Podcast: S2 E19 – Boise St Expert on our new OC & A Surprising Take on Gottfried

Home Forums All StateFansNation Podcast: S2 E19 – Boise St Expert on our new OC & A Surprising Take on Gottfried

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    JackWolf
    Keymaster

The fellas over at the Red & White Podcast (@redwhitepodcast) put together a great episode with some unique Boise St offense insight on our new OC Eli
    [See the full post at: Podcast: S2 E19 – Boise St Expert on our new OC & A Surprising Take on Gottfried]

Pack85EE
    Participant

On discussing Gottfried, disagree with some of what was said. The biggest issue is Gottfried’s recruiting. You can miss out on some key guys, but you need to have those other guys too. How can we only have 9 scholarship players. With one hurt and most of the team being young, this team is in trouble.
    But as to “maybe that’s who State is” as in not a power name in basketball, no the rise of the other teams show that’s not true, especially in basketball, A great coach should get the kids he needs at just about any location, especially the ACC.
    I’ll give coach a pass this year but next year’s team is not going to be any better, A freshman Smith verses a Junior Cat is the only difference, unless he brings in more guys.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Somebody please summarize the Gott points for those of is that cannot access the cast right now. Thanks.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Somebody please summarize the Gott points for those of is that cannot access the cast right now. Thanks.

Two grown-ass men have an existential crisis over NC State basketball.

Saved you 30 minutes.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Saved you 30 minutes.

If the above summary doesn’t make you laugh, you have no soul.

TheCOWDOG

Goddam laughed my ass off, but my tribute to Paki’s rundown didn’t make print on the first “submit”

TheCOWDOG

Speaking of Boise, has anyone else walked the Bluefield, and later slipped on their ass doing the river walk, after a dozen Martinis?

TheCOWDOG

^ On the river, that is.
    Bet Drink did. That’s why he signed. Need to ask him.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Saved you 30 minutes.

Thank you.

As a bonus, I learned I just might have a soul.

JasonP
    Participant

Saved you 30 minutes.

Public service right there.

Wulfpack
    Participant

They raise some interesting points to think about. But bottom line is nothing is going to happen THIS year. If we shi* the bed again next year, then all bets are off, with Yow as AD or not. Apathy has indeed settled into Pack nation.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Saved you 30 minutes.

Thank you.

As a bonus, I learned I just might have a soul.

Don’t be too hasty. The test has not yet concluded. 😉

tjfoose1
    Participant

“might”. But granted, I was being generous.

travelwolf
    Participant

After thinking about it, our problem might be that our starting team doesn’t have a good practice team. Hell, we need a 7-footer to teach our bigs how to shoot over height. Maybe he should hire some retired b-ball players to give our team competition.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

^ We are the only team in the conference without a 6’10” or taller player on the roster, I believe. Not that that should cripple us, just sayin.

PapaJohn
    Participant

travelwolf – Very good point, and I think that is especially evident with the bigs. But generally, not having competitive practices has got to put us at a disadvantage.
    Look at UNC, they have an ACC caliber team on the bench. Wait and see, I think this is one of their better teams and will go far in the NCAAT. Strong inside game and one of the best guards in the country, who also happens to be a senior.

We’re over our heads in this one.

choppack1
    Participant

Going into the season, we had very little depth and no backup point guard.

The departures of lacy and Washington may have been unexpected but they shouldn’t have been. Gott is pretty tight with his scholarships and this is one of the results of that.

For next – again, we need big men and a back up point guard – then we go back to the complaints of being on the bubble instead of a 4 or 5 seed.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Can’t believe there is no game thread for the State/holes game. Especially since the first half has been a shocker. Hope they continue to play like that, or even better. Proud of the team so far. One more half to go.

eas
    Participant

I agree…no game thread for the Holes game? Wow.

Then again I can understand why we don’t to eliminate the the heartache we endure. Maybe we are all just mentally worn out these days.

eas
    Participant

0-5

Gowolves
    Participant

Paki, that was great.

CD, Do you drink every day or just every other day??

Wufpacker
    Participant

I agree…no game thread for the Holes game? Wow.

Then again I can understand why we don’t to eliminate the the heartache we endure. Maybe we are all just mentally worn out these days.

Sorry guys. In the future you will probably want to check the forums if nothing shows up on the main blog. I’m sure someone will take up the slack for some of the games.

But my days of wasting my time to write previews/game threads have likely ended. I no longer feel willing to waste such time just to deal with the grief it seems to invariably bring.

It’ll save me a shitload of time come baseball season, so there’s that.

eas
    Participant

Can’t say I blame you Wufpacker -:). It will help you keep some sanity at the same time.

papackman
    Participant

Begs the question …….Why in the hell was Gottfried’s contract extended? Is the goal just to make to the post season (won’t happen this year)? Didn’t even bother watching the Cheats game. Probably won’t bother with the remainder of the season……..and nothing much to look forward to next year. Can’t see how this coaching staff is doing any better than the Sendek years. Given the school’s basketball heritage we should be contending for the conference championship every year. Instead we’re lucky to average .500 in the ACC. Disappointing.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.