Post Election – Exit Poll…

Home Forums All StateFansNation Post Election – Exit Poll…

Viewing 17 posts - 51 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Adventuroo
    Participant

GoWolves & PakFanistan…..et. al. YEP….seems like this little subject doth get stirred up…..so here goes….facts are facts….and some don’t believe…

Medicare Advantage was a Bush era program that actually folks liked as it provided one stop shopping. BUT (you will have to tell me), it was NOT a favorite of the opposite party….quite the contrary. Interesting factoid, the reason that I used VA was the fact that a retired friend who voted consistently for certain candidates is NOW extremely upset. WHY….their Medicare Advantage has been TAKEN AWAY. Seems like they FORGOT that the senator (Warner) voted FOR ACA….and FINALLY made the connection….but had already “early voted”. Here is the Forbes article that actually explains it without a “Party Spin”. Bottom line, $716,000,000,000 was taken OUT and will go to “those that are in need”. Personally I always paid the MAX in SS (thanks to my position and my quality NCSU BS) and also taxes on that income plus a bunch of Capital Gains. SO, I paid my share….I want my “$10>

NOTE…. Bill.OnTheBeach. The polling data is just what it is….no more….no less. BUT, you can actually READ it and not have it “summarized” by some Liberal OAT or some Conservative Radical. You can READ and DECIDE. The reason that I picked VA is that I have a friend that is UPSET about their Medicare Advantage LOSS….read the rest. It is a HOOT….

The OTHER reason was, that IMHO, the Near Warner Upset ranked MUCH higher on the Richter scale than did the Tilis or the Udall or the others. That one, caught the pollsters OFF GUARD…

Here is the Forbes Article….there are SEVERAL that reach the SAME conclusion…..never believe all the campaign rhetoric…..check for yourself…
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottgottlieb/2014/01/06/more-cuts-in-store-for-medicare-plans-heres-the-options-that-will-shrink-most-for-seniors/

As to the speech….you said….show me where he said it. I gave you TWO speeches….it was not show me where he said it last week. If you review the transcript of last Wednesday’s speech, there are overtones of it in several places.

As to the TEN DOLLAR comment. I asked YOU….TWICE….this is the THIRD time. If you don’t want to comment….then say so. I personally don’t see why I should have to ask a guy named Rick about a “tag line” that you post. I really do NOT know what you mean or imply….I just wanted to know. If you do NOT want to tell us….then your tag line means little….

Y’all play nice….was at the Campus today for a reunion….GO STATE….on to GT….

Wulfpack
    Participant

The conservative argument against funding education is based on the fact that they believe the public school systems are liberal re-education camps.

Oh, I know. So we mine as well get dumber and dumber. Excellent strategy, I tell ya. It’s really going to pay off down the road.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

“The conservative argument against funding education is based on the fact that they believe the public school systems are liberal re-education camps.”

Really? Who’s wearing the tin foil hat now?

pakfanistan
    Participant

It won’t let me post for some reason, but you can try this.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=liberal+brainwashing

Guys, the filter is way to strict. It would be nice to have some feedback on why posts are flagged…

pakfanistan
    Participant

It won’t let me post for some reason, but you can try this.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=liberal+brainwashing

YogiNC
    Participant

The conservative argument against funding education is based on the fact that they believe the public school systems are liberal re-education camps.

pakfanistan, that is the most uninformed thing I’ve ever read by you. Now, are there certain things that conservatives are unhappy about in the current system??? You BET! Especially some of the liberal CRAP that college professors shove down the throats of students. TEACHERS SHOULD BE NON BIASED IN THE CLASSROOMS! They don’t let them speak about anything of a Christian nature, they shouldn’t be able to say anything of a political nature either. There was a teacher that was formally reprimanded when i was in high school many years ago for wearing a political button about 1.5″ in diameter. And don’t give me that freedom of speech crap either. They are there to teach, not politically influence!

Smarter than the average bear

highstick
    Participant

Bill, are you limiting this to NC or including the “rest of the civilized world”?

Funny, but I’m having a hard time with some “Packpriders” who don’t understand that you cannot discuss corruption at UnC and ignore the “politics”? Or has the NC Voter become so hung up on voting “Yellow Dog” that they don’t get it?

Jeez, I saw too much “junk” with NC politics when I “dabbled in tobacco in the 70’s for a while”!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Adventuroo
    Participant

Highstick,

Great point….and I SWORE I would not read this anymore…..but look WHO is the head knocker….

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_W._Ross

Speaking of Tobacco…..look at the Z Smith Reynolds “projects” and what they promote. It is like the Kennedy’s thinking that they have tainted money…..they HAVE to give it away to atone for the sins (and crimes) of old Joe. That is where the family fortune came from….Bootlegging….(or at least what I have read).

The Reynolds heirs have the same complex….

http://www.dukechronicle.com/articles/2002/04/05/reparation-suits-begin-duke-possible-target

Duke does not exactly have a stellar or liberal background….

Some of the comments today in the N&O about the “2005” teams had some references to the fact that slave labor was one of the major sources for building it and that that the “Democratic” party in NC fought segregation and practiced it on campus far longer than NCSU.

Politics and UNC’s current MESS…..try mixing up a jar of Peanut Butter and a jar of Jelly in a bowl….with an industrial mixer. THEN try to separate them back into their two components. That will be your “warm-up” for separating UNC and the Democratic Policy Machine….

