PACK @ Notre Dame – 9pm…

Home Forums StateFans Basketball PACK @ Notre Dame – 9pm…

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Heelh8r
    Participant

#NCSU-North Carolina’s FOOTBALL school!

Just noticed this…I like it!

Texpack
    Participant

Almost have 10 points this half and we’ve only played 12.5 minutes. Don’t want to use up all of the points too quickly. I’m not sure how we win a conference game this year either but you should always remember that a normal distribution has asymtotes. We appear to be spending all of our time in the wrong one.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Let’s just turn the Scoreboard off and hope nobody gets hurt before the clock runs out…

There’s no point here, nobody is gonna prove anything…
    and there’s little point in piling on….

Just get the f back to West Rawlee and keep trying to find a solution…

We gotta to play Dook in three days…

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Heelh8r
    Participant

Agree. I’m trying to find something to grab onto to get excited about but there is just nothing right now

etab4u
    Participant

We have embarrassed ourselves tonight. I hope it doesn’t carry through for the whole season.

Heelh8r
    Participant

Starting to feel like that UNX game last year

JeremyH
    Participant

anyone still have that list of coaches? BJD where are you?

etab4u
    Participant

Only positive I saw: we held them to under 100. I don’t know if that will happen on Saturday.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

BALLGAME…

Smoke TWO if you got ’em…

PACK goes down by thirty…
    and that says it ALL eric….

Good night…

POPTWO!!!

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Well, that was disheartening, to say the least.. Hard to mine even the smallest nugget of hope moving forward. Gonna be a long cold winter. It’s been a long time coming. It’s going to be a long long long long time before the dawn.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

30 point a$$ stomping. You boys seeing any red flags yet, or you still in “this is all fine” mode?

This ain’t the Colonial Athletic Association, unfortunately.

* Maybe give Freeman the game ball from last night’s game? That way we’ll never see it again?

rthomas44
    Participant

Always darkest before the dawn.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Troll… L.Freeman was the radio guys Player of the Game…

Pack1997
    Participant

For those who think this is a coaching issue, just wondering which of our players you think would start for other teams in the ACC? With Markell out I cannot name one.

Rick
    Keymaster

We are obviously it manned and it’s too early to make any determinations about Keatts. But we are in for a long 3-4 years. Keats has a lot of on the job learning to do

choppack1
    Participant

Yep. I am hoping this ain’t Sendek Part Duex…where the coach realizes 4 years into his tenure that you have to recruit good, relatively smart basketball players, not just great athletes to win in this conference.

PackofMac
    Participant

Anyone amped up or hanging by a string for wolfpack basketball this season needs to just find something else to do for a couple/three months. Save your energy hating or worrying about Keats, worrying about beating this team or that team and just check the score the morning after and say a silent prayer our kids don’t get embarrassed every game. Let’s be serious for a second…

Abu: Athlete and that is all, no range, no shot, no hands, no basketball after this year
    Freeman: Solid but not gonna give us 20 points a game
    Dorn: Transfer from UNCC…again, TRANSFER FROM UNCC
    Batts: uh…
    Beverly: solid, will be, is a great addition
    Johnson: GONE
    A. Freeman: possibilities, that’s about is
    Omer: No
    Sam Hunt: transfer from NCA&T, a team that won THREE games all year!!!!

There aren’t three guys that should legitimately start on an ACC roster much less be successful in the ACC on that list.

ryebread
    Participant

Anyone amped up or hanging by a string for wolfpack basketball this season needs to just find something else to do for a couple/three months. Save your energy hating or worrying about Keats, worrying about beating this team or that team and just check the score the morning after and say a silent prayer our kids don’t get embarrassed every game. Let’s be serious for a second…

Abu: Athlete and that is all, no range, no shot, no hands, no basketball after this year
    Freeman: Solid but not gonna give us 20 points a game
    Dorn: Transfer from UNCC…again, TRANSFER FROM UNCC
    Batts: uh…
    Beverly: solid, will be, is a great addition
    Johnson: GONE
    A. Freeman: possibilities, that’s about is
    Omer: No
    Sam Hunt: transfer from NCA&T, a team that won THREE games all year!!!!

There aren’t three guys that should legitimately start on an ACC roster much less be successful in the ACC on that list.

While I’m not as down on the individual players as you, this is generally how I see it as well. I had hope for maybe something better due to style of play, but we just cannot shot. If we can’t score, we can’t press and we have to have the easy baskets.

