-state-basketball/2016/2/22/11086768/basketball-recruiting-update-new-2016-offer

Not saying we have a prayer at any of those guys, but we do have targets.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Didn’t you already predict that Shaun Kirk would transfer out?

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Not sure if I “predicted” it but it certainly wouldnt surprise me. I think a “WTF” departure would be Abu, Mav or the Twins. I have zero inside info just quantifying what I think a “WTF” departure would be. If Kirk isnt getting minutes during this dumpster fire of a season and with Freeman on one leg then him leaving shouldnt really surprise any one.

redisgood
    Participant

I think those are all “Hail Mary” targets, but you never know. I do know unless he brings in one or two bigs, Abu could be next year’s version of Cat Barber. I wouldn’t count on Freeman, and Beejay has proven to be pretty one dimensional.

Gott has pulled rabbits out of his butt in the past, and he sure will need one or two of those rabbits next year.

redisgood
    Participant

Haha. Kirk and everyone else:

“History says there will be at least one. We can speculate. Too many 3’s next year. Mav or the Martins leaving? Anya just totally quitting the game would be something I can see. His heart is clearly not in it.”

“Odds of not being on the 2016-2017 NCSU bball team
    Cat 100%
    Abu 80%
    Anya 50%
    Twins 40%
    Kirk 100%
    Mav 50%”

“If I was a betting man I would wager the twins transfer, we most likely lose Cat and either Abu or Anya.”

I’ll just stop there.

TheCOWDOG

Thanks Redisgood, Wuf and Paki. I was about to get all Passive-Aggressive.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Holy green goddamn. redisgood with the totes awesome data mining.
    Hell, everybody’s leaving. I might be able to get my fantasy walk on dream as an undersized white PG who can’t shoot (and probably can no longer pass) after all.
    When the hell are tryouts???????????

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

whats wrong with speculating?

Wufpacker
    Participant

Oy…I’m out.
    Hopefully we can field a team next year without my slow white ass.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Well, judging by the non-scientific “bench demeanor” metric, I’d say that Kirk stays put. He looks pretty happy whenever he gets screen time. I’d expect an unhappy guy to be brooding.

Rick
    Keymaster

Thanks Redisgood, Wuf and Paki. I was about to get all Passive-Aggressive.

I knew I smelled moth balls and cabbage.
    Lo and behold.

Rick
    Keymaster

Holy green goddamn. redisgood with the totes awesome data mining.
    Hell, everybody’s leaving. I might be able to get my fantasy walk on dream as an undersized white PG who can’t shoot (and probably can no longer pass) after all.
    When the hell are tryouts???????????

Sounds like you fit in perfectly.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.