OOHHHHH….I feel better…..

Texpack
    Participant

Only 10% of boats are seaworthy?

I don’t think I would phrase it quite that way. Some of the boats aren’t as equipped for changing seas as others. The link below is a pretty good example of what I’m talking about. One of the problems I have with the whole income inequality “problem” is that people think it’s indicative of some nefarious activities and that it can’t possibly be the result of the free market.

Income Inequality = Skill Set Inequality * Motivation Inequality

As you can see from the article below lots of hard working, really good people can end up with skill sets that are no longer valuable. Does that make them bad people or mean that it’s their “fault?” (the obsession with finding who is at fault drives me nuts also). Is it somehow the fault of Wall Street that the coal mines are closing? Of course not on both counts. It’s just the way life goes sometimes.

I spent 19 years in the Paper Industry after I got out of NC State with a Pulp & Paper Degree, but the domestic industry was in a steady downward spiral so I reached a point where I had to go somewhere else. I started over making about 35% less than I had before in another industry. It’s one of the best things that’s ever happened to me. I see resumes all the time from people who put in 6-15 years with one employer before they closed their doors. It takes some of those folks another 10 years to find a good long term landing spot.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Mr. Stick… Good morning Sir… No.

I’m pretty sure that people voting on the “perceived” basis, either consciously or unconsciously, for candidates that will give something to people, including themselves, they “like” and/or not give something to people they “don’t like” is pervasive in 49 out of 50 states and damn if I know which state is the one excluded…

I might mention it was pointed out to me … that we probably ought to include “religious intolerance” to that list of human rights issues posted earlier..

RE: Politics and the UNC BOG… the terms are synonymous and inseparable… it’s been that way since 1792 regardless of the political party in power.

RE: Politics and Tobacco in NC… same as above… maybe worst… if that’s possible…
    Although, if the POBs at the time (1970s-80s) had really wanted to shut “the Tobacco Program” down… they should have given the job to the DOJ not the FDA… and remember I grew up in ‘da ‘bacca patch…

RE: “Yellow Dogs”… I already told you… they are all Dead. In some counties… we now have “Red Dogs and Blue Cats” and in other counties we have “Red Cats and Blue Dogs”… some of their parents were “Yellow Dogs” and “Yellow Cats”…

RE: Business, Politics, Penance and the Absolution of one’s sins…
    Ha! Plenty of non-Catholic folks still believe… and without that we wouldn’t have half of the “chartiable organizations” we have and most universities would be half their current size…

Not that I’m complaining too much… just an observation… for in “mysterious ways” — good follows evil more times that not…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    ncsu1987
    Participant

Late to the party, so likely just singing to the walls…

Bill, I’m going to say that there are people who voted for all of them – 1,2,3,4. But I think between 3 and 4, you’ve captured the essence of this particular election.

I have a hard-time reading any kind of repudiation or mandate into elections in general, and especially mid-terms. When I look at recent trends (not just the single election) I see an electorate that is swinging wildly from one side to the other, every two years, like clockwork. As BJ said, lather, rinse, repeat. Almost as if the electorate is really fed up, but has no idea what to do within the constraints of our system.

I know you specifically didn’t ask for this, but here goes anyway. I vote issues and candidates, regardless of party affiliation. I would love to be proven wrong, but I don’t think many people do that anymore. And while I think that’s sad, maybe it’s not. Maybe I’m obsolete in my thinking. Would love to hear other perspective on this. Just as an example, I really despise a lot of the things that Obama has done, but I really like some other things he has done. Six years ago, I said exactly the same thing about Bush. Same thing for Hagan, same thing for Tillis.

Just my opinion that the majority of voters are WAY more black and white, cut and dry, zero or one than we used to be. As a thought experiment, let’s say you’re a staunch Republican. Try to name one good thing that Obama has done. If you’re a Democrat, try to name one good thing that Bush did. Both presidents worked for a lot of things over the course of their tenure. If you can’t find something good, you may not be objective.

IMO the past 15 years our elected officials have made a mockery of the government that was intended for us – BOTH parties. I’m a firm believer that our two-party system is limiting our options and is the single most important driving force behind today’s corruption, intolerance, and gridlock. But I don’t know what to do about it so, in the end, I guess I’m just one of the whiners I otherwise despise.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

— 87…

You’re Welcome.. Yeah … I remember thinking about issues and policies when I voted years ago… then I GOTT to be one of those elected officials… that kinda changed the way I looked at things…

At the time, we were concerned about annexation… during the first campaign… people were grilling me… “What are you going to do about it?” – with that I want an answer now tone. Well, all I could say was… “Well… that’s important and that’s one of the first things I’m going to sit down with City Manager and do my homework on…”. So after the election, the very same people… are busting my balls… “YOU ARE going to annex AREN’T YOU?? – what are you waiting for?”

That kinda took something those off campaign speeches….

Bottom line is most of today’s politicians have very little respect, if any, for the voters who elected them and are going to do exactly what they want to or what one of the invisible people tell them to do…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Texpack
    Participant

More on income inequality. I should have known there had been a “study’ on the subject that got everyone fired up.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/phil-gramm-and-michael-solon-how-to-distort-income-inequality-1415749856?mod=trending_now_2

pakfanistan
    Participant

It goes on, and on, and on, and on.

pakfanistan
    Participant

pakfanistan
    Participant

pakfanistan
    Participant

Viewing 17 posts - 51 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.