I know Beverly is a fan favorite and a nice combo guard but he cannot really break down a defense penetrating and is getting exploited defensively (sort of like a better version of WBS). We were down on talent relative to ACC teams, but Markell being out puts us in an even bigger hole.

I think people need to realize the state of the roster. The last two Gott teams had terrible records, and had massive defections. This was a 5 win ACC team last year with a NBA lottery pick playing the most important position. I had a fan’s hope early, but the harsh reality is that we lost our top 3 scorers off of last year’s bad team. At Nevada’s version of the Wolfpack, two players that should be getting big minutes this year for NC State are putting up some pretty nice numbers on a fringe top 25 team. We said that Gott wasn’t building a program, and that the defections would kill us and that’s where we are.

I hate to say it, but we’re two years away from an uptick. Next year we’re going to be painfully young. We’ll need another strong recruiting class next year to pair with them. In year 3 of KK, that’s likely when we’ll see it. Some said it, and I think they were right.

Grin and bear it time………

Zaphod
    Participant

Shaun Kirk played 8 minutes last night…that’s all you need to know about the game.

Something I did appreciate from the team that was different from last year…no head hanging as the beatdown got worse. At one point they were still fighting for a 20 point deficit. They were still playing hard, they just weren’t that good. I’m cool with that for now…hate watching them get slaughtered, but we saw that last year with better players on the team. At least Keatts still seems to have them playing hard and paying attention.

And who knows, maybe this extra playing time for kids who really shouldn’t be starting for an ACC team will be good for them down the road.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Why do we forget???

Darius Hicks – 6′-7″ 230lbs Freshman…

out for the season….

——————-

I’m still trying to answer my own question posed during the second half as to why we can’t or won’t make correct entry passes to our BIGS…

There’s got to be more to this, than Keatts’ alledged infatuation with 4 and 1….

This one can’t catch…
    This one can’t pass…
    This one can catch but lands on the wrong ft…
    This one has to put the ball on the floor one time before shooting…
    This one doesn’t know where the blocks are…
    This one has a glass eye, but nobody knows…
    My outside scoring % is higher than that your inside scoring %… so you can get my rebounds please…

IDK… just got to be more here than meets the eye…

All this is stuff you had to master in Junior High School… before travel teams and AAU ball…
    I can’t imagine how difficult it would be to teach 18-19 yrs the same stuff without getting physical and loud…. either of which, will get Coach fired these days…

Pack1997
    Participant

I just dont see hw anyone could blame the coach. I am not saying he is great, but not many coaches could do anything with the current roster. As stated above, we had one of the top PGs in the country on our team last year and sucked. Lost our top 3 scorers and took grad transfers out the door just to have options on the roster. Anyone who expected better was reading the tea leaves wrong. Now I will see I am disappointed in Batts so far. I was under the impression he was a better player than he has shown. Don’t know if it is confidence or what. I do know we have solid players coming in next year and should be considerably more competitive. Follow that up with a solid class the next year and lack of talent wont be an issue.

I also find it funny we gave DD the benefit of the doubt for football for a few years, but KK hasnt even played a full ACC schedule and some want to get rid of him. Just Crazy

tractor57
    Participant

I view is KK needs at the minimum of 3 years to get his things in place. As to the players we have parts but not the whole – yet. This year could be bloody awful (starting that way) or could turn out to be decent (not great). I’m not ready to give up but I realize it will take some time for the transition. At that point we will have evidence one way or the other with KK. As has been mentioned I didn’t see any sulking as the point spread got worse. I think that is due to KK’s approach to the game but time will tell.

Skinless Boneless
    Participant

Agree with the past couple of commenters. This season is going to be painful if all you’re looking for are “W”s. You should look for success this season with individual player improvement at a rate higher than what a player normally experiences through the normal course of a season, team chemistry, & (as mentioned above) not giving up when their asses are being handed to them.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I am not saying he is great, but not many coaches could do anything with the current roster.

I’m betting there are a few out there that could take this roster and avoid getting blasted by 30 points coming off a 16 point loss. Just my 2 cents. Red flag for me, but happy for you guys who aren’t there yet. I’ll go away for now, you guys let me know how many years to wait before I can speak up and be concerned.

Heelh8r
    Participant

You should look for success this season with individual player improvement

I agree with this and I could get behind that and enjoy the ride. But what I am seeing is Abu and Y7 regressing, a bigger, stronger Lennard getting fewer rebounds instead of more, and I am seeing no improvement on defense from the past. We’ve basically got the same team as last year with Al Freeman replacing DSJ. It’s not a good look. I just want to see some hope.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.