Payback at High Noon… ND Game Thread…

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Payback at High Noon… ND Game Thread…

Viewing 19 posts - 76 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Texpack
    Participant

Nice game from start to finish. These guys really play well together.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

St. Johns ruins Coach Rat’s annual Garden party by 4pts…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Texpack
    Participant

3 of the next 4 on the road and the one home game is the cheaters. Need a split.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^BS on a split…

It’s ICE CREAM time…
    Three out of Four at the minimum…

You just got to believe….

GO PACK!
    POP!!!

YogiNC
    Participant

3 of 4 would be nice… BUT… the way this team is playing 7 – 1 is possible down the stretch AND .. AND .. that could get us to the 4 game bracket in the ACC tourney. I LOVE the sound of that!!!

Smarter than the average bear

Texpack
    Participant

^BS on a split…

It’s ICE CREAM time…
    Three out of Four at the minimum…

You just got to believe….

GO PACK!
    POP!!!

If we win three of the next four we could be a six seed in the big dance.

What we need to stay on track for a bid is a split

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

In the afternoon round of today’s ACC….

In a yawner… ‘hoos 59 – ‘Cuse 44 … that’s right forty four pts in 40 minutes…

Miami squeaks by VaTech on a career day by Anthony Lawrence with 25 points which ought to put the Hokies in a real good mood for our game Wednesday night…

Miami by 7 over Danny and the Deacs… both teams are either better or worse than their records indicate and nobody knows which way that goes…

and the NOLES take a close one in Kentucky over Da’Ville, despite last minute heroics by Quentin Snider… which puts the WOLFPACK in FOURTH place in FEBRUARY in the conference standings (tied with Miami and Louisville ) … Now if I or any else had called that in the preseason, we’d been verbally abused to put it politely….

————–

Cheaters play Pitt in the Nose Dome tonight… which guarantees somebody’s losing streak will be broken… the problem there is that nobody else cares but the HOLES and Pitt…

GO PACK!

You just got to believe…

POP!!!

wolfmanmat
    Participant

We finally have the offense that can score without Yurt having to carry the offense. A very solid team effort. We get the bye in the ACC tourney and this team is walk8ng into Ncaa. Truly believe a ranking in the polls is coming either this Monday or next.

freshmanin83
    Participant

You scream, I scream, we all scream for Ice scream.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Well…. I think it’s safe to say… “We all LIKE what we seeing with Coach Keatts and this Team”…

Yes, all expectations for this season have been exceeded, so yes, it’s time for setting new expectations. Nobody knows yet how this one turns out but it’s been a helluva ride so far and nothing’s gonna change ’bout that…

In the meantime, as if beating Dook and UN* in the same season wasn’t enough… add this to the landmarks of this season…

The Wolfpack hadn’t won next game after beating Duke since 2003.
    The Wolfpack hadn’t won next game after beating UN* since 2002.

It might be good to lose one they shouldn’t just so some old folks can keep their feet on the ground and heads out of the clouds…

Just kidding… we’re going 2-0 this coming week!!!
    Good night…

GO PACK!

POP!!!

ryebread
    Participant

As a NC state fan, that was a great game to watch. We came out strong, dictated pace and never once trailed, getting up by 30 with 8 minutes left before calling off the dogs. What a reversal from South Bend.

As for the bigger picture, I could believe a run. I also looked at the schedule and saw some really tough games left. The teams needs to take one game at a time and focus on the task st hand. VT is going to be tough at home.

Go Pack!

freshmanin83
    Participant

Markell has done something no other Pack player has. 4 straight games with double digit assists.

rthomas44
    Participant

Bill, you and I have been on the bandwagon since the horses were hitched. Even now some of the SFN guys seem hesitant to sit down and enjoy the ride…. like you said, “You just got to believe”. Think about this,..In year one and as any new coach, late to the party, State gets M. Johnson. What if he gets this type of recruit every year.

YogiNC
    Participant

Even now some of the SFN guys seem hesitant to sit down and enjoy the ride

Call it cautious optimism rt. You have to admit the early going left room for plenty of head scratching. Take out Az and then lose to some nobodies. Even those first 3 ACC games were tough. But this team grew up quick. I think they finally saw KK’s system and how it works and BOOM! Success. I just love it for them. And I love it for Pack fans. Highly successful football and Directors cup ranking and now this. I told a friend of mine at work who is a Pack fan that I can’t wait for Baseball and then Lace ’em up and hit somebody! I think 2018 could wind up being a very good year for the Pack!

Smarter than the average bear

Wulfpack
    Participant

Another solid performance. Well done.

PackofMac
    Participant

Dilly Dilly

Pack78
    Participant

To lift from ‘Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid’: Who are those guys?

freshmanin83
    Participant

^ our hungry WolfPack posse on the scent and closing in.

BassPacker
    Participant

I’m happy where this team is, love the way they have responded to Coach K. I had to dvr the game watch later. I knew the score and all before actually sit down watched game. Yes, we outscored ND but if you really watch our play, specially the first half, we were sloppy and boo awlful at times. A lot of turnovers, bad passes and air balls. Fortunately ND was worse. If ND had been on their A game, it would have been different. Perhaps our D made ND play and shoot so poorly but just for a eye level, there is a lot of room for this team to improve. Not trying to rain on this parade but if get a chance, look at the game again knowing the outcome. We can get better. Which maybe the most positive thing at this tenure for KK and Wolfpack basketball.

Viewing 19 posts - 76 